SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

We'll probably use the old bait and switch on him by taking him to the UND-Colorado College hockey games to show him the great fan and student support UND gives its athletes, thus, planting the seed in his mind that this is what he'll see at the Alerus, too. ???

Yeah, isn't that the sad truth.

wtf guys? What would your suggestion be for making sure the recruits had an enjoyable time during their visit?

• Upvote 1

Some of you guys have some messed up expectations for the football program. What exactly do you propose they do with recruits? The hockey game is the hottest ticket in town during prime recruiting time so why wouldn't they take them to the event that best shows what this school is capable of. Every school does this whether it be Kentucky with basketball or us with hockey you do what you can to give you an edge in recruiting.

• Upvote 1

wtf guys? What would your suggestion be for making sure the recruits had an enjoyable time during their visit?

The sad truth is not that recruits are taken to hockey games, because that is exactly what the coaching staff should do. It portrays the potential the fan base possesses in terms of atmosphere and support in general. With that said, the fan support for the football team is ridiculous, and that is what is sad. There is no reason the Alerus shouldn't have 12,000 at each and every home game, besides for the fact that the Alerus is an oversized tin shed and the team hasn't been winning consistently. With wins, attendance and atmosphere should hopefully change.

Some of you guys have some messed up expectations for the football program. What exactly do you propose they do with recruits? The hockey game is the hottest ticket in town during prime recruiting time so why wouldn't they take them to the event that best shows what this school is capable of. Every school does this whether it be Kentucky with basketball or us with hockey you do what you can to give you an edge in recruiting.

really done wonders for kentucky's football program.

Except Kentucky's stadium is outdoors and the seating doesn't appear to consist of whatever leftover colors were available from the construction of other arenas.

You guys are cute. Criticising the FargoDome when you play in a half empty tin shed. By the way our 3 playoff games had more attenance than your whole season.

alright fine, you wanna be a prick, Michigan Michigan state Ohio state Purdue Texas Oklahoma Oklahoma state Florida Florida state North Carolina wake forest Tennessee. Done being a prick or do you want the list to grow?

Not to be a prick, but some of those programs are not good at football(Tennessee, Purdue, UNC, Wake Forest), but we understand the point.

The other shed we have does pretty good though. More people go to our home hockey games each year at the Raplh than go to all of NDSU's home games in all your sports combined. Ouch. That has to hurt. I know your women's basketball teams packs them in. I see where there were 200 at your last game. I don't think that was an actual count. That figure was generous. It looked like might maybe there were 40 or 50 there.. Thanks for your input though.

You guys are cute. Criticising the FargoDome when you play in a half empty tin shed. By the way our 3 playoff games had more attenance than your whole season.

und's non-conference hockey game 60 miles north of the ndac's first home playoff game in about 20 years had more people in attendance, so my description is fairly accurate...

The other shed we have does pretty good though. More people go to our home hockey games each year at the Raplh than go to all of NDSU's home games in all your sports combined. Ouch. That has to hurt. I know your women's basketball teams packs them in. I see where there were 200 at your last game. I don't think that was an actual count. That figure was generous. It looked like might maybe there were 40 or 50 there.. Thanks for your input though.

butthockey!

und's non-conference hockey game 60 miles north of the ndac's first home playoff game in about 20 years had more people in attendance, so my description is fairly accurate...

Not that it matters- but the NDSU/RMU football game had a higher attendance.

alright fine, you wanna be a prick, Michigan Michigan state Ohio state Purdue Texas Oklahoma Oklahoma state Florida Florida state North Carolina wake forest Tennessee. Done being a prick or do you want the list to grow?

the difference is that most of these schools are established, national powers in both sports, who's fans want to be successful in multiple sports. The student body as a whole could care less about sports that aren't hockey, and a large part of the alumni block, probably a solid majority, are in the same camp. I'm of the opinion that going to a sporting event for another sport is probably of little value recruitment wise, and only in the sense that its better than sitting alone in a hotel room.

Don't get pissy at me because you used an awful example. Think, then post.

Since you really want to bring this up, there is alot of difference between having 4 days warning and 4 months warning, especially over a holiday break. Also, I think we set our lowest all-time attendance at the alerus during a thanksgiving weekend playoff game about 5 years ago, so don't throw bricks in that glass house.

I don't understand why all the NDSU guys are posting in this thread? On every frickin page? Why do they give a sh^t? It has nothing to do with their school, it's not even the same conference.

Get a life.

Both schools do recruit the same areas, so there is room for reasonable commentary. If you went over to bville, you could probably find some UND folks posting in their recruitment threads. If you look back at the last page, it was siouxfan97 that took an unneeded shot at NDSU that had nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Both schools do recruit the same areas, so there is room for reasonable commentary. If you went over to bville, you could probably find some UND folks posting in their recruitment threads. If you look back at the last page, it was siouxfan97 that took an unneeded shot at NDSU that had nothing to do with the matter at hand.

No, that was you guys running your mouths too, actually started by you and flamed by JohnBoy, in response to nothing that pertained to NDSU.

• Upvote 4