SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Tebow

jwmann2

I'm not mad at Tebow, I'm mad at every person in the national media crediting Tebow for everything when clearly the team surrounding him has stepped up huge.

Tim is a good guy with a big heart. I just am not crediting him for things he doesn't participate in.

He may not "participate" in the defense playing well, or the kicker making clutch kicks; but he does participate as a leader of that team that many - if not all - of his teammates have rallied around. Plain and simple, the guy's a winner, and his positive attitude is clearly contagious.

-----

It's going to be interesting to see how he plays and adjusts over the next two seasons once the NFL defensive gurus have had an offseason to pick apart film from this year.

He may not "participate" in the defense playing well, or the kicker making clutch kicks; but he does participate as a leader of that team that many - if not all - of his teammates have rallied around. Plain and simple, the guy's a winner, and his positive attitude is clearly contagious.

This is what coaches go through. They get too much credit for winning and too much credit for losing. Maybe Tim should be the head coach of the Broncos? Did Tim smooth talk Marion into fumbling? Did Tim tell Marion to go out of bounds? Did Tebow's encouragement make Nick Novak miss two FG's...or make Norv Turner call stupid plays in the red zone that prevented them from scoring TD's? Did Tim make sure Matt Cassel got hurt, right when the Chiefs were playing some of their better football this year? How about Nick Folk and his two missed FG's?

I'm sure there's more than that too...the Broncos have been awfully lucky to even give Tebow a chance to come back at the end. Why can't he inspire the offense to do more in the first 3 and a half quarters? I give him credit for his comebacks, no doubt it's amazing, but why does it take so long?

Say what you want about Tebow, his team now believes they can win. Going from 1-4 to 7-1 after changing from Orton to Tebow is quite a turnaround. No, its not all Tebow, but the quarterback is the team leader and the bottom line is the Broncos are now winning. The quarterback does not have to do it all by themselves, but they can be an inspiration for the team and its belief in themselves.

No Tebow comments yet today?

Yes, they lost, as did Rodgers' Packers, Manning's Giants and half the teams in the NFL. On the other hand, the Broncos are still leading their division and looking like they may make the playoffs. No, its not pretty, and maybe this will be Tebow's only season as a starter, but his resolve and character speak volumes in the face of all the doubters... He has taken a team that was 1 - 3 before he played (coming in in the 3rd quarter of the 4th loss) and has them on the doorstep of the postseason.

IMO...Trent Dilfer is one of the worst QB's ever. If I were to start a team and I had to pick Tebow or Dilfer, I would choose Tebow. He gets better and better each week. Yes, his motion is slow and his passes arn't crisp but you know what, he makes his teammates believe in one another. Tebow will be in the league for a long time and chances are he will be playing QB. Personally I am not a Bronco fan ( GO PACK GO) but he is making a lot of people tune into Bronco games and he is making NFL football fun to watch again.

Trent Dilfer was by no means a great QB and while his career was disappointing for a 1st round pick, he was 100 times better than Tim Tebow will ever be.

Damn why you hate Tebow so much? Even the experts are saying that over the past 6 or 7 weeks he has gotten better as a passer and his motion is getting better. If you dislike his relegious views that is one thing but I am beginning to think you are the has been Merill Hodge.

I remember another quarterback that they said could not throw the ball and would not have a great career in the NFL and all he was is a running QB. Michael Vick proved those people wrong. Tebow is still technically a first year player. He beat the Vikings with their new star. What does he have to do to get some respect.

Don't put Tim Tebow's arm in the same category as Michael Vick. Vick isn't the greatest passer from an accuracy and decision-making standpoint, but the guy can throw a football. I bet Vick can throw it as far as anyone in the league right now.

Ironically Vick has the 3 things that Tebow needs the most...smooth throwing motion, quick release, and arm strength. If Tebow had Vicks mechanics he would be very dangerous, probably more than Vick because he seems to be a better leader and makes better decisions. The way he throws now...he's going to have to improve his mechanics a lot to keep his job long-term.

Just read an article in the paper that John Elway wants to spend time with Tebow during the offseason to work on his throwing, said he wanted to last summer but couldn't because of the lockout.

Seems like Elway is doing a good job as Vice President of Football Operations, spending time working with Tebow can't hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

Vick didn't prove anybody wrong. He's still not a good QB. Great athlete, but not a good QB. He fooled a few people last year but I was one of the smart ones who correctly predicted that he would come crashing back down to earth this year.

I wanted Vick on my fantasy team. Didn't get him.

Got "stuck" with Aaron Rodgers instead.

bummer.... :lol:

Tebow is in a lose lose situation. Even if he beats a team like the Steelers, people will say that they were a depleted team and anyone could've beaten them. If he loses next weekend people will say that they knew it all along, well 15 other teams have tried and couldn't beat them either so it is not just Tim Tebow.

The thing I like about this kid is he keeps proving couch coaches wrong. You know who you are too, you are the one who sits on his couch and watches all this football and also manages 5 fantasy football teams and wins them all. Since you win them all you think you are the next big GM of the NFL, the fact of the matter is Tebow is a QB and he is a damn good one at it.

Tebow said the guys won the game for "Kup", referring to former UND star Chris Kuper. He said Kuper is a huge leader, and hasn't tasted the playoffs yet, and gets hurt right before the playoffs this year. I thought that was pretty cool that he is that important to the guys in the Denver room.

No matter what you think about his skills on the football field, America would be a better place if more of the ultra-rich athletes were like Tebow.

Rick Reilly article on espn.go.com

http://espn.go.com/e...eving-tim-tebow

Every week, Tebow picks out someone who is suffering, or who is dying, or who is injured. He flies these people and their families to the Broncos game, rents them a car, puts them up in a nice hotel, buys them dinner (usually at a Dave & Buster's), gets them and their families pregame passes, visits with them just before kickoff (!), gets them 30-yard-line tickets down low, visits with them after the game (sometimes for an hour), has them walk him to his car, and sends them off with a basket of gifts.

Home or road, win or lose, hero or goat.

There's not an ounce of artifice or phoniness or Hollywood in this kid Tebow, and I've looked everywhere for it.

Isn't that a huge distraction?

espn_tebow_zak_300.jpg

Not everything Tim Tebow does on one knee is controversial. Ask Zac Taylor.

"Just the opposite," Tebow says. "It's by far the best thing I do to get myself ready. Here you are, about to play a game that the world says is the most important thing in the world. Win and they praise you. Lose and they crush you. And here I have a chance to talk to the coolest, most courageous people. It puts it all into perspective. The game doesn't really matter. I mean, I'll give 100 percent of my heart to win it, but in the end, the thing I most want to do is not win championships or make a lot of money, it's to invest in people's lives, to make a difference."