SiouxSports.com Forum

Penn St. scandal

UND92,96

Just because you like to think it does not make it so. The fans at Penn probably thought the same way and now look at them.

What do you want? This is a story that when hearing details from the grand jury report make me physically ill. I can not fathom something like this happening EVER, let alone at UND. You are asking a question to which there is no answer. You have no idea what the response would be at any school, workplace, shopping center, etc. As a society we have to expect that people would do the right thing and turn in the person that was committing such heinous acts. To expect a cover-up of the magnitude of Penn State's to occur at UND says alot about you as a person.

• Upvote 2

Best Buy is just the tip of the iceberg. There could be much more going on in Fargo. Much, much, more. After all, nobody would have suspected anything at Penn State just a few weeks ago.

Yup. NDSU. Much, much more. Because the Penn State fans thought the same way some people on the NDSU campus did, now look at them.

Just because you like to think it does not make it so. The fans at Penn probably thought the same way and now look at them.

Just because you like to think Penn State might be the rule and not the exception doesn't make it so either.

What's you point? I guess we will never know. Do you want to get a janitor job and tell the coach you saw someone having sex with boys in the shower and see what happens? Maybe try it at your job. :silly:

What do you want? This is a story that when hearing details from the grand jury report make me physically ill. I can not fathom something like this happening EVER, let alone at UND. You are asking a question to which there is no answer. You have no idea what the response would be at any school, workplace, shopping center, etc. As a society we have to expect that people would do the right thing and turn in the person that was committing such heinous acts. To expect a cover-up of the magnitude of Penn State's to occur at UND says alot about you as a person.

Welcome to the real world then. It can and does happen everywhere. We all like to think it could never happen here but it could just as easily as anywhere else. How many thought that Pat Peake (track coach in Grand Forks) would go to jail for having a sexual relationship with a minor? My main point is that people are blasting away at Penn because they want to convince themselves it could not happen at their school. Sorry folks you are not immune. I just wanted people to step back and think how would we react if it happened here?

Best Buy is just the tip of the iceberg. There could be much more going on in Fargo. Much, much, more. After all, nobody would have suspected anything at Penn State just a few weeks ago.

Yup. NDSU. Much, much more. Because the Penn State fans thought the same way some people on the NDSU campus did, now look at them.

They live in the same world of denial as people at UND do.

My main point is that people are blasting away at Penn because they want to convince themselves it could not happen at their school.

I think people are "blasting away" because this is a despicable story about a horrible man...and then covered up by an entire administration. Could it happen anywhere? Sure, but you seem hellbent on having other posters admit that it could happen at UND. There's a reason why this is such a huge scandal...because a story of this magnitude has never rocked an entire athletic dept like this at PSU.

My main point is that people are blasting away at Penn because they want to convince themselves it could not happen at their school.

I'm not blasting at Penn State because something like that could never happen at UND, I'm taking shots at the premise that athletic departments should be be treated with more deference than the rest of the university. If Paterno and McQueary had done the "right thing", instead of just following the black letter of their rules, Sandusky would probably be getting his in arrears long ago. When the athletic departments effectively run their university, regardless of how much money they pull in, you have a much larger issue than a cover-up.

I'm not blasting at Penn State because something like that could never happen at UND, I'm taking shots at the premise that athletic departments should be be treated with more deference than the rest of the university. If Paterno and McQueary had done the "right thing", instead of just following the black letter of their rules, Sandusky would probably be getting his in arrears long ago. When the athletic departments effectively run their university, regardless of how much money they pull in, you have a much larger issue than a cover-up.

While the NC$$ appears to be sitting in the bleachers for this mess, the B10 has fired its own round.

http://www.startribu.../133814738.html

It's merely a slap on the wrist, still better than nothing (just barely) when considering the seriousness of what transpired. I honestly feel that Penn State should have all of their athletic programs (excluding club level) suspended for at least ten years for what happened at their institution. It seems only appropriate.

Sandusky was interviewed on Rock 30. Hard to listen to. Asked if he was sexually attracted to young boys. He beat around the "bush" and then....finally...said no.

Morning talk show hosts really ripping into Penn State saying they need to shut the athletic programs down for a year.

I heard the NBC "Rock Center" interview with Costas last night. Just when you thought Sandusky couldn't get any creepier ...

I'm not sure who I felt more sorry for: Costas for having to ask such questions, or the guy's attorney having to sit there and listen to the interview and then defend Sandusky.

Wait ... I never feel sorry for lawyers. (Sorry Scott. ;) )

I'm not sure who I felt more sorry for: Costas for having to ask such questions, or the guy's attorney having to sit there and listen to the interview and then defend Sandusky. Wait ... I never feel sorry for lawyers. (Sorry Scott. ;) )

As long as the check clears ... :hypocrite::lol:

Sandusky's attorney is giving interviews in other media outlets, and making his client sound like a mildly retarded simpleton ("child like" is his term), rather than a predator. :crazy:

As long as the check clears ... :hypocrite::lol:

Sandusky's attorney is giving interviews in other media outlets, and making his client sound like a mildly retarded simpleton ("child like" is his term), rather than a predator. :crazy:

And yet he was able to coordinate one of the best defenses in college football for 23 years. Surrrrrrre. :glare:

And this is the lawyer Sandusky chooses?

Defense attorney Joe Amendola, 63, representing Sandusky in the sexual molestation case roiling Penn State and Joe Paterno’s legendary football program, impregnated a teenager and later married her, The Daily has learned.

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/11/14/111511-news-sandusky-lawyer-teen-web/

Good grief, The guy's an ethical nightmare, even for a lawyer. I predict the famous "Chewbacca defense", with a dose of fist pounding, and perhaps claims of "racism" for good measure. :silly::lol:

Or the caveman lawyer defense:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - my client never molested these children!"

I miss Phil Hartman! :sad:

Or the caveman lawyer defense:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - my client never molested these children!"

I miss Phil Hartman! :sad:

Sandusky seems more like a Lionel Hutz client.

Judge: Mr. Hutz, do you know you're not wearing any pants?

Lionel Hutz: What? AAH! I move for a bad court thingy.

Judge: You mean a mistrial?

Lionel Hutz: Yeah... that's why you're the judge, and I'm the law... talkin'... guy.