SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I'd put out a feeler to Ray Purpur and see if there is a hungry young coach on the Stanford staff. Rather have someone connected to a winning program like Stanford (also nice that they are on the West Coast) than a sad sack program like Minnesota.

"Sad Sack"? You obviously don't know anything about the current Minnesota coaching staff. There are at least 2-3 coaches I would take from Minnesota over someone that knows nothing about recruiting the midwest.

UND 2.0

I'd say bring in a staff with no ties to UND; total reboot.

Well said. Everyone needs to go, including the O and D coordinators. If anyone is left, it will only be a continuation of the disaster we are looking at now. There can and will be no short term fix, we need to strip everything and start over, "brick by brick".

But, I was fully in favor of Muss getting the ax at the bye week, but now with only 4 games left, he might as well stay because nothing is going to change until next year anyway. Fire him the day after the season ends.

Well said. Everyone needs to go, including the O and D coordinators. If anyone is left, it will only be a continuation of the disaster we are looking at now. There can and will be no short term fix, we need to strip everything and start over, "brick by brick".

But, I was fully in favor of Muss getting the ax at the bye week, but now with only 4 games left, he might as well stay because nothing is going to change until next year anyway. Fire him the day after the season ends.

The longer you wait, the longer it takes to hire a new coach and staff. Do it now and if you can hire someone over the next 2 weeks then we still have a decent shot at having a good recruiting class.

The longer you wait, the longer it takes to hire a new coach and staff. Do it now and if you can hire someone over the next 2 weeks then we still have a decent shot at having a good recruiting class.

You realize all other college coaches are tied up into mid November, right? Nobody is available in the next two weeks.

• Upvote 1

You can't hire a new coach in the next 2 weeks. You have to wait for the regular season to be over so interviews can be conducted. As much as I want a new staff hired and put in place, there's really nothing gained by firing Mussman now, other than just sending a message and maybe re-energizing the players for the final 4 of this season.

I expect Mussman to be relieved of his duties the Monday after the season (November 18) and a new coach subsequently hired within the next few weeks after that. You don't want to jump at a replacement too quickly, also. Have to go though the process correctly to find the right guy.

As for the clean house view, I think kotelnicki should be retained and moved back to special teams coordinator. Who had better special teams than us when he was running them?

That's up to the incoming coach. Any new coach should have 100% control over who he has on his staff and which players remain on scholarship. Personally, I'd like to see a huge turnover in personnel both in the coaching staff and on the roster.

Couple regional games UND is use to playing....Sioux Falls lost to Winona State....that same Sioux falls that UND lost to and then had to make a last second field goal to win.....that same Winona team UND use to dominate as a D2 team with less scholarships! :(

So far gone its pathetic!

Me and my buddies couldn't do any worse....I'm officially applying. Geaux_Sioux you can be a coordinator along with und-fb-fan and sicatoka.

Go for it...you guy could have at a minimum lead this squad to a 4-7 record!

Okay I made my first call this morning. To the A D,s But of course Faison was on a conference call I did tell the secretary what the call was about left my name and phone number be interesting if he calls me back. I encourage everyone you know to make the same call to the same office