SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Tebow

jwmann2

Anyone else get depresed when they watch this game play QB? You cannot run the option in the NFL and expect to be successful. We all saw how well the Wildcat turned out in Miami.

There are Middle School QB's with a better throwing arm than Tebow.

Its not pretty but they won again. With his specific skill set he's as good as a lot of other qb's in the league and there is a lot to be said for his "attitude" rubbing off on other players on the team and getting everyone to pull in the same direction. He's won as many games this year as Orton won in 4 years. I've been a Broncos fan for 20+ years as well and wasn't exactly high on him when he took over the job but won't argue with the results.

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with his play, personality, or beliefs. What I have a problem with is the continuous talk about him in the news. I don't want to watch sportscenter and see an absolute Tebow love fest. He's not the only one on the team and the Broncos aren't the only team in the NFL. That is what bugs me about Tebow.

Today's game was ugly, that's for sure... there's a reason that despite continuing to win, Denver keeps getting pegged as underdog, even to teams like Minnesota.

However, you can't argue with the results. The many articles last week about "Real QB Rating" were interesting (despite being an obvious shill for the Cold, Hard Football Facts guys), e.g.

CHFF Game Of The Week: Chicago-Denver

I liked this article that pointed out that, at a minimum, the league is going to have a change a bit to bring about the long-predicted fall of Tebow...

Tebow's true impact is overlooked

It's unreal how this has played out, it seems like every game during this winning streak whoever Denver has played has either been shorthanded or has just choked the game away.

They play the Jets, Greene goes down in the first quarter and Tomlinson is already out...they win.

They play the Raiders, no McFadden...they win.

They play the Chargers, they don't finish drives, Novak misses 2 field goals...they win.

They play the Vikings, no Peterson...they win.

They play the Bears, no Cutler or Forte...they win.

The chariot is probably going to turn into a pumpkin next week because Brady isn't going to let them hang around until the 4th quarter like these other teams have been, Tebow will have to complete some passes or they'll be down 30.

But looking at the last 2 games, Buffalo and KC...this team should really win the division, and you have to give the guy credit for salvaging what looked like a disastrous season, apparently the players around him have confidence in him in the clutch and that's what really matters.

That said, I still don't think he can survive in the league long-term unless he really improves his mechanics, the better defensive teams are going to stuff the line and make him beat them while sending extra people on the blitz, and right now that would be a problem. If they actually do make the playoffs and end up with someone like Pittsburgh or Baltimore it will get ugly.

I have no problem with his play, personality, or beliefs. What I have a problem with is the continuous talk about him in the news. I don't want to watch sportscenter and see an absolute Tebow love fest. He's not the only one on the team and the Broncos aren't the only team in the NFL. That is what bugs me about Tebow.

Sounds to me like you are upset with the media, but are putting that on Tebow. Don't think he can control the media. There are plenty of skeptics that are ready to pounce on him once the Broncos lose a few games, and as much as Tebow is only a part of the Broncos success and is getting more than his fair share of glory, he will suffer the reverse fate when that happens.

As much as people like to praise Tebow, and he is a very good QB, I'd submit much of the blame for the other teams' losses rests with the fact they played "prevent defense" and watched the clock in the last few minutes. Chicago was a perfect example. Instead of playing the D that got them close to victory, they sat on their heels and allowed Tebow and Co. to stay around and eat into their margin. When Denver has a kicker who can hit 70 yards in practice, you are playing a pretty dangerous game hoping Denver won't get into the red zone.

Tebow played his HS ball (he was home-schooled) about four miles from my house so I have followed his career since he was a freshman in HS. He actually threw the ball a lot in HS and with a great deal of success (10,000 yards, etc.). Yes, it was HS but HS football is pretty darn good down here.

I think everyone now understands this but Tebow is "just what you see". He wears his faith and determination on his sleeve but it is all real - nothing special for cameras or other media.

What has happened with the Broncos the last few weeks is amazing. A lot of it sure seems to be luck and the other team making very untimely mistakes but.... Tebow has been winning games like this since he was a sophomore in HS and throughout his career at Florida. The only difference is that he wasn't as inept throughout the first three quarters of each game. It appears to me that he had improved his throwing motion significantly last year but he has regressed greatly this year. I suppose the lack of a preseason may have had something to do with that.

I am one who doubts that Denver can win long term with Tebow but I have no doubt that Tebow will do everything possible in his efforts to become a bonafide NFL QB. Whether he is able to make those improvements remains to be seen. Personally, I think he could be a heck of a tight end!

