SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at the 2012 CIT

nodakvindy

The following CIT games have been announced online by schools or local media, but won't be official until tomorrow night. There could be a change or two, but I'd guess most will happen.

North Dakota at Drake

Yale at Fairfield

Manhattan at Albany

Tennessee Tech at Georgia State

Rice at Louisiana

Coastal Carolina at Old Dominion

Kent State at South Carolina Upstate

Tennessee State at Mercer

Robert Morris at Indiana State

No Western matchups yet - A few of the teams that might be in the mix are Portland State, Utah State, Cal Poly, UC Santa Barbara, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Wyoming, Idaho and San Francisco.

http://www.collegein...ule-results.php

TUESDAY MARCH 13

Robert Morris (24-10) @ Indiana State (18-14) 7:00

Tennessee State (20-12) @ Mercer (22-11) 7:00

Coastal Carolina (19-11) @ Old Dominion (20-13) 7:00

Tennessee Tech (19-13) @ Georgia State (21-11) 7:00

McNeese State (17-15) @ Toledo (18-16) 7:00

Utah Valley (20-12) @ Weber State (24-6) 9:00

WEDNESDAY MARCH 14

Manhattan (20-12) @ Albany (19-14) 7:00

Yale (19-9) @ Fairfield (19-14) 7:00

Bowling Green (16-15) @ Oakland (17-15) 7:00

Buffalo (19-10) @ American (20-11) 7:30

North Dakota (17-14) @ Drake (17-15) 8:00

Rice (17-15) @ UL-Lafayette (16-15) 8:00

UC Santa Barbara (20-10) @ Idaho (18-13) 9:00

CSU Bakersfield (16-14) @ Utah State (17-15) 10:00

Cal State Fullerton (21-9) @ Loyola Marymount (19-12) 10:00

THURSDAY MARCH 15

Kent State (21-11) @ USC Upstate (20-12) 7:00

All Times EST

Note: The fourth annual CIT will once again use the old NIT model in which matchups in future rounds are determined by the results of the previous round

I was surprised Weber didn't make the NIT. I would say they have to be one of the favorites in the CIT.

Very surprised also that Weber is not in the NIT, actually thought they may have a shot at the big dance. Also, surprised Utah Valley is in the CIT. Thats 2 out of 6 teams from the Great West in the CIT. Would be nice to play Weber in this CIT to once again see what we need to do for the next 2 years to be competitive in the Big Sky.

Very surprised also that Weber is not in the NIT, actually thought they may have a shot at the big dance. Also, surprised Utah Valley is in the CIT. Thats 2 out of 6 teams from the Great West in the CIT. Would be nice to play Weber in this CIT to once again see what we need to do for the next 2 years to be competitive in the Big Sky.

Typically the only mid major schools that get invited to the NIT are those that done their conference regular season championship, but did not win their conference tournament championship. (Oral Roberts for example).

Anybody know if there is any television on this game or a wwebcast?

Yes to webcast http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_home.asp

All the tourney games are available for free. If you signed up for it last year, it will still be there. I just found it on my account. The quality was decent last year (streaming wise, the video was from the Air Force jumbotron, so you saw replays rather than live action at times), and it has a PIP feature, so you can watch three other games simultaneously.

• Upvote 1

I don't know too much about Drake but in looking at their schedule this year, we have one common opponent with them in Bradley. Bradley only has 7 wins this year including their victory over us. Drake is 3-0 against the Braves this year. Drake has also beaten Air Force and Iowa State this year. According to ESPN, Drake is a 13 point favorite. We are going to have to play our best road game of the year if we want to win tomorrow night.

The Sioux have been playing quite well of late. But given their road woes, I think it is a huge disadvantage that by game-time tomorrow they will have been away from Grand Forks for 7 consecutive days.

This is not good. This team has to be so road weary and tired of sleeping in motel rooms. Just laying around all day and especially since Sunday with nothing to do except short shoot arounds and film study. The cards are stacked but we need a good solid road win and tonight could be the start.

Another great chance to watch UND sports online/on TV. I love how many Fighting Sioux games are available to me in Colorado. Compared to other schools in the upper-midwest, it's pretty overwhelming how many times I get to watch UND.

• Upvote 1