SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Coach K with a "late CB" shout out tweet to Coach M, with a crypic message about kicking butt in WI.

So let the speculation begin.

We have offers out to at least 6 WI players (others on here might know if any of them visited this weekend and are so far unaccounted for as far as committments).

They are:

Jester Weah, 3-star WR

Tony Gumina, 2-star TE

Zach Poker, 2-star TE

Jake Gronholz, 2-star OL

Dean Helt, 6'6", 225#, DE

Logan Niezke, 2-star DE (6'4", 225#)

Kinda hope it is one of the TEs listed above.

EDIT* Forgot about RB Rashadeem Gray as a player of interest from (Whitefish) WI.

One other possibility regarding the commitment Mannausau apparently facilitated--Dan Bell reportedly visited this past weekend. Even though he committed to UND several months ago, I believe there was some information to suggest it was more of a "soft" commitment. If he made a firm commitment following his visit, I suppose it's possible that may have prompted the "chest bump"?

One other possibility regarding the commitment Mannausau apparently facilitated--Dan Bell reportedly visited this past weekend. Even though he committed to UND several months ago, I believe there was some information to suggest it was more of a "soft" commitment. If he made a firm commitment following his visit, I suppose it's possible that may have prompted the "chest bump"?

Great point... I thought that too after I posted.

Sometime if you are going to get some of those real stud ball players it comes near the end of recruiting. Those type of players are waiting to see what unfolds. Maybe we just need to hang in there. Maybe we will land the type of player you are looking for. It might happen. We have already landed some real good ones.

• Upvote 1

Armond Hawkins is starting to get some extra interest from Fresno State now. They and Idaho doing in homes with him this week.

Hopefully they don't pull the trigger and he enjoyed himself up here. Maybe our situation will be attractive enough to him since he could come in and have a shot at playing time from day one.

Armond Hawkins is starting to get some extra interest from Fresno State now. They and Idaho doing in homes with him this week.

Its going to be tough to get him. He is obviously a big talent. Hopefully the trip went well and Coach Nurse can work some magic. Lots of playing time available at the CB position.

I have enjoyed the fact that the peanut gallery from down south is nowhere to be found this year in the UND recruiting thread. Tells me alot about about how our recruiting is going - no questioning who offered, etc.

Silence is golden, golden.......

I think Darell's got them corralled in another thread, which I won't venture into for fear that I might get sucked into another futile trolling contest. :D

I think Darell's got them corralled in another thread, which I won't venture into for fear that I might get sucked into anothrer futile trolling contest. :D

Gotta keep this thread clean of the Moo poop. Also for you guys giving the recruiting updates a big thank you!!

I have enjoyed the fact that the peanut gallery from down south is nowhere to be found this year in the UND recruiting thread. Tells me alot about about how our recruiting is going - no questioning who offered, etc.

Silence is golden, golden.......

Man you are stretching. NDSU comments in a UND thread and gets ripped for it. Now they don't comment and get ripped for it. Keep the tires spinning.

Man you are stretching. NDSU comments in a UND thread and gets ripped for it. Now they don't comment and get ripped for it. Keep the tires spinning.

Not ripping at all. Go back to the past 3-4 years of recruiting threads and look at the comments. Now there are none. It tells me things are going better and was simply pointing out the difference vs. past years. Nothing more, nothing less.

See that he had almost 1,700 yards this year, averaging 8.9 YPC, with 24TDs. Also had 233 yards receiving and 2 TDs. Wonder what other offers he had out there.

I like his stride its quick but also long. Pretty smooth for a shorter guy. I'm not worried about his 40 time. Jake miller wasn't incredible in that respect out of Hs and now runs a 4.4