Tebow is making the game fun to watch again. Sorry, but the NFL was getting boring to me. And, no, he's not going to last long if he doesn't improve his passing game.

However, he has that ability to make other players play with drive and focus. The Broncos are having fun playing football. Maybe not so much next week against the Pats. But, hey, that's what I thought all along about this team, so who knows?

About his religion, who cares? He doesn't force it on others, he is honest about it and he seems genuine. However, the nut jobs wearing "Jesus" on the back with #15 do bug me. Jesus doesn't play football. I know personally that Jesus plays soccer for Chivas in Guadalajara!

Tebow is making the game fun to watch again. Sorry, but the NFL was getting boring to me. And, no, he's not going to last long if he doesn't improve his passing game.

I think the NFL is becoming hard to watch. I would rather watch the NHL. I get the NFL package for free this season because I switched to DirecTV and I have watched a lot of out of market games and the AFC is God awful football so the Denver Broncos could very well make it to the title game, who knows. The Vikings this season are absolutely 100% brutal and the head coach needs to go today, because tomorrow just isn't fast enough.

As a Broncos fan I have to say that I Love how Tebow is playing. I think he is hard and fun to watch all at the same time. I keep telling people at least I am not a Vikings fan. If Tebow works with Elway in the off-season and learns to be a better passer, not great but better, I think he can be a very good QB. But I love the way he plays.

I wasn't a Tebow fan until the haters started discounting everything he does. No, he doesn't pay defense. No, he doesn't kick fieldgoals. No he isn't the running back. No he doesn't catch passes. And no, he doesn't try to take the credit for the wins.

But, what he does do is scare the crap out of the opposing defenses with his running potential which opens up the running game for the backs and the passing game.

And what he does do is get them into position to win with a fieldgoal--no he doesn't kick it but neither does Aaron Rodgers.

And what he does do is play great in the 4th quarter--when it really counts.

And what he is doing is getting better every week at passing--which is what all the talking heads grade QBs on.

So the haters can keep gnashing their teeth and attempting to find other things to attribute the wins to besides Tebow. But his Broncos teammates will tell you what stallion they're riding to the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

Here's how it plays out: Broncos lose to NE but beat Buffalo and KC to win the AFC West

Wild Card Game: Baltimore at Denver. Baltimore moves the ball at will but as usual Flacco can't finish the job and Cundiff kicks 6 field goals. Tebow is running for his life the whole game and completes 4 passes, 2 to each team. Lewis and friends commit 16 personal fouls and give Prater enough field position to match Cundiffs field goals with 6 of his own to send the game into OT tied at 18. Flacco 3 and outs in OT, Denver gets the ball at their own 25. Tebow runs for 75 yard TD on busted play, every Raven has at least one chance to tackle Tebow but misses. Broncos win. Lewis beats up Bronco mascot.

Divisional Semifinal: Denver at Houston. Arian Foster trips on Bronco mascot before the game and severely sprains ankle...done for the day. Andre Johnson, who was a game-time decision for the 127th straight week...out. Yates and Tate against Tebow and McGahee. 2 good defenses...more field goals from Prater and Rackers, 12-12 at the end of regulation. In OT Houston is driving but Yates fumbles a snap on 3rd down and Houston is forced to punt. On the Broncos first play Demaryius Thomas takes the handoff on an end around and throws back across the field to a wide open Tebow, who scoots 73 yards to paydirt. Broncos win. Arian Foster beats up Bronco mascot.

AFC Championship: Denver at Pittsburgh. Roethlisbergers gets sacked on first drive and bad ankle finally gives out...done for the year. Batch comes in and actually has a worse completion percentage than Tebow...game takes 4 1/2 hours to complete regulation because of 87 incompletions. 0-0 going into OT. In OT Tebow throws the bomb to Decker, isn't close to a catch but Polamalu gets his hair caught in Deckers facemask and gets called for pass interference. James Harrison berates the refs, says "everyone is out to get me" and gets an unsportsmanlike conduct tacked on. Prater FG, Broncos win. Broncos mascot hides, Harrison beats up John Elway.

Super Bowl XLVI: Denver vs. GB. Rodgers....oh hell even I can't come up with any BS to make them win this game.

