SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Season

UND Fan

The post game video is now playing on the UNDSports.com front page. Sioux were behind 16-10 and went on tear starting with a 4-point play from Schuler to tie it up at 18. The second half was the Huff and Webb show. I didn't see the first half last night, but the second half sure was entertaining.

The post game video is now playing on the UNDSports.com front page. Sioux were behind 16-10 and went on tear starting with a 4-point play from Schuler to tie it up at 18. The second half was the Huff and Webb show. I didn't see the first half last night, but the second half sure was entertaining.

I thought NJIT was going to light us up in the first half. They had a guy that outscored UND 11-10 at one point. UND shut him down in the second thought. Jones really got his group going after halftime. FT's still a huge problem.

I thought NJIT was going to light us up in the first half. They had a guy that outscored UND 11-10 at one point. UND shut him down in the second thought. Jones really got his group going after halftime. FT's still a huge problem.

I was also very concerned about getting blown out after the first 10 minutes. However, the last 30 minutes they played very good ball. I am really impressed with how they are coming along with their defense. Every time NJIT tried to penetrate it seemed like there were white jersey's everywhere.

We had every starter in double digits and Schuler had 9 off the bench. Thats the kind of balance that will win many games. Congrats to Mitchell for career point number 1000. This team is defenately moving in the right direction. Go Sioux

A quick note on the roster. It was reported on the pre-game show last night on the radio, that UND will be without the services of Spencer Goodman. He will have to yet again undergo surgery on his shoulder- same injury and will be recovering for a period of roughly 6 months. That's a bummer. I've always liked Goodman. Here's to a speedy recovery. Also, to note Lenny Antwi, hit his 1st 3 last night in a white and green uniform. Good to see him get some confidence.. here's hoping there are many more in his future.

I was also very concerned about getting blown out after the first 10 minutes. However, the last 30 minutes they played very good ball. I am really impressed with how they are coming along with their defense. Every time NJIT tried to penetrate it seemed like there were white jersey's everywhere.

We had every starter in double digits and Schuler had 9 off the bench. Thats the kind of balance that will win many games. Congrats to Mitchell for career point number 1000. This team is defenately moving in the right direction. Go Sioux

And he got point 999 and 1000 with a free throw. Congrats to Mitchell!!

A quick note on the roster. It was reported on the pre-game show last night on the radio, that UND will be without the services of Spencer Goodman. He will have to yet again undergo surgery on his shoulder- same injury and will be recovering for a period of roughly 6 months. That's a bummer. I've always liked Goodman. Here's to a speedy recovery. Also, to note Lenny Antwi, hit his 1st 3 last night in a white and green uniform. Good to see him get some confidence.. here's hoping there are many more in his future.

I honestly can't recall another situation where a UND men's basketball player missed essentially two full seasons due to injury. He's really had some bad luck.

How about Mitch Wilmer - freshman and sophomore.

O.K., maybe I just have a really, really short memory. ;) Actually, I was thinking Wilmer had played roughly the equivalent of one full season between the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons, but I could be wrong. In any event, the redshirt junior class may have some sort of record for most combined games missed due to injuries.

Another night of very good defense. We now have 6 players playing almost all of the minutes and collectively they are communicating better and better on their defense. I am liking what I am seeing from the defensive side. Still have a lot of work to do on offense. The inside is a black hole with no kick outs. I dont know how many times shots were taken on the inside with 2-3 guys on them with the wings wide open again. I beginning to think on offense the inside players are not coached to look out if they are double teamed. Way too many turnovers tonight. But all in all we are looking better. Now its time to take it to the road and get some wins. Great weekend for all Sioux sports with the womens basketball, mens hockey and mens basketball. Go Sioux

Was at the game earlier and just have to say that Huff played excellent basketball. He was aggressive but under control (for the most part). His passing and rebounding are what made him exceptional this game, with several very nice passes and tough rebounds both offensively and defensively.

