SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

It's Christmas time so I figured I'd make a recruiting wish list for Santa to work on

S Jameer Thurman, 6', 190, Hillside (Proviso West), IL (3 Star - Rivals) Has offer from CMU

S Jesse Bobbit, 6'2”, 190, 4.7, Palatine (Palatine), IL Has offers from E IL & W IL

Ath Aeron Carr, 5'10”, 165, Mesa (Red Mountain), AZ (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from USD, SDSU & UNC

Ath Jordan Hein, 6'2”, 195, Perham (Perham), MN

DB Ryan McKinley, 5' 11”, 170, 4.8, Anthem (Boulder Creek), AZ (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from SDSU, Montana, NDSU, NAU & Yale

LB Mike Redmond, 6'4”, 220, 4.7, Minnetonka (Minnetonka), MN (2 Star - Rivals) Has offer from UNI

LB Nick DeLuca, 6'3”, 230, Omaha (Millard North), NE (2 Star - Rivals and Scout) Has offers from Ohio, USD & SDSU

LB John Wessel, 6'2”, 220, 4.8, Sioux Falls (Roosevelt), SD

DE Lorenzo Melvin, 6'2”, 225, Phoenix (Desert Vista), AZ (3 Star - Scout) Has offers from SDSU, NAU & W IL

DT Akeem Roller, 6'4”, 280, St. Paul (Cretin-Durham Hall), MN Has offers from Montana, EMU, WMU, UNI, W IL & WY

DE Logan Neitzke, 6'4”, 225, Appleton (North), WI Has offers from USD, Air Force, Army & UW (PWO)

OL Chad Fahning, 6'7”, 275, St. Paul, (De La Salle), MN (2 Star - Rivals) Has offers from SDSU, Columbia, Penn, E MI, MT St, W MI & UNI

OL AJ Stockwell, 6'5”, 285, Apple Valley (Eastview), MN Has offer from NDSU

WR Malcom Moore, 6'2”, 180, Hopkins (Minnetonka), MN Has offer from SDSU

RB Tre Favors, 5'10”, 180, Glendale (Mountain Ridge), AZ (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from SDSU, E WA, NAU, MT, W IL, U Utah & NDSU

RB/S Layne Johs, 5'11”, 210, Bismarck (Bismarck), ND

QB/DB Eric Bockmeier, 6'4”, 180, Kindred (Kindred), ND (PWO)

Add these guys to my Christmas wish list and you've got the type of recruiting class that can fill the necessary holes and add the depth and athleticism needed to win a national championship.

RB Jake Disterhaupt, 6'1”, 185, Moose Lake (Moose Lake/Willow River), MN

TE Dustin Iverson, 6'3”, 230, Elgin (Grant County), ND

OL Dan Bell, 6'5”, 275, Menomonee Falls (Menonomee Falls) WI (2 Star - Scout)

DT Brandon Miller, 6'5”, 290, Waterford (Waterford), WI (2 Star - Scout)

P/K Mitchell Meindel, 6'3”, 193, Waukesha (Catholic Memorial), WI (2 Star - ESPN)

Thought I'd revisit the Christmas list that geaux_sioux put together. Out of these, we know that Hein has gone to UNI. For a couple updates on some others, it appears Ryan McKinley has narrowed his top 3 to NDSU, Montana and NAU. I've also heard some things about a couple others, although things change. Mike Redmond sounds like he wants to stay closer to home, and I'm hearing either a walk on at Minny or playing at St. Thomas. I'm hoping that this isn't true and UND is a real possibility. Also, I believe Chad Fahning is waiting for a Gopher offer of some kind, and if he doesn't get it likely will go Ivy. Of the list above, I'd really like to see Thurman, Carr, Stockwell, Johs, Melvin and Neitzke. I'd also like to throw in Bridge Tusler, Fred Beaugard, AJ Goggin, Connor Strahm.

We wanted him last year but have since gotten players who are as good and Adams is already a year behind the learning curve. Not denying we didn't want him but we moved on and filled our roster with great players on the oline. We dont have scholarships left with 13 verbals and 6 seniors, offering a full ride doesn't even seem realistic. Hope we get him but its a numbers game. Too many olineman and if we offer a full ride well likely lose a player of need. Cant get everyone. Sounds like you guys want Bison fans to bow down to you. I guess you need another moral victory

It is so sad that there is just no way you bison trolls can make a point without having to add a comment to puff up your inferiority complex is there? It must be tough to not be able to enjoy what you have without feeling the need to spend time on other fan forums spewing out idiocracys that only perpetuate the fact that no matter how successful su is there are certain fans that will always have the need to compare them to the Flagship University of North Dakota and attempt to put down UND. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Find a charity and volunteer, write a book (or perhaps read one) but as has been written so many times - mooove on.
  • Upvote 4

It is so sad that there is just no way you bison trolls can make a point without having to add a comment to puff up your inferiority complex is there? It must be tough to not be able to enjoy what you have without feeling the need to spend time on other fan forums spewing out idiocracys that only perpetuate the fact that no matter how successful su is there are certain fans that will always have the need to compare them to the Flagship University of North Dakota and attempt to put down UND. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Find a charity and volunteer, write a book (or perhaps read one) but as has been written so many times - mooove on.