• Upvote 1

Here's how it plays out: Broncos lose to NE but beat Buffalo and KC to win the AFC West

Wild Card Game: Baltimore at Denver. Baltimore moves the ball at will but as usual Flacco can't finish the job and Cundiff kicks 6 field goals. Tebow is running for his life the whole game and completes 4 passes, 2 to each team. Lewis and friends commit 16 personal fouls and give Prater enough field position to match Cundiffs field goals with 6 of his own to send the game into OT tied at 18. Flacco 3 and outs in OT, Denver gets the ball at their own 25. Tebow runs for 75 yard TD on busted play, every Raven has at least one chance to tackle Tebow but misses. Broncos win. Lewis beats up Bronco mascot.

Divisional Semifinal: Denver at Houston. Arian Foster trips on Bronco mascot before the game and severely sprains ankle...done for the day. Andre Johnson, who was a game-time decision for the 127th straight week...out. Yates and Tate against Tebow and McGahee. 2 good defenses...more field goals from Prater and Rackers, 12-12 at the end of regulation. In OT Houston is driving but Yates fumbles a snap on 3rd down and Houston is forced to punt. On the Broncos first play Demaryius Thomas takes the handoff on an end around and throws back across the field to a wide open Tebow, who scoots 73 yards to paydirt. Broncos win. Arian Foster beats up Bronco mascot.

AFC Championship: Denver at Pittsburgh. Roethlisbergers gets sacked on first drive and bad ankle finally gives out...done for the year. Batch comes in and actually has a worse completion percentage than Tebow...game takes 4 1/2 hours to complete regulation because of 87 incompletions. 0-0 going into OT. In OT Tebow throws the bomb to Decker, isn't close to a catch but Polamalu gets his hair caught in Deckers facemask and gets called for pass interference. James Harrison berates the refs, says "everyone is out to get me" and gets an unsportsmanlike conduct tacked on. Prater FG, Broncos win. Broncos mascot hides, Harrison beats up John Elway.

Super Bowl XLVI: Denver vs. GB. Rodgers....oh hell even I can't come up with any BS to make them win this game.

THAT is funny! :lol:

I wasn't a Tebow fan until the haters started discounting everything he does. No, he doesn't pay defense. No, he doesn't kick fieldgoals. No he isn't the running back. No he doesn't catch passes. And no, he doesn't try to take the credit for the wins.

But, what he does do is scare the crap out of the opposing defenses with his running potential which opens up the running game for the backs and the passing game.

And what he does do is get them into position to win with a fieldgoal--no he doesn't kick it but neither does Aaron Rodgers.

And what he does do is play great in the 4th quarter--when it really counts.

And what he is doing is getting better every week at passing--which is what all the talking heads grade QBs on.

So the haters can keep gnashing their teeth and attempting to find other things to attribute the wins to besides Tebow. But his Broncos teammates will tell you what stallion they're riding to the playoffs.

I'm not mad at Tebow, I'm mad at every person in the national media crediting Tebow for everything when clearly the team surrounding him has stepped up huge.

Tim is a good guy with a big heart. I just am not crediting him for things he doesn't participate in.

To me Tebow gets too much credit and too much criticism. When many Viking fans talk about Christian Ponder, they say that he has played pretty well, he just has to learn from his mistakes. Everybody realizes there is a steep learning curve for quarterbacks in the NFL, let alone for a quarterback who didn't play the prototypical NFL-type package in college. Since this is basically Tebow's rookie season, people aren't allowing him to have a learning curve. He has already done a pretty good job in avoiding the same mistakes Ponder has made, perhaps because he hasn't been asked to stretch his comfort zone early in the game. If Tebow is ahead of the game on not making stupid mistakes, perhaps he will be able to grow in the other areas of the game as well, as soon as they allow him to be put in those situations. The bottom line is that people shouldn't expect any more out of Tebow than they do from Ponder, because Ponder has, and will probably always have more prototypical NFL experience than Tebow. Allow some time for both players before labeling them as either great or horrible. Time will tell if either has what it takes to make it as a starter long term.

I'm not mad at Tebow, I'm mad at every person in the national media crediting Tebow for everything when clearly the team surrounding him has stepped up huge.

Tim is a good guy with a big heart. I just am not crediting him for things he doesn't participate in.

I would say it is probably half and half with the media. Half are espousing the same things you are talking about, and half are giving Tebow way too much credit. However, if the Broncos start to fade and lose a few games, even if it is by a missed kick or bad defense, I would say that 90% of them will be all over Tebow and that his success was a stack of cards waiting to fall.