SiouxSports.com Forum

Opener Attendance

bincitysioux

39 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under 10,000

• Over 10,000
    • Under 10,000

Televised game, Thursday night, coming of a 3-8 record..................

4 of the last 5 home openers have attracted over 10,000 fans............

I'll be the optimist and say more than 10k will show.................... :)

All of our home games are televised. That shouldn't make a difference. And to be fair, last year it the first home game was like a month after school started so students weren't as excited about it.

Attendance of 9300 and a 45-10 win for the Sioux.

I wonder how many people will be tuning in via FCS, website, and FSSN? I will be leaving work at 4 so I can be home and ready to get rowdy by 6 (MTN timezone)! I am excited for UND football and I live in Denver ( tons of distractions); Next year with the Big Sky TV I will be able to watch EVERY league game! I just hope people that are able to go see the games in person get excited again!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping for over 10,000 - however with our home schedule this year, an uninspired performance and things could go south in a hurry - You saw that at the end of last year with about 30 students in attendance and gone by half-time. We need to do something to get the buzz back about football. The Sioux Falls loss cost us big time in terms of attendance, enthusiasm, and pride. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. Time to get back to the Sioux Football Program that we expect.

I wonder how many people will be tuning in via FCS, website, and FSSN? I will be leaving work at 4 so I can be home and ready to get rowdy by 6 (MTN timezone)! I am excited for UND football and I live in Denver ( tons of distractions); Next year with the Big Sky TV I will be able to watch EVERY league game! I just hope people that are able to go see the games in person get excited again!!!

Put me down for this one!!!

Decided over the weekend to drive up from Missouri; predicting 9,750 and 31-21, Sioux.

I am impressed - I wish I could make a similar drive. Mine would be the better part of 2,000 miles! Thanks for your interest in the program. Hopefully, it will be contagious!

I am impressed - I wish I could make a similar drive. Mine would be the better part of 2,000 miles! Thanks for your interest in the program. Hopefully, it will be contagious!

Honestly, the primary impetus for the trip is to visit my brother-in-law, but I always try to combine these trips with a Sioux game or other sporting event. However, three friends and I are coming back for the Ice Breaker Tournament and the Sioux football game in a little over a month (already have our tickets for the Ice Breaker), where the only impetus is Sioux hockey/football! Go Sioux!

I'm hoping to see some of this kind of performance from Mr. Bradley....

Go SIOUX!!

Wow. I forget how impressive he was in JUCO.

I see a confident kid who has good pocket presence, can look off half the field, then throw back to the other and is very accurate on his deep balls. The only question is the competition and level of play. We will see.

I too hope for more of that highlight film, starting with the Drake Bulldogs on Thursday evening.

GO SIOUX!!!

I'm hoping to see some of this kind of performance from Mr. Bradley....

Go SIOUX!!

Hmm.....thats what the pistol offense is supposed to look like....interesting. With the right QB in the system it doesn't look too bad.

My guess is 9,500 fans. Should be a huge student section.....Thursday night....go to the game, then enjoy thirsty Thursday.

I'll definitely be there, I can hardly wait for football season to start! I'm predicting over 11,000 for the fist game (large student section for the fist half of the game). Next year I'm predicting tickets will be scarce for those who get caught procrastinating.

I bought my 4 season tix the other day - now I can have the ones I want for next year at the cheaper price. UND will honor this years prices for 2012 also, which is like stealing.

Attendance: 8484

Kind of disappointing number. But being a Thursday night with people working tomorrow definately put a dent in it.

But the athletic department and the Al did smarten up and put almost all of their walkup ticket sales on the west side so it looks better on TV.

Attendance: 8484

Kind of disappointing number. But being a Thursday night with people working tomorrow definately put a dent in it.

But the athletic department and the Al did smarten up and put almost all of their walkup ticket sales on the west side so it looks better on TV.

Good point, I have often wondered why that side is always so empty. Student section and that side in general looked almost full on TV. It was also really loud and it looked like the 12th man caused a couple false starts; I can't wait to see 12,500 pack in there!