Its okay they are just bored of making fun of all the offers UND has out there on BVille they feel like they can come here and thump their chests. Remember UND can't ever compete against NDSU in recruits. They get the good ones and UND gets the leftovers. If it looks like UND outrecruits NDSU then its the NCAA cutting scholarship numbers isn't that right Rocky Hager?

If you want an entertaining reminder of how inexact this all is, go back and read the recruiting threads from about 2009 until now.

inexact? The only thing that's inexact is how pumped up you guys got from 09 to now and look at the results? Not hard to figure out who gets the lions share of good recruits.

inexact? The only thing that's inexact is how pumped up you guys got from 09 to now and look at the results? Not hard to figure out who gets the lions share of good recruits.

Uggh...why is this guy speaking to me...anybody? I didn't address him or his team...do I have to set an ignore? I feel like I just stepped in something nasty and can't get it off my shoe.
  • Upvote 2

You are ignoring the fact that we were a transition team from 2008 to 2011. Of course it's hard to get recruits during that time. But maybe you are right. After all, the BISON get every single player they have ever wanted, right? :silly: I guess if you can ignore what happened from 1993-2003, when both programs were on the same footing, you can make yourself believe that.

The playing field will be level at some point in the future and we'll get all the weapons we need to win and win big. And FU isn't going to like what happens then. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Looks like Jameer Thurman will visit UND on Jan. 11th and Southern Illiniois the following weekend on the 18th.

According to EdgyTim- http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/football/ct-spt-1225-prep-foot-edgy-recruiting-notes-20121224,0,2886305.column

I guess that means I can expect 40 below windchill that weekend then. Seems like we always get the brutal weather when recruits come to visit.

Looks like Jameer Thurman will visit UND on Jan. 11th and Southern Illiniois the following weekend on the 18th.

According to EdgyTim- http://www.chicagotr...,2886305.column

Rivals Page: http://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/football/recruiting/player-Jameer-Thurman-136899

He's a 3-star recruit and it looks like we have a legitimate chance at getting him. Hopefully the weather is good on the 11th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oX-nAtiJ1U

We'll probably use the old bait and switch on him by taking him to the UND-Colorado College hockey games to show him the great fan and student support UND gives its athletes, thus, planting the seed in his mind that this is what he'll see at the Alerus, too. ???

Yeah, isn't that the sad truth.

There was an interview on earlier this year with Nick Saban and men' basketball coach Anthony Grant. In it Saban talked about how he makes an attempt to meet with every recruit for every sport Alabama's campus and encourages other programs to bring recruits to Tide football games. Having a strong athletic dept. requires all sports to rely on one another. It goes on everywhere at every level.

There was an interview on earlier this year with Nick Saban and men' basketball coach Anthony Grant. In it Saban talked about how he makes an attempt to meet with every recruit for every sport Alabama's campus and encourages other programs to bring recruits to Tide football games. Having a strong athletic dept. requires all sports to rely on one another. It goes on everywhere at every level.

I don't disagree. But is it too much to ask to get a few sell outs for football, I mean, we're talking football here!!! It's football, the number one sport in America -- red,white and blue smash mouth football. And it takes place in the fall when the school year excitement is sky high and the weather is decent. We should be getting 10,000 butts in the seat at the Alerus based on tradition alone.

I wonder if it would make a hill of beans of a difference if Hak would make it a point to meet with every football or basketball recruit that came to campus. Or I wonder if the hockey blue chippers would be impressed with a personal meeting with Muss?

I don't know... I think it works at Alabama because Alabama football transcends the University brand and Saban (and his hair) are pretty freakin' famous. I mean, the guy was in the movie "Blind Side" for goodness sake! :lol:

I wasn't comparing Alabama to UND or Alabama football to UND hockey. I feel we'd be crazy not to bring these guys to hockey games. The building and atmosphere are something we should be proud of and show off. A lot of these kids have been up in the fall for an unofficial visit. A lot of other colleges wish they would have something as great as the Ralph and the UND fanbase to showcase in the winter when football is over.

We'll probably use the old bait and switch on him by taking him to the UND-Colorado College hockey games to show him the great fan and student support UND gives its athletes, thus, planting the seed in his mind that this is what he'll see at the Alerus, too. ???

Maybe the D recruits could meet with the goalies after the game to get some insight on what D means here. Of course, that's assuming we have the "hot goalie" that night.
  • Upvote 1