SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Considering you have NEVER been correct in any of your move up FBS predictions  its the only right thing to do as you did promise to do that.

FAiled to mention that you have been given the role of exterminating trolls with poisoned sausages.  Your bizon  troll buddies won’t know what hit until it’s too late.  You can team up with lakesbison.

57 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Lol. I don’t have anything to defend. You still didn’t answer the original question though. What’s your new user name gonna be?

Two can play your juvenile game that changes posts wordings too.  A telltale trait of a troll.

”I don’t  have anything of substance to defend?” from your previous post.  That’s what you did to my post and made a big deal out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

kWSN 98.1 Sioux Falls says UMKC will announce tomorrow they will join the Summit and Augie may come after that.

Dont have a link as another posted it.  Could be “wishful” thinking.

The WAC would be dead after a couple of years if that happens and the Summit would still be vulnerable if UMKC doesn’t start baseball.

The UMKC athletics site had an announcement today, but more with improving school spirit, facilities and scholarships.  Tomorrow there will be a staffing announcement.

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211780347&DB_OEM_ID=18300

23 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Does the Big Ten regret adding Maryland and Rutgers after all their troubles?

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/11/05/big-ten-expansion-rutgers-maryland-jim-delany

The article never went into the accounting to see if their States and NYC and DC cable networks made it worthwhile.

Leave it to SI to miss the 80 percent of the story.

The Presidents of the other Big Ten schools:

* Will be happy at a stronger link to all the research money these two bring in.

* May already be applying pressure to stay clean and stop with the headlines.   Losing is fine.  Killing people (last I checked) would probably make a President unhappy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Is it really a prediction when all you are doing is repeating a news article?:lol:

Had posted about Liberty moving up to FBS and the so-called experts on a realignment board moved it to a smack board as they thought it was so preposterous.  But months later it happened, because Liberty has wheelbarrows full of cash and FBS is a good advertisement for tuition.

Just today, ESPN is sponsoring a new bowl in Myrtle Beach, because it’s thirst for bowl programming is just about insatiable.

Ive been saying this for years, but Presidents get wide-eyed at the thought of a >$1 million payout from the CFP after 2025 when it gets renewed.  FCS will be practically drained dry when that happens.

Cash drives the college sports world, not wins, but wins helps also with the cash flow.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

kWSN 98.1 Sioux Falls says UMKC will announce tomorrow they will join the Summit and Augie may come after that.

Dont have a link as another posted it.  Could be “wishful” thinking.

The WAC would be dead after a couple of years if that happens and the Summit would still be vulnerable if UMKC doesn’t start baseball.

The UMKC athletics site had an announcement today, but more with improving school spirit, facilities and scholarships.  Tomorrow there will be a staffing announcement.

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211780347&DB_OEM_ID=18300

A close friend of mine is a head coach in the NSIC, and the Augie thing is basically a done deal. The NSIC is already planning for their departure, basically just waiting for an announcement this winter sometime.

12 minutes ago, Petey19 said:

A close friend of mine is a head coach in the NSIC, and the Augie thing is basically a done deal. The NSIC is already planning for their departure, basically just waiting for an announcement this winter sometime.

Wishful thinking of the USF coach? LOL

They say what they had planned with FB?  

Hope the NSIC doesn't get any bright ideas and replace Augie with another school (16 is too many for a conference, especially with the unbalance in the FB divisions)

Guess I have to plan for the announcement coming soon....

sigh. 

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wishful thinking of the USF coach? LOL

They say what they had planned with FB?  

Hope the NSIC doesn't get any bright ideas and replace Augie with another school (16 is too many for a conference, especially with the unbalance in the FB divisions)

Guess I have to plan for the announcement coming soon....

sigh. 

He said it sounds like they plan on playing in the Pioneer for FB. 

3 hours ago, Petey19 said:

Hopefully, Kennedy got some no strings money out of the deal from Denny.  Denny could buy his way for Augie into the MVC if he wanted to, but the MVC doesn’t serve his purposes to make Sioux Falls happy.

UMKC just got a new AD from Northridge.

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211780580&DB_OEM_ID=18300

The ONLY way Augie makes sense to me is in a "9FB/12BB" scenario. 

