SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Well, I hope the Mussman apologists have been convinced that this regime isn't going to get it done. This is Mussman's show and it has turned into the Gong Show. In six seasons, Mussman has managed to turn a solid D-II program into a weak FCS program that couldn't beat most of our good teams from the early 2000's. He is in over his head and it's time for a change. I am with Siouxperfan7, I want it to happen NOW. I want Faison to make a statement that this type of crap will not be tolerated at the University of North Dakota. Calling a press conference on Monday morning to make an announcement about the future of the football program would send that message.

Gotta hand it to Tom Miller on the article. He broke the mold of sprinkling glitter on a turd and wrote some truth, it must have felt nice. Mussman was also pretty candid in his interview and was basically calling out Hardin for pouting and having a terrible attitude. Jackson also called out himself and the entire team for not being mature enough and said they need to be more business like.

Nothing Muss can do to save his job now and I think he knows it. Faison has to show us that he's committed to football and get rid of him right now. We just got throttled at home to an above average at best Big Sky team. When we joined this conference I was ready to wait a few years before we started contending but this is unacceptable. We're now the worst team in the Dakotas and we're looking at a matchup with UNC that could be for last place in the Big Sky.

In my opinion, if you aren't on the right track after 5-6 years, you probably picked the wrong track. If the AD doesn't do something now or by the end of the month, he is screwing the next coaching staff and will have a major failure with this recruiting class. I don't want just Muss gone, I want a new staff, to get rid of the current dysfunction.

First time ever I can honestly say that I think I've watched my last UND FB game for awhile. Won't go to NC game and not sure I'll renew my season tickets...next year there will be plenty available on gameday walk up.

It will 4-5 years before respectability is restored to this once proud program. Never thought I'd see this type of debacle after Lennon left.

• Upvote 3

I hurried back from duck hunting to watch this game because I thought UND had a chance to win...should have stayed at the blind. Muss needs to go. there is no hope with this coaching staff in general. Replacing coaches at this level usually come with a drop off in team production but I honestly don't know how we could do any worse. Time to open up the checkbook Faison.

The thing that's so bad about this is how hard it is to care anymore. If I go to the game its just to tailgate and see friends. The game will be an afterthought. And it will until a Mussman coached team blows my mind or there's someone else at the helm. Call me a bad fan but Muss coached teams have put in an awful mood too many times to fully invest in them again. Im done arguing about it, I'm just over it. It's hard to watch, harder to care.

When does UND play Washington in Seattle? When they announced that, I immediately wanted to go to this one, now no way! Change the leadership NOW so the new staff can recruit and have a few years to get UND football back on track otherwise the Huskies will hang 100 on UND.

Idaho St must be really bad if we were able to beat them..................

I didn't make it to the game, but my wife did and she said it was the same BS on the sidelines all day. Players laughing it up and basically appeared to not give a hoot that there was a football game going on...............

I didn't see too much hanky panky on the sideline... little laughing but nothing like it was...also see they took away most of the towels so they cant towel snap each other

I think it was number 35 was a pretty good. he was very into the game and could tell he wants to win...but I cant find a 35 on their roster...

Goodman looked emotionally hurt. this probably means the most to him.

Benny Boyd is good for gathering the team for a huddle and that's bout it.

Look at how muss sorrunds him self with his fellow coaches-

Kyle Meyers-One year expierence at Northland College---he shouldn't be at the FCS level already

Wes Nurse- 3 yars at Houston for "quality control" and one year at uc davis

Jason Their- 2 years at Montana western--I believe that's D2 school

Schwenzfier---WHy is he coaching RB's...he was a freaking CB/Safety when he played--0 years of experience

Cunningham- 7 years at Mankato--prolly the most experienced coach we have

Boyd--Multiple years a a D3 school

Fruend-- 0 experience at the college level before coming to UND

it may not be on all muss but its on muss to find the right guys to be his assistants!

As I walked out of the Alerus in the 3rd quarter yesterday, a lady & her husband were also leaving. She asked me if I was going home to rake leaves because they would rather rake leaves than watch that football game. I told her I already raked but I just couldn't stand to watch anymore.

Pretty sad what a UND home game has become.

Because its hard to write about UND athletics when you aren't allowed on campus.

Strangely enough, we'll see Tom Miller on UND Insider Weekly this week on Midco, from the Betty, on campus.

Put another way, you're wrong, again.

Because its hard to write about UND athletics when you aren't allowed on campus.

Thats only Bohl with McFeeley.

I saw Tom chatting with fans before, during and after the game yesterday. I'm sure he heard the same frustraitons he was writing about.