SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Could ndsu football go FBs as an independent and try make a schedule without a conference?

the forum boys are going to need to go on meds if other teams keep getting invites and not ndsu.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kab said:

Could ndsu football go FBs as an independent and try make a schedule without a conference?

the forum boys are going to need to go on meds if other teams keep getting invites and not ndsu.

Those guys are nuts.  They rip fcs fb constantly then they wonder why attendance is down.

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Why would SDSU, USD and SDSU make it easy on them and keep their other sports in the Summit?  

22 minutes ago, homer said:

Why would SDSU, USD and SDSU make it easy on them and keep their other sports in the Summit?  

they won't ....it's all or nothing with fenton..........

no way NDSU "parks" their only sports in the summit and had a FB invite to Mac or sun belt, or AAC....

like Jay Rock and Fenton always say...

You either with me or against me, hoe (Hoe)
You either with me or (Wait)
Win win, win, win, win (Yeah)

1 hour ago, homer said:

I have always said if a football team goes FBs all other sports need to follow that team to the new conference 

what are the exit fees for mvfc and summit 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

If NDSU went Indy FBS FB, who's going to bankroll teams to come in so they have a home schedule. 

Hey, remember they are the METRO!

• Upvote 1

For a team to count as a member of an FBS conference you must be an all-sports member. A FB only doesn't count toward the 7 full members to be classified as an FBS conference. 

To be taken on as FB only you have to bring some other benefit like in Hawai'i's case you get to play an extra (assume home) game to pay for the trip. 

Love the St. Thomas addition. I do hope these leads to the Summit League absorbing the NCHC as well as a Summit League Football conference. That would be a big deal on multiple fronts. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, AJS said:

Love the St. Thomas addition. I do hope these leads to the Summit League absorbing the NCHC as well as a Summit League Football conference. That would be a big deal on multiple fronts. 

Would another benefit be that it could motivate Mankato to finally move up for all sports?  

They are the best fit for the league, and they are perfect for the footprint.  They also happen to have a great hockey program.

I seriously wonder if SCSU will be able to continue sponsoring hockey at a high level given the institutional issues they have.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Would another benefit be that it could motivate Mankato to finally move up for all sports?  

They are the best fit for the league, and they are perfect for the footprint.  They also happen to have a great hockey program.

I seriously wonder if SCSU will be able to continue sponsoring hockey at a high level given the institutional issues they have.   

i hope not

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

They are already at CCHA level along with Miami and W. Michigan.

Institution Conference Primary Hockey
University of North Dakota NCHC Summit $5,453,864
University of Nebraska Omaha NCHC Summit $4,910,317
University of Minnesota-Duluth NCHC NSIC $4,450,551
Colorado College NCHC DIII $4,117,107
University of Denver NCHC Summit $4,108,526
Arizona State University NCHC Big XII $3,505,282
Miami University NCHC MAC $2,540,578
Saint Cloud State University NCHC NSIC $2,337,159
Western Michigan University NCHC MAC $2,170,025

2 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

So how long before the MAC schools go to the CCHA and Bemidji St and Minnesota St become Summit league hockey affiliates?

wouldn't have to come to that........would still have 8 without adding bsu and msu

which im all for (8 schools)....less conference reptititive playing and sprinkle in some more non conference games against schools like michigan, maine, lowell, northeastern, bc, bu,......

51 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

So how long before the MAC schools go to the CCHA and Bemidji St and Minnesota St become Summit league hockey affiliates?

What do bemidji and mankato add to the nchc/summit hockey. No thanks. Western is a solid program that adds a good recruiting area. If Miami wants to leave I don't see an issue with negotiating a lower exit fee. Keeping a non competitive program does the league no good.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

What do bemidji and mankato add to the nchc/summit hockey. No thanks. Western is a solid program that adds a good recruiting area. If Miami wants to leave I don't see an issue with negotiating a lower exit fee. Keeping a non competitive program does the league no good.  

msu brings a very good basketball program(s), a baseball program for 6 core schools (plus unc) a travel partner for st thomas, potentially a summit league football program and a solid hockey program...they should have been in instead of scsu anyways.....

and heck maybe they even say...add us and we'll start up men's soccer to help a brother out....

can't say that about bemidji and western (being a mac school out east)

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

msu brings a very good basketball program(s), a baseball program for 6 core schools (plus unc) a travel partner for st thomas, potentially a summit league football program and a solid hockey program...they should have been in instead of scsu anyways.....

can't say that about bemidji and western (being a mac school out west)

MSU is in D2 for a reason. If they moved up they would certainly drop football a la Omaha as the dollars aren't there. Summit is most likely to pick WAC carcass or be destroyed itself. The number of viable move ups at this point is very small. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

MSU is in D2 for a reason. If they moved up they would certainly drop football a la Omaha as the dollars aren't there. Summit is most likely to pick WAC carcass or be destroyed itself. The number of viable move ups at this point is very small. 

that's why i said potential summit football program....if they drop football they would be just fine for the summit instead of uvu, utu, or suu or even unc.....

plus when glen taylor finally sells to arod he'll have plenty to spend to help out old mankato state!! billions!

17 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

That's kinda the point.  Mankato without FB would be great.  If the Summit adds Hockey and Mankato, it would have the numbers in other sports so it wouldn't HAVE to take the Utah schools in order to survive.  The league would be stable.

• Upvote 2