SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Tebow

jwmann2

I wanted Vick on my fantasy team. Didn't get him.

Got "stuck" with Aaron Rodgers instead.

bummer.... :lol:

How did you get "stuck" with Rodgers? I got stuck with Vick after Rodgers, Brees, and Brady were taken in the first 10 picks of the first round (I took Arian Foster with my first pick and by that time, only Brady was still available of those three).

As for Tebow: His shortcomings are very well noted. If you are going to lose to Tebow, you'd best lose to him like Pittsburgh did. They shut him down and made him throw the ball. And the Steelers' pass D laid a big fat turd when they needed them most. The Patriots come to town and well... lookie there.

I dislike Tebow more, though, for the media's reaction to him than anything else. Pre-game, they pretend to dislike him. All week long they tear him apart, and then when he wins, they put him on a throne next to Jesus... they simply cannot wait to interview him. It's like the media, instead of simply reporting the facts, are pandering to both sides of the debate by pretending that they hate the guy one minute and love the guy the next. I guess that's how they operate, so whatever.

However the killer is this: If you are a stats guy, you look at his statline and then try to make an argument that, if his name was...say... Tavaris Jackson or hell ANY other QB with the same statline... would he be starting at QB? Forget the Win Loss record because on quite a few of those wins, it came down to a mistake (or two) made by the Bronco's opponent (example: Bears, Chicago. Marian Barber) and the fact that no one in their division wanted to win the conference.