13 Nebraska-Omaha vs. 4 Michigan

12 Western Michigan vs. 6 Denver

Midwest Regional (Green Bay)

15 Dartmouth vs. 2 North Dakota

10 Notre Dame vs. 7 Minnesota-Duluth

Northeast Regional (Manchester)

14 Colorado College vs. 3 Boston College

11 New Hampshire vs. 5 Miami

I agree with these brackets. Straight bracket integrity, with one switch (Denver & Miami) to avoid a first-round intraconference matchup (Miami & W. Michigan). Also, I don't think we see UND get moved to St. Louis if we have a potential St. Louis bracket that looks like this. I don't think attendance would be all that bad.

This would be perfect if they swapped Merrimack and Duluth. Makes Yale actually beat someone to get out of their region.

Here are Moy's current brackets, as of Monday morning:

East Regional (Bridgeport)

16 RIT vs. 1 Yale

9 Union vs. 8 Merrimack

West Regional (St. Louis)

13 Nebraska-Omaha vs. 4 Michigan

12 Western Michigan vs. 6 Denver

Midwest Regional (Green Bay)

15 Dartmouth vs. 2 North Dakota

10 Notre Dame vs. 7 Minnesota-Duluth

Northeast Regional (Manchester)

14 Colorado College vs. 3 Boston College

11 New Hampshire vs. 5 Miami

I agree with these brackets. Straight bracket integrity, with one switch (Denver & Miami) to avoid a first-round intraconference matchup (Miami & W. Michigan). Also, I don't think we see UND get moved to St. Louis if we have a potential St. Louis bracket that looks like this. I don't think attendance would be all that bad.

The only thing I don't like about this bracket is Denver has a good shot of making the Frozen 4 by avoiding BC, Yale, and UND...I don't want to see Mr. Belding at the X.

Seems like Moy and everyone else has UND in Green Bay. Selfishly I want them in St. Louis. With my two brothers in MO, it would be fun to get toghether with them and have all our kids cheering loudly for the Sioux.

Now being a Packer's fan, I could easily kill time in Green Bay in between game...Packer's Hall of Fame, Lambeau Field and pro shop...

I would guess the games will be held at the Resch Center, which is near Lambeau, if memory serves me correctly. I've never been in the arena, but I remember walking past it on multiple occasions on the way to Packers games.

it is the resch center...home of the green bay gamblers!!!

According to the web-site, the Resch Center holds 10,500 fans. I thought they now had to hold many more than that to host a regional.

yeah i went on their website too and it said for hockey it holds 8800...im guessing that the 10500 is for concerts?

That East Regional is unacceptable. And hopefully does not happen. Send any of those teams to any other regional and they wouldn't win a game (yes, including Yale).

It still makes no sense to me as to why Yale is the number one team in the pairwise.

yeah i went on their website too and it said for hockey it holds 8800...im guessing that the 10500 is for concerts?

Just 8800 for hockey?? And you are going to throw UND, with the best traveling fan base not playing in the own backyard, and Notre Dame plus UMD there. Place will be packed and the Scottrade Center will sit empty.

Michigan and DU have no following. I was in Denver a few years back for the West regional and the Michigan "faithful" were few and far between. UNO would bring in a few, but overall the St. Louis attendence would be awful.

That East Regional is unacceptable. And hopefully does not happen. Send any of those teams to any other regional and they wouldn't win a game (yes, including Yale).

It still makes no sense to me as to why Yale is the number one team in the pairwise.

cheer as hard as you can for colgate on friday and with a loss yale would not be the number one team after sat night.

Just 8800 for hockey?? And you are going to throw UND, with the best traveling fan base not playing in the own backyard, and Notre Dame plus UMD there. Place will be packed and the Scottrade Center will sit empty.

Michigan and DU have no following. I was in Denver a few years back for the West regional and the Michigan "faithful" were few and far between. UNO would bring in a few, but overall the St. Louis attendence would be awful.

even at the frozen four in 2008 michigan fans were few and far between.

Kohl Center was not full in 08 for UND v Wisco Regional final

http://collegehockeystats.net/0708/boxes/mndkwis1.m30

Attendance: 9816

here's an interesting scenario. there is a realistic chance BC might be shippedout west. if new hampshire loses(currently 3-1 as I type this) they could realistically fall to a four seed in the tournament and therefore BC would be sent elsewhere to avoid playing them.

here's an interesting scenario. there is a realistic chance BC might be shippedout west. if new hampshire loses(currently 3-1 as I type this) they could realistically fall to a four seed in the tournament and therefore BC would be sent elsewhere to avoid playing them.

Could. Odds are still in their favor of finishing #12, but falling is definitely highly possible.

PWR possibilities updated with all of tonight's results NCAA Tournament Field Shaping Up

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2011/03/18/number-one-seeds/

...and in Jason Moy's blog tonight he indicates that if BC gets shipped to West or Midwest it could mean UND goes out east to play New Hampshire, if they end up with a #4 seed.

I think what he is saying is that if BOTH Boston College AND Merrimack get #1 seeds we'll get sent out east if UNH is a #4 seed.

I'm hoping that UNH is a #4 seed, and Denver, Michigