SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

You should care. It is where the attitude, accountability and discipline starts and ends. Quite clear that has been a big part of the problem has been this year. At least the coaches are sending a message that even if the results are terrible, that doesn't mean you get to goof around and get a free pass. The last thing this program needs right now is players to figure that it doesn't matter and we start seeing a rash of off-field problems.

Good points. I guess the point I was making was that the results on the field and the behavior on the sidelines pretty much confirm that what needs to happen in the locker room isn't happening.

• Upvote 1

I guess you can look at the amount of personal fouls and dumb penalties this team has taken this year as an example of what isn't happening: The players need to be held accountable for their actions.... Coaches? Captains? ANYONE?? I'm not quite sure which game it was (possibly Montana), but I recall Jake Miller getting a personal foul for pushing someone well after the play. The very next play, Miller was still in the game and got the ball!?! What example does that set? The poor leadership has seemed to rub off of the coaches and on to the players. What happened to coaches benching guys for personal fouls? Or making them run until they puke after practice for it? (I have no idea if Muss does discipline guys at practice or not but it certainly doesn't seem to work if he does).

Fire under Mussman finally, and the best quote I ever heard from him....

"I called them a bunch of divas....Every position!"

Haha

I guess when you are constantly running your fingers thru your hair like a 15 year old girl on the sidelines every game....

Not saying...just saying...

Losing to Sioux Falls in 2009 was horrible, and then going 3-8 the next season should've been the final straw. Mussman should've never gotten an opportunity to go 8-3 in 2011 and get an extension after. He hasn't proved anything in my opinion. Absolutely nothing. Only moral victories of Mussmans tenure (38 pts to Texas Tech, close games vs Northern Illinois and Fresno State) are the highlight. After 5 years, that doesn't cut it anymore.

I fully agree and said so at the time - our going 8-3 and winning a couple of games we probably should have lost really has hurt our team in the long run. The coaching was very concerning even in the 8-3 year.

I fully agree and said so at the time - our going 8-3 and winning a couple of games we probably should have lost really has hurt our team in the long run. The coaching was very concerning even in the 8-3 year.

The 8 teams we beat were:

16-0 over non scholy Drake

53-19 over Black Hills State

26-20 at SUU (good win)

42-9 over Montana Western

27-25 at Northern Colorado

15-13 vs Sioux Falls (RED FLAG!!!!)

14-7 @ UC Davis

38-37 vs USD to win a share of the title

The bolded game should have forewarned us of trouble on the horizon. When you beat a DII team at home by 2 after they beat you 2 years prior (plus UND trailed 13-7 at halftime to USF) that should say something about the coaching.

• Upvote 1

Who the heck cares what is going on in the locker room? Whatever it is, it isn't helping us win. I don't need to know what is going on in the freaking locker room; what has been going on in public on the field of play has been bad enough. What will it take for you to acknowledge that this regime has failed and will continue failing until Faison puts it out of its misery? More 50 point losses? More "Dancing with the Stars" tryouts on our sideline? Home attendance that could fit inside REA's Olympic Practice Arena? Please enlighten us, I would love to know. ???

Where is the freaking accountability with some of our fans? This kind of garbage should never be tolerated at the University of North Dakota. Mr. Faison, the next move is yours. Don't screw it up. :glare:

My bad, guess I'm the only one here that isn't smarter than Faison. Thanks for all I've learned here including:

- Losing teams have no hope of recruiting their way out of a bad season.

- If your team is having a losing season it's okay to bash them insistently in public forums

- If you see something on the sidelines it's proof the coach has lost control of the team

- If a coaching staff isn't jumping up and down on the sidelines it's proof they are bad coaches.

- It's okay to call out individual student athletes and write about how bad they are in a public forum

- Negativism, criticism, jokes poking fun at the team, sarcasm are all acceptable ways of showing you really care about your team

- The administration at UND has no clue they need the guidance of chat rooms to see the way to a brighter future.

- True fans always have at least one foot off the bandwagon at all times

- A "Fire the Coach" thread is the best way to show that you truly care and support your team.

I could go on but you all know the list better than I do. Sorry for taking your time away from writing all those emails and leaving all those phone messages for Faison. You better also get started on your Fire Hak messages for the first time the hockey team loses two games in a row.

• Upvote 4

I guess when you are constantly running your fingers thru your hair like a 15 year old girl on the sidelines every game....

Not saying...just saying...

:lol: This. This is the type of serious insight that keeps me coming back to Siouxsports. I now better understand your appreciation of the head coach at the AC, where I would guess this hasn't been a problem for many years