As I've previously observed, the Summit is precariously perched regarding teams a sport sponsorship: lose any one of four teams and lose the BB autobids. That's precarious. An easy solution would be to start football. 

And as I've observed, if UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, Omaha, Denver became a consortium, and if they could somehow convince Idaho, Montana, Montana State, EWU, and Weber State to part from the BSC you'd have a group of 9 FCS FB / 11 BB schools. That's almost perfect for scheduling. What you'd want is one more BB only school ... say Augie. Welcome to 9FB/12BB (perfect scheduling size) and easy BB travel partners.

UND/NDSU, SDSU/Augie, USD/Omaha, UM/MSU, UI/EWU, WSU/DU. 

If Augie wanted to keep FB, yes, Pioneer (non-scholarship) League. 

Being in a conference with Augustana would be a hard pass for Idaho, Montana, Montana St, and EWU.  Don't need Augustana for your plans when we already have Oral Roberts in the mix to fill that basketball only school spot.

UND/NDSU, USD/SDSU, Omaha/ORU, UM/MSU, UI/EWU, WSU/DU

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Being in a conference with Augustana would be a hard pass for Idaho, Montana, Montana St, and EWU.  Don't need Augustana for your plans when we already have Oral Roberts in the mix to fill that basketball only school spot.

Is ORU fond of Fargo in February?
Would they be more fond of Weber Wednesday in January? 
I worry that ORU is still looking south for a conference. I have no basis other than meteorology. 

That said, admittedly, you are correct about how Idaho would view Augie. You'd really, really have to sell that Augie is still better than SUU and the total package is an overall upgrade. 

*Sorry T-birds fans. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is ORU fond of Fargo in February?
Would they be more fond of Weber Wednesday in January? 
I worry that ORU is still looking south for a conference. I have no basis other than meteorology. 

That said, admittedly, you are correct about how Idaho would view Augie. You'd really, really have to sell that Augie is still better than SUU and the total package is an overall upgrade. 

*Sorry T-birds fans. 

What was the reason ORU left the south to rejoin the Summit? 

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

What was the reason ORU left the south to rejoin the Summit? 

Well, Texas and other states like LA and Ark have a much higher yield of Pentecostal and Charismatic faith based potential students.  The Southland didn’t allow faith based institutions until UT-Arlington left, which objected fiercely.

An ORU President should be naturally inclined to that population, which is tiny in Summit states.

Think that ORU wanted to head to the WAC after the Southland, but the Summit needed them to keep their autobid (ORU is a key member as they have both baseball and men’s soccer.). So ORU headed back to the Summit for free just to get into the WAC with Southland schools that will move to FBS.

The WAC would be perfect Conference for ORU  if it has presence in Texas, Ariz, and California and having other Christian  based schools like GCU  and Cal Baptist.  ORU and UMKC would make good travel partners, and that will come in the WAC..

Naturally, this logic will come under attack by NDSUers and others.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

This makes just as much sense:

UND / NDSU

SDSU/Augie

USD/ Omaha 

DU / Weber

Mont St / Mont

Idaho / Seattle

Both DU and Seattle tried to get in the Big Sky with the Montanas in the past.  They were rejected by the low budget fb schools, not the Montanas.  The Montanas and Idaho need a presence in Denver and Seattle, for alumni and potential students.  Seattle and Idaho are Pacific time, so that is one down side.

Denver, Seattle, Augie and Omaha are all good potential mbb schools.

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

This makes just as much sense:

UND / NDSU

SDSU/Augie

USD/ Omaha 

DU / Weber

Mont St / Mont

Idaho / Seattle

Both DU and Seattle tried to get in the Big Sky with the Montanas in the past.  They were rejected by the low budget fb schools, not the Montanas.  The Montanas and Idaho need a presence in Denver and Seattle, for alumni and potential students.  Seattle and Idaho are Pacific time, so that is one down side.

Denver, Seattle, Augie and Omaha are all good potential mbb schools.

Augie is a !@#!$ little school UND and the others shouldn't be associating with. Trade them out for any current bsc member. 

• Upvote 2