SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Not sure. I was thinking he was a little taller, but I just looked at the NIU roster and he's listed at 6'3". I'm guessing guard, but he did play tackle in high school.

We need a guy to plug in with the graduation of Lynch. Hopefully he comes and adds a mean streak to the line. Always need a little Minot grit on a football team.

You'd think we'd have the advantage here with coaching connections and history of minot guys playing here. Would he sit out a year?

The kid originally committed to Hawaii but ended up at Northern Illinois for this past season, so he's got potential. With that said, it's hard to say UND has the advantage given NDSU's recent success. I'd say UND is the underdog in this situation, but hopefully they can snag this kid.

Just saw on twitter that Minot native Dustin Adams is transferring from Northern Illinois. He's apparently considering UND and NDSU.

was this the same guy that was committed to hawaii at one point? I know NUI has been on a roll lately, but I always thought it was strange that an instate prospect was going to the MAC. I'm guessing this guy is going to expect a ride, and I doubt ndsu can give him one. I can't imagine they have more than two or three left scholarships left, and I think linebackers are their spot of greatest need. Odds are he end up here.

edit: yep that guy

With what is going on in Fargo I wouldn't hold out much hope of him coming to UND. That is just the way it is right now.

I'm not sure they can pull a scholarship out of thin air. They have very few to hand out. Just another advantage to und. I expect him to come to und, it only makes sense. He could come here and be a legend for restoring the program to glory or just be another brick in the wall at ndsu.

I'm not sure they can pull a scholarship out of thin air. They have very few to hand out. Just another advantage to und. I expect him to come to und, it only makes sense. He could come here and be a legend for restoring the program to glory or just be another brick in the wall at ndsu.

I don't know if he is the type of kid I want in Fargo. Hopefully if he comes to Fargo it is as a walk-on.

I'd give the edge to UND, better opportunity to guarantee playing time and more schollies available.

I don't know if he is the type of kid I want in Fargo. Hopefully if he comes to Fargo it is as a walk-on.

I'd give the edge to UND, better opportunity to guarantee playing time and more schollies available.

I have some leftover sandbags in my garage from the 2011 flood if you need any more

• Upvote 1

The AC will be preseason 1 or 2 next year with the return starters they have. Question is, does the kid think he's good enough to go in there and start, and how much does he want to play for a title next year? If the answer is yes and yes, then I don't hold out a lot of hope he'd choose UND. That's not even taking into account whatever the AC coaches would say to get him there. I'm sure they'd paint a rosy picture for him if they want him there.

• I think the big question is why is he transferring? Sounds like NIU is on the up swing.

Interesting that the guy who would have been his new head coach started the year as his position coach and might have at least had some hand in recruting him? Not sure of the timing of his committment, but if he didn't have a hand in recruting him to NIU then he was likely trying to recruit him to UND where he used to hold the same position.