Overall we had periods in the game where the offense was humming along and we were tough defensively. CSU had some good athletes that were very capable of finishing inside and I thought we did an excellent job collapsing on them. There wasn't really a point in this game that I thought CSU had control over it, and aside from the ugly finish, UND was the better team the whole game.

its tough to explain the home/away record considering that most games in gf are pretty quiet with almost no student section that playing on the road would be not much of a factor? the njit crowd was slightly better than some games (i was there) and teh chicago game (didnt get to) looked even better?

hopefully antwi keeps getting some more mins and knock down some shots to go with his good d...yes the big to take a dribble away from their opponent and do a skip pass to the open shooter for the open three.

Was at the game earlier and just have to say that Huff played excellent basketball. He was aggressive but under control (for the most part). His passing and rebounding are what made him exceptional this game, with several very nice passes and tough rebounds both offensively and defensively.

Overall we had periods in the game where the offense was humming along and we were tough defensively. CSU had some good athletes that were very capable of finishing inside and I thought we did an excellent job collapsing on them. There wasn't really a point in this game that I thought CSU had control over it, and aside from the ugly finish, UND was the better team the whole game.

Dont know that I agree with you that Huff played excellent. He was 5-16 shooting the ball and had 6 turnovers. Would not call that excellent. He did play very good defense again and is always good rebounding the ball. He did make some good passes also He continues to take shots in the paint that should be kicked out to open shooters when 2-3 guys are on him. Overall it was ok but his shots continue to be questionable at times.

its tough to explain the home/away record considering that most games in gf are pretty quiet with almost no student section that playing on the road would be not much of a factor? the njit crowd was slightly better than some games (i was there) and teh chicago game (didnt get to) looked even better?

hopefully antwi keeps getting some more mins and knock down some shots to go with his good d...yes the big to take a dribble away from their opponent and do a skip pass to the open shooter for the open three.

Would rather have Haugen shooting the ball and getting more minutes than Antwi. Antwi is shooting the ball horrible and has more turnovers than assists. Haugen is a much better shooter I believe.

Would rather have Haugen shooting the ball and getting more minutes than Antwi. Antwi is shooting the ball horrible and has more turnovers than assists. Haugen is a much better shooter I believe.

I believe the reason that Antwi is getting playing time is that when he has come off the bench in the last 5 games he has been a good defender- first and foremost. And yes his FG% for the season is nothing to write home about but since he played against Valley State- he's been fairly efficient with the shots he's taken...

VCSU- 2-4

NDSU- 0-0

Utah Valley- 1-1

NJIT- 1-2

Chi St- 1-3

Not the end of the world type stuff- as you allude to- especially recently. We have plenty of guys that can score, I believe as that young guy gains more confidence he will evolve into a more balanced scorer than say Haugen.. as I think he has the potential to hit the outside shot as he has shown just a fraction more in recent games and also, get to the basket a little bit.

I like Haugen, but this situation of Haugen needing to play more than Antwi to me is one that probably the coaches have the best information of practice and recent performances to make the best decisions.

Dont know that I agree with you that Huff played excellent. He was 5-16 shooting the ball and had 6 turnovers. Would not call that excellent. He did play very good defense again and is always good rebounding the ball. He did make some good passes also He continues to take shots in the paint that should be kicked out to open shooters when 2-3 guys are on him. Overall it was ok but his shots continue to be questionable at times.

Really, you want to have a guy that is directly underneath the basket and swing it out to a shooter? Listen our perimeter shooting has been sketchy this season at best. Yes, the reality right now is that t much of the team and especially Huff right now are not getting their close shots to go in. Don't know why, I sure wish there was an answer. But the reality is, it's a close shot and if you looked at ones that were missed in the last 2 home games-- most were not that tough of shots- they just missed them. Why would you want to increase the degree of difficulty by taking a shot farther away from the basket? The solution is for our guys to make the bunnies. Not start throwin it out every time we get close to the basket. There are times that a drive and a pass does work...and you know what I'm seeing more of that now- especially these last few games. But let's not be passing it out for passing it out sake. The reality is we have to make the bunnies...most that I've seen missed were by far the right shot and were makeable. The last thing I would ever want to do is to dissuade guys like Anderson, Webb, Huff and even Schuler from driving and taking shots. Those opportunities get the opposing team in foul trouble, and we need to do that.