SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Are paper bags better?

Paper Bags are for" look at me loser attention whores"......some stupid bitch actually was wearing a paper bag with a Sioux Jersey in Denver at the Frozen Four?

If you don't like it don't go. If you do go, cheer for UND If you feel like the players aren't giving 100% then boo if you want I guess....pretty simple concept.

My views on the whole Faison should fire Muss thing are pretty simple. Muss needs to go. There is no plausible explanation to the contrary. I have met Faison and actually think he is smart enough and passionate enough to realize this. If he doesn't, then in my view, he himself might not be the right guy for the job in this post transition era.

• Upvote 1

My views on the whole Faison should fire Muss thing are pretty simple. Muss needs to go. There is no plausible explanation to the contrary. I have met Faison and actually think he is smart enough and passionate enough to realize this. If he doesn't, then in my view, he himself might not be the right guy for the job in this post transition era.

This can't be screwed up like when we moved up too late. This desicion needs to be a home run to turn things around. This season started with a ton of potential and has fallen flat then fell out of bed then imploded then got just plain pathetic.

Who is running down the family? I do not see the problem with a sign that says FIRE MUSS at the game. It was the path he chose for himself.

My point is that his family is sure to notice a sign like that and it is not right. I agree with Ira and others here that it would be ineffective and grandstanding on your part. If he was my son, father, brother or husband I would track you down with your sign and probably try to stick it someplace inappropriate regardless of of the path he chose. I don't think he should or will be retained but there are right and wrong (classless) ways to go about letting the corrent people know that. The only thing I would consider worse would be a bag on your head.

My point is that his family is sure to notice a sign like that and it is not right. I agree with Ira and others here that it would be ineffective and grandstanding on your part. If he was my son, father, brother or husband I would track you down with your sign and probably try to stick it someplace inappropriate regardless of of the path he chose. I don't think he should or will be retained but there are right and wrong (classless) ways to go about letting the corrent people know that. The only thing I would consider worse would be a bag on your head.

If his family did such a thing they would be losers. Attacking him would show serious lack of class. He has a right to voice his opinion and displeasure as a long time fan. Why are you so protective of Muss? A serious lust for him or something?

If his family did such a thing they would be losers. Attacking him would show serious lack of class. He has a right to voice his opinion and displeasure as a long time fan. Why are you so protective of Muss? A serious lust for him or something?

He's his other mistress, one of many....

I think bringing the sign to the game is like trying to warm the ocean by pissing in it...Everyone is aware of how bad the team is this year and Muss will get fired. Have you ever fired anyone? Do you think you bring in signs or wear bags on your head to work the day you are going to can someone? Show some respect for another person and let the process play out without adding injury to him or his family.

Honestly, does anyone think on this page that if he had some magical way to win those games he would not have done it because he wanted the team to lose? I could see shaming someone who was trying to damage the school intentionally, but I'm one that believes he had a plan for success and he didn't manage it well and we have the result we have. Not because of bad intentions, but because of his inability to execute the plan effectively. So, no need to pile on when the end is near...my 2 cents and flame away if need be.

He's his other mistress, one of many....

I think you have been accused of being his other mistress for being too supportive so I am in good company.

I am not supporting Muss at all as a football coach. I am just talking about what I view as the right way to do things. I have been a fan since I was in grade school, am a football letterwinner, a Champions Club member and a season ticket holder even though I live 300 miles away. I am pretty invested in the program and will let my voice be heard, just not in a way that I think is classless.

I am sure Smokey won't be bringing a sign to the game either.

• Upvote 1

I think you have been accused of being his other mistress for being too supportive so I am in good company.

I am not supporting Muss at all as a football coach. I am just talking about what I view as the right way to do things. I have been a fan since I was in grade school, am a football letterwinner, a Champions Club member and a season ticket holder even though I live 300 miles away. I am pretty invested in the program and will let my voice be heard, just not in a way that I think is classless.

I am sure Smokey won't be bringing a sign to the game either.

I never go to football games. I have never really cared for the sport. Some people do not have the ability for their voices to be heard as you do. So they try and make their voices and displeasure heard the only way they can. I will argue for other's right to speak even if I do not agree with them. So you feel that he should not be allowed to have his voice heard as you do? Furthermore, you seem to be saying that you and yours have been pushing for Muss's departure behind the scenes. What about his family then? At least he is being upfront and not trying to do it backdoor style of being a power that be. He does not have the ability to do what you are doing on the sneak, lack of better definition, and you feel his voice should not be heard? Only you and yours should be? I know this is pushing the envelope of motives and ability and is not a personal attack on you. It is just another way to look at the big picture. You both seem to have the same goal. To say doing it backdoor style is any better than an upfront complaint is pushing the ethical and moral envelope a bit.

If you were honest with yourself, you would realize that if that was a relative of yours, you would not espouse the same philosophy. If someone came to your place of work with a "fire ___" sign, would that be o.k.? Yes, it is a different business, but these matters are best handled internally, and the lack of fan support already speaks volumes for those decision makers.

I think bringing the sign to the game is like trying to warm the ocean by pissing in it...Everyone is aware of how bad the team is this year and Muss will get fired. Have you ever fired anyone? Do you think you bring in signs or wear bags on your head to work the day you are going to can someone? Show some respect for another person and let the process play out without adding injury to him or his family.

Honestly, does anyone think on this page that if he had some magical way to win those games he would not have done it because he wanted the team to lose? I could see shaming someone who was trying to damage the school intentionally, but I'm one that believes he had a plan for success and he didn't manage it well and we have the result we have. Not because of bad intentions, but because of his inability to execute the plan effectively. So, no need to pile on when the end is near...my 2 cents and flame away if need be.

Agreed, and I think we all work, or have worked with people that don't "execute" properly on a day to day basis, but because they aren't toxic we can respect their shortcomings.

I never go to football games. I have never really cared for the sport. Some people do not have the ability for their voices to be heard as you do. So they try and make their voices and displeasure heard the only way they can. I will argue for other's right to speak even if I do not agree with them. So you feel that he should not be allowed to have his voice heard as you do? Furthermore, you seem to be saying that you and yours have been pushing for Muss's departure behind the scenes. What about his family then? At least he is being upfront and not trying to do it backdoor style of being a power that be. He does not have the ability to do what you are doing on the sneak, lack of better definition, and you feel his voice should not be heard? Only you and yours should be? I know this is pushing the envelope of motives and ability and is not a personal attack on you. It is just another way to look at the big picture. You both seem to have the same goal. To say doing it backdoor style is any better than an upfront complaint is pushing the ethical and moral envelope a bit.

I don't have any more inside pull than anybody else but am trying to say I am very invested emotionally in the team. I have talked to Faison for about 3 minutes once while we were at the same table while he ate his dinner. He wouldn't know me if I bit him.

If you look back at my earlier replies I agreed that since this is America you can do what you want to...........and I have a right to say what I think about those actions. I just see it as trying to embarrass a guy who is trying to do his best and what he thinks is right. Public humiliation shoudn't be a tactic in my opinion. I don't see how he can be retained after this season but if you want to say that there is a right and wrong way to go about it.

If you never go to football games and don't care for the sport - it sounds like you are really just trolling to get a rise out of people.

• Upvote 1

Anyone can contact the AD by phone or e-mail or even walk up and speak to him at many of the events he's at. That is not limited to donors, former players, etc and it may actually lead to some change or at least provides actual input. Bringing a sign like that to a game is not done to make your voice heard (and it won't have any effect), it is a "look at me, I need attention" move.

If you never go to football games and don't care for the sport - it sounds like you are really just trolling to get a rise out of people.

Starting to feel a lot like someone who's appeared with multiple user names and worn out his welcome each time.

• Upvote 1

I don't have any more inside pull than anybody else but am trying to say I am very invested emotionally in the team. I have talked to Faison for about 3 minutes once while we were at the same table while he ate his dinner. He wouldn't know me if I bit him.

If you look back at my earlier replies I agreed that since this is America you can do what you want to...........and I have a right to say what I think about those actions. I just see it as trying to embarrass a guy who is trying to do his best and what he thinks is right. Public humiliation shoudn't be a tactic in my opinion. I don't see how he can be retained after this season but if you want to say that there is a right and wrong way to go about it.

Neither way is right or wrong. I really doubt hat Muss would be embarrassed by such a sign. He knows that it is part of the job. Of course you have the right to say what you think about signs. Which I would argue for in the same way that I am arguing for his right to display a sign. I know this is not your comment but I really do not think it is for attention and look at me. They are just feed up and disgusted and feel this is their only way to vent.

They are just feed up and disgusted and feel this is their only way to vent.

You keep saying that but it isn't true. Brian Faison's e-mail address and phone number are publicly available. He is also very approachable at many of the events he attends.

You keep saying that but it isn't true. Brian Faison's e-mail address and phone number are publicly available. He is also very approachable at many of the events he attends.

Maybe they feel that they are not important enough for their concerns to be heard and this is their only outlet. Though from the couple of times I talked with Faison I feel he is one AD who really would listen to the little guy and not blow them off. The sign holder seems to be more willingly to state his feelings publicly than others. If this is how he feels cut him some slack. He is letting you vent in your way. Be courteous and allow him the same. It only takes one person to start a revolution.

I see nothing wrong with a sign like that, but it's totally unnecessary. I'm sure his family, along with everyone else knows he's gone after the season. At least with the sign, you're singling out the problem as opposed to booing the entire team.

too busy sitting by the pool in AZ, perhaps? How did that one go about Turgeon's aunt?

I originally posted the "Fire Muss: sign idea in jest. Had no idea that it would spark so much controversy!! :) I agree that it would be a dumb idea and probably wouldn't serve much purpose. The chances of him getting fired are pretty great. Not sure putting the words on a sign of what the vast majority of fans in the crowd are thinking is really gonna matter.

I originally posted the "Fire Muss: sign idea in jest. Had no idea that it would spark so much controversy!! :) I agree that it would be a dumb idea and probably wouldn't serve much purpose. The chances of him getting fired are pretty great. Not sure putting the words on a sign of what the vast majority of fans in the crowd are thinking is really gonna matter.

thank you

The backlash against it has been silly.

Holding a sign like that is nothing more than a form of protest. An attempt to show the public the protester feels something is amiss and is an attempt to draw more publicity to it. I don't have a problem with such action. I suspect those lashing out against it would simply rather not have any additional public embarrassment than the team already has. And make no mistake, it is a public embarrassment for the fanbase to bring signs asking for the coach to be fired.