SiouxSports.com Forum

SIoux @ Bulldogs!

Kooshnitz

I am glad to see the business suits are back in play. Now lets leave duluth green with envy tomm night running all the way back to GF with 4 pts. Great game tonight. The forecheck was very effective and the team capitalized on turnovers. So now the question, Eides or Dell tomm night?

Blood gets hit from behind by JT Brown... who will get a CFB major penalty for the cheap shot. And Blood is slow to get up.

Wonder if Bruce Ciskie will be calling for a suspension for Brown. Obviously decided it was late enough in the game to take the chance at getting away with something. He slashed Blood pretty good to the back of the leg in the first period after Blood checked him hard.

Sioux played a very disciplined game, controlled the puck and played good defense.

Hopefully Mattson will be OK for tomorrow, he kind of scorpioned into the boards but I think it looked worse than it was, we can't afford to lose anybody else right now that's for sure.

Sandelin can't be too happy about his teams effort, 2 goals given up on bad giveaways and another on a wraparound with the defense standing around watching, I've got a feeling they'll come to play tomorrow.

Needed a split out of here, now let's be greedy and get them both.

Good team effort tonight, really set the tone and played Fighting Sioux hockey from the 1st faceoff. Really thought Rowney, Parks, and Rodwell stepped up and controlled the play when they were on the ice. Everyone stepped up and played their roles well, wonder if any further punishment for Basaraba and Brown could be possible?

What a fun back and forth game. Fast and lots of hard hits. There won't be anything extra for Duluth players. I thought the hit on Blood was more deliberate than the one on Mattson.

Towards end they were saying that Parks was limping. Did he ever come back? We need him. That line was great at forcing turnovers.

Good team effort tonight, really set the tone and played Fighting Sioux hockey from the 1st faceoff. Really thought Rowney, Parks, and Rodwell stepped up and controlled the play when they were on the ice. Everyone stepped up and played their roles well, wonder if any further punishment for Basaraba and Brown could be possible?

I didn't really think Basaraba had that in mind when it happened, it looked like Mattson was kind of stumbling and he was going for the check and it ended up being a headfirst into 'Wehrs corner', I doubt if anything more will come of it.

Brown on the other hand just lined up a free shot with 45 seconds left...game was basically over...he was still mad about Blood creaming him (legally) in the first (although he did get revenge with a slash across the knees 3 seconds later which no refs saw)...his hit was basically a free cheap shot with nothing to lose but I would be surprised if anything comes of that either.

I didn't really think Basaraba had that in mind when it happened, it looked like Mattson was kind of stumbling and he was going for the check and it ended up being a headfirst into 'Wehrs corner', I doubt if anything more will come of it.

Brown on the other hand just lined up a free shot with 45 seconds left...game was basically over...he was still mad about Blood creaming him (legally) in the first (although he did get revenge with a slash across the knees 3 seconds later which no refs saw)...his hit was basically a free cheap shot with nothing to lose but I would be surprised if anything comes of that either.

I really agree with you in both cases and think nothing will be done with either of them, but Brown did seem to act with a little more intent with the hit on Blood.

I really agree with you in both cases and think nothing will be done with either of them, but Brown did seem to act with a little more intent with the hit on Blood.

Brown saw his chance and took it imo...figured they were gonna lose anyway so may as well exact some revenge on Blood...