SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana vs Weber State for title

WILDCAT

If any are interested Altitude sports and entertainment is broadcasting the Weber State/Montana basketball game live tonight to determine the Regular season champ and the right to host the Big Sky tournament.

game time is 7pm MST

GO WILDCATS

• Upvote 1

I watched. Looked like an awesome atmosphere. I was pulling for Weber, because I figured that if Weber won last night and then lost to the Griz in the conference Tourney, there would have been a very slim outside chance that the Big Sky could have gotten two teams in the tournament. Probably not, but could have been a good talking point.

They also had highlights of the game on Sportscenter. Apparently Weber has a guy that is currently ranked as the #8 OVERALL NBA prospect.

I watched. Looked like an awesome atmosphere. I was pulling for Weber, because I figured that if Weber won last night and then lost to the Griz in the conference Tourney, there would have been a very slim outside chance that the Big Sky could have gotten two teams in the tournament. Probably not, but could have been a good talking point.

They also had highlights of the game on Sportscenter. Apparently Weber has a guy that is currently ranked as the #8 OVERALL NBA prospect.

Damian Lillard. Guy looks like the type of guard who could take over a game and lead Weber State to a first round upset in the NCAA tourney. ESPN has him listed as a junior but he has 4 seasons of stats. He only played 285 minutes in 10-11 so maybe he got a medical redshirt? I hope, for our sake, that this is his last year of eligibility. The guy averages 24.5 a game and has scored 40 twice this season.

I'd like to see him play in Grand Forks. It would be fun to see.

Unfortunately for Weber but Good for Lillard is he will be gone after this season. :sad: Some NBA sites are saying Lillard will be the first point gaurd taken in the draft, he is only a junior, but is set to graduate this year. Most likely wont see him next year.

I'm currently watching the PSU vs. WSU game which is behing plaed at Montana. Nobody is at the game. It's kinda sad. Hopefully fans will show up early for the Montana game to give this gym some atmosphere.

I like this home court idea to get the best team the best chance to make it in tourney, but seeing no support for the non-home team game really makes me think that maybe this tourney does need to pick a neutral site to play at. That way fans of each team would be making plans to go ahead of time.

Weber rallies late to make the championship game, EWU playing well and up 5 at halftime over Montana.

Place filled up the second half of the Weber game, Montana is having midterm tests this week which might have kept some kids away early, but the place looks pretty full and loud now.