SiouxSports.com Forum

Penn St. scandal

UND92,96

Lakesbison posted this on AGS...Caution it will give you a different view of Lakes!!

PENN STATE IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS GAY ACCEPTANCE & GAY COMMUNITY, WHY ISNT THE MASS MEDIA TALKING ABOUT THAT?

Aug 23,2011 - Penn State ranked LGBT friendly. For the 10th year in a row, Penn State received a five-star rating — the highest score possible ...

This is going to get ugly at Penn State, Rampant Homosexuality in this country is going to be a huge problem. Sandusky hasnt helped their cause at all.

Go obviously if you are gay you like to shower and violate little boys. Can Lakes get any more dumber.

• Upvote 1

Lakesbison posted this on AGS...Caution it will give you a different view of Lakes!!

Go obviously if you are gay you like to shower and violate little boys. Can Lakes get any more dumber.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the correlation between being gay and being a child rapist is. Either Lakes is a bigot or he's struggling with his own Sandusky like demons (it's probably both).

• Upvote 2

{puts on moderator hat}

I'm tired of seeing copy/paste of posts from other forums. It stops. Now. Why?

• No copyright violations
    Do not reproduce
    entire articles,
    forum posts
    , or other content you do not own.

{takes off moderaor hat}

Repeating lunacy makes you a lunatic as well.

The recruiting problems are beginning!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/11/11/penn-states-top-recruit-backs-away-from-commitment-amid-sex-scandal/

A standout high school offensive lineman from Colorado has turned his back on his verbal commitment to attend Penn State, becoming the first recruit the school has lost because of the ongoing sex scandal that has rocked the university to its core, the Coloradoan reported.

A standout high school offensive lineman from Colorado has turned his back on his verbal commitment to attend Penn State, becoming the first recruit the school has lost because of the ongoing sex scandal that has rocked the university to its core, the Coloradoan reported.

"Sex scandal" doesn't seem like the right choice of words in this case. ??? I guess "child rape scandal" is too wordy.

Well, now we know what "Big Ten" really stands for, what a travesty. I was reading on ESPN that this thing may get even worse, the rumor is that Sandusky was pimping the children to wealthy donors. Maybe that's why it stayed covered up for so long. I hope this is rumor. Big Ten all about the money, oh, and the sexual exploitation of young boys...My only question is "where is the response from the NCAA?" You would think that this would be considered "hostile" and "abusive"

Well, now we know what "Big Ten" really stands for, what a travesty. I was reading on ESPN that this thing may get even worse, the rumor is that Sandusky was pimping the children to wealthy donors. Maybe that's why it stayed covered up for so long. I hope this is rumor. Big Ten all about the money, oh, and the sexual exploitation of young boys...My only question is "where is the response from the NCAA?" You would think that this would be considered "hostile" and "abusive"

My guess is that they'll say "this is a matter to be handled by law enforcement" and they'll let that play out. While I do agree that peice has to play itself out, however if the NCAA's response to this is to let law enforcement handle this and they totally step aside, I think that's a gutless, chickensh*t way to handle this. I hope I'm wrong and they step up here.

Wow. Putting that kind of stupidity and ignorance on public display is the type of thing that could cost someone their job.

Not sure I'd want my kid lacing them up at PSU... gotta think this is going to hurt their recruiting.

Yep. It's going to kill recruiting. It's going to kill donations. It's going to kill whatever cash reserves Penn St. has now. I'm sure the NCAA will find a way to impose sanctions. It won't take long for the lawsuits to roll on and Penn St. is going to be eager to settle them to get the whole thing behind them and to start the recovery process. No matter the length of time, it will be an indelible stain on PSU. Some lawyers will get easy pay days.

My thought is that the NCAA place Penn State on probation for at least 10 years in all sports, this is now a criminal institution. This is not student athletes breaking rules or violating laws, it's the administration from top to bottom. If our logo and nickname creates a hostile and abusive environment, just what the hell do you call the conduct at Penn State? Show some spine NCAA...

• Upvote 1

What the media doesn't seem to want to talk about is that Paterno almost certainly knew about Sandusky preying on young boys as early as 1998.

Someone in the Penn State organization knew that Sandusky was bringing in young boys to the Penn State football locker rooms then and showering with them.

The Penn State police had made Sandusky promise that he wouldn't shower with young boys then.

Paterno had to have known that then - in 1998.

Sandusky took a Second Mile boy with him to the 1999 Alamo Bowl as well as other bowl games. Penn State officials knew this and allowed it.

Sandusky's trip to the Alamo Bowl with the young boy raised eyebrows with Alamo Bowl officials and with ESPN personnel.

The State of Texas is investigating the events associated with that Alamo Bowl.

Sandusky resigned mysteriously after that season, in spite of Sandusky being Paterno's heir apparent.

No other universities pursued Sandusky after his resignation - in spite of Sandusky being a major reason for Penn State having a rep as linebacker U.

In my view, in 1998 / 1999, Paterno did not want the Sandusky situation to cause embarrassment to either Penn State football or Paterno's precious reputation.

Paterno chose to sweep the Sandusky situation under the rug then, in 1998.

A number of janitors saw Sandusky in the showers with young boys well after the Penn State police had talked with Sandusky. But the janitors all expressed fear that they would lose their jobs if they told.

Paterno ruled the Penn State athletic department with an iron fist. What Paterno wanted is how it happened, even with the Penn State police.

When Paterno was again faced by new allegations by McQueary, that Sandusky was seen raping a child in the Penn St showers in 2002, Paterno acted to protect himself and the football program by asking the AD and VP to trivialize what happened.

Just imagine, over the years, the Penn State staff - including Paterno and McQueary - saw Sandusky bring an untold number of boys to Penn State practices and other events. As late as 2007, Sandusky was at a Penn State event with a boy from Second Mile. As late as last week, Sandusky still had access to the Penn State football complex.

http://espn.go.com/c...ach-joe-paterno

The more phone calls you make to those who know Paterno, who have worked with Paterno and who have socialized with Paterno, the more you realize he isn't simply the smiling cardboard cutout figure that the riotous crowds in downtown State College used as a symbol of their unrest.

The descriptions from one administrator: "Fabulous and horrendous" … "Surreptitious" … "Self-absorbed" … "Calculating" … "Protective of everything he's done."

JoePa is three-dimensional, capable of extraordinary acts of kindness and charity, as well as extraordinary acts of backroom politics. But he isn't who we thought he was. If he were, he would have called the police nine years ago when first alerted to the alleged misconduct of former Nittany Lions assistant coach and friend Jerry Sandusky.

"Joe is -- was -- in absolute control of Penn State athletics," says a former BCS conference official who had a long working relationship with Paterno. "There's no question about it."

This whole story is an absolute disgrace but to lump other Big Ten schools in along with the conference is unnecessary. Absolutely disgusting how long this went on even before the grad assistants discovery in 2002.

Cause we like to think if a coach knows a guy in the administration has sex in his showers with young boys, the said coach would want to see that guy face criminal charges.....at least after the 3rd time? But wait the posts above even say the Penn State police even know about it, but did nothing. Failure at so many levels.

It's like WTF...everything else aside. Public showers?

Cause we like to think if a coach knows a guy in the administration has sex in his showers with young boys, the said coach would want to see that guy face criminal charges.....at least after the 3rd time? But wait the posts above even say the Penn State police even know about it, but did nothing. Failure at so many levels.

It's like WTF...everything else aside. Public showers?

Just because you like to think it does not make it so. The fans at Penn probably thought the same way and now look at them.