SiouxSports.com Forum

USD at UND

fightingsioux4life

I would love to see a big crowd as well for this one, but just can't see there being more than 10,000 fans. Unless South Dakota brings a load up and fills their allotted section of the stadium I'll guess it will be at the 8,000 to 9,000 level.

Last game of the season, then done with the probationary period.....finally.....

Next week, UND can finish what has been a challenging and frustrating transition period with a win over longtime rival South Dakota and clinch a share of the last Great West Conference title in the process. This is probably the most significant game at the Alerus Center since October 29th, 2005 when Nebraska-Omaha ruined what was shaping up to be a national championship season with a 20-19 comeback win after being down 19-0 late in the third quarter. In my opinion, the program was never quite the same after that. But next Saturday afternoon, we can start a new winning tradition, this time at the Division I FCS level.

This is the time to fill the Alerus Center up again, like we did from 2001-2005. This is the time to bring back the noise, the excitement, the energy, the passion. Do your hunting some other weekend. Take a nap some other Saturday. This Saturday, get your rear ends to the Alerus Center and show this team that you support them and that you are fired up for the Big Sky Conference in 2012!!! Go Sioux!!!

And while were at it, bus the students there and then ankle chain them to their seats so they can't leave at halftime for whatever more-important gad they've got going on at 2:30 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. :glare:

• Upvote 3

And while were at it, bus the students there and then ankle chain them to their seats so they can't leave at halftime for whatever more-important gad they've got going on at 2:30 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. :glare:

Well, the hockey team is out of town, so that excuse is out the window. It is my belief that the students will be back once the meaningful games are back on the schedule. This is the first meaningful game we've had at home in a long, long time.

The team is 7-3, has a shot at a share of the last GWC title, last game of the transition and the last game with USD for the near future. And I am sure there will be plenty of potential recruits in the stands for this one. Time for us as fans to step up, fill the Al, create an amazing gameday atmosphere and help the team finish the transition on a high point! Hopefully the athletic department turns the marketing machine on high for this one.

And students: get to the game and stay at the game!

• Upvote 2

The team is 7-3, has a shot at a share of the last GWC title, last game of the transition and the last game with USD for the near future. And I am sure there will be plenty of potential recruits in the stands for this one. Time for us as fans to step up, fill the Al, create an amazing gameday atmosphere and help the team finish the transition on a high point! Hopefully the athletic department turns the marketing machine on high for this one.

Unless we are up 55-0 at Halftime then you are free to leave. ;)

• Upvote 2

If they're up at 2:30.... :lol:

The last home game I was a student for during my time at UND was when they played Northern Alabama in the semifinal game in the NCAA DII tournament.....I hope it can get back to that point at some point in time....the Alerus and the student section were fricken nuts that game... :)

• Upvote 2

If they're up at 2:30.... :lol:

The last home game I was a student for during my time at UND was when they played Northern Alabama in the semifinal game in the NCAA DII tournament.....I hope it can get back to that point at some point in time....the Alerus and the student section were fricken nuts that game... :)

Yes, the North Alabama game was awesome..................good times, good times.

It is looking like this will be the first home game I miss in a few years. My daughter's high school volleyball team qualified for the state tournament this year. Maybe if they make it to the title game, I'll have time to cruise up to GF for the football game before flying back to Fargo for the final. :)

Welll said Dan. Lots of high school seasons are over and this will be a good weekend to get potential recruits to the Al. Lets create an atmosphere and send these seniors out in style. These are the kids that came to UND knowing they would never have an opportunity for the playoffs. They deserve it.

• Upvote 4

I remember a few years ago against USD when UND ran a lot of wildcat formation with Josh Murray taking the snaps, after seeing very little (if any) of it prior to that game. It was quite effective. My hope is that we see something similar, i.e. a completely new wrinkle of some kind, on Saturday as obviously the offense has struggled quite badly since the second half of the UNC game.

I remember a few years ago against USD when UND ran a lot of wildcat formation with Josh Murray taking the snaps, after seeing very little (if any) of it prior to that game. It was quite effective. My hope is that we see something similar, i.e. a completely new wrinkle of some kind, on Saturday as obviously the offense has struggled quite badly since the second half of the UNC game.

i really hope we get a bit creative on offense. I've seen enough of running up the middle (and not Sutton doing it). What happened to Mussman's favorite overused play the WR bubble screen? I'd really think we have a couple players that could benefit from getting the ball in a situation to run a bit like McGill and Miller or Garmen.

I liked how our offense started against Davis. A lot of sit down 5 yd routes that were able to go for few more. End of game the slant was something we used and I can't think of another time this year we threw it. Also we were close on oh so many big plays. Goska needed just a teeny bit more touch for a few of those plays to go for monster yards. However, too often he threw deep on 3rd and short. I don't mind a shot once in a while.

I'm expecting usd to throw the ball a lot and very quickly. So what's the game plan for that? I'm not a fan of the bend but don't break employed against suu. Now is the time to bump some receivers to get them out of rhythm.

• Upvote 1

What are the injury situations for each team? Ivery (sp?) didn't look good after taking hit to the head in the endzone. USD's qb was out at end against Poly. Did he play this past weekend?

USD's starting qb played last week, so his injury from the Cal Poly game must not have been serious.

Is there a reason why the Yote fan board is not accessible unless you are a member? I hadn't been there in quite some time, but didn't know they had changed their rules that you can't see the forums unless you are a member. Why the change?

You have to remember that they are a small-time MVFC school...............................

• Upvote 1

Yes, our board is low in numbers and traffic but it is slowly building. I believe the reason for the registration requirement is as follows. Previously, anyone could read the board AND POST without registration. Because of that we had plenty of drive by trolls. The only way to stop this was to close the board and require registration. The board software didn't allow register to post and non register to browse.

Yes, our board is low in numbers and traffic but it is slowly building. I believe the reason for the registration requirement is as follows. Previously, anyone could read the board AND POST without registration. Because of that we had plenty of drive by trolls. The only way to stop this was to close the board and require registration. The board software didn't allow register to post and non register to browse.

I'd rather have the drive by variety than the ones that stick around with different user names.

I've been critical of UND"s marketing, particularly of football and basketball, but I received a phone call tonight thanking me for my support of Fighting Sioux athletics and a reminder to be at the game this weekend to support UND in their quest for a Great West Conference championship. I was also encouraged to spread the word to people as they are looking to pack the house. I was going to the game anyway, but it is nice to see them stepping up efforts to get attendance up at the game and give them a chance to show off what has become an improved product on the field. Kudos UND athletic marketing!

• Upvote 4

I've been critical of UND"s marketing, particularly of football and basketball, but I received a phone call tonight thanking me for my support of Fighting Sioux athletics and a reminder to be at the game this weekend to support UND in their quest for a Great West Conference championship. I was also encouraged to spread the word to people as they are looking to pack the house. I was going to the game anyway, but it is nice to see them stepping up efforts to get attendance up at the game and give them a chance to show off what has become an improved product on the field. Kudos UND athletic marketing!

That is great to hear!

Is there a reason why the Yote fan board is not accessible unless you are a member? I hadn't been there in quite some time, but didn't know they had changed their rules that you can't see the forums unless you are a member. Why the change?

I'm guessing maybe its because of a rogue poster whose name rhymes with "makes fries in", the message board pariah of the internets.