SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Now that Oakland left why would they want to stay. Oh that's right that RPI thing that FU love to throw around in the one bid league. I wouldn't be surprised to maybe have DU as a non football member of the Big Sky if Idaho joins the SB in all sports.

Denver brings a nice basketball team to the table but they do not offer the minimum sport requirement of the Big Sky. That is part of the reason an offer was never made. I don't see them being added to the league unless it is ever in the same situation the Summit was in and was is desperate for teams.

I just think it's weird that the Summit is SO much better than the Big Sky in basketball and yet both conferences got just 1 team into the tourney and both of those teams had the same seed..... :huh:

What was UND's record vs. Summit squads this season?

Regarding the strength of the Big Sky vs. the Summit in basketball, it can also be noted that in addition to both conferences receiving an equal seed to the NCAA's, both leagues also had a total of 3 teams each participating in some type of post-season basketball.

I really don't think there is as big of a gap between the two leagues as some would like to think.........................

Lets see what was the UM score and the SDSU score against their respective tournment teams?? Face it the BSC last year was a 2 team conference in MBB.

A loss is a loss in the NCAA tournament ( I know you love to hang on to staying toe to toe with Kansas in '09), but a loss is a loss. Summit = BSC (except in stability).

The way teams are apparently fleeing the Summit , let's see if the Bison fans are bragging about the strength of the Summit in the coming years. . It beginning to look like the Summit might not even be in existence in the not to distant future. The Summit's RPI will be taking some major hits in the future.

Butt I-94, Butt Travel Expenses, Butt "we are in the best conference", Butt "We Never Really Wanted to Be in the Big Sky', Butt "UND convinced Montana to drop us" Butt Dakota Big Three... they are getting what they deserve.

• Upvote 4

Butt I-94, Butt Travel Expenses, Butt "we are in the best conference", Butt "We Never Really Wanted to Be in the Big Sky', Butt "UND convinced Montana to drop us" Butt Dakota Big Three... they are getting what they deserve.

Nothing wrong with the Summit - trading Denver for KC is a win-win. Every school in the BSC has buyers remorse over adding you guys. At lease we can travel to our away games. Why don't you guys focus what is happening and not wishing what would happen like why coaches are leaving the fb team and no one wants to apply? Really sad when you are forced to hire from within new cordinators with zero experience. See a pattern there?

Nothing wrong with the Summit - trading Denver for KC is a win-win. Every school in the BSC has buyers remorse over adding you guys. At lease we can travel to our away games. Why don't you guys focus what is happening and not wishing what would happen like why coaches are leaving the fb team and no one wants to apply? Really sad when you are forced to hire from within new cordinators with zero experience. See a pattern there?

Don't you have your own site to spew on? The BSC added UND for the same reasons it turned away su - academics, stability, integrity, tradition, similar goals. Where I work it is considered a good thing to promote from within, don't think su can throw stones about coaches leaving,

Can't fill out an 11 game football schedule, basketball conference is falling apart I think you have more important things to discuss and you can do at bisonswille and if you need to talk smack you even have a thread there just for you.

Other than Sac State (which sucks at life anyway) can you back that up?

As for the football coordinators....you can have your opinion but I think that Kotelnicki and Luke S as coordinators could be a really really good thing. I was not a big fan of the calls that the old o coordinator Breitbach called and Kotelnicki is scrappy and eager and I will take that on the defensive side anyday.

Do you have a source for this? There may be some fans on message boards and a Sacramento newspaper reporter, but I have yet to see any Presidents or AD's say they made a mistake in adding UND.

Who are you trading Oakland for? You feel confident Denver won't move to its 4th conference in 4 years soon?

Thanks for your interest in UND football. You seem to have everything figured out.

• Upvote 1

Do you have a source for this? Their may be some fans on message boards and a Sacramento newspaper reporter, but I have yet to see any Presidents or AD's say they made a mistake in adding UND.

That article from sac State and a couple losers on AGS are all he is going on. What a poor attempt at talking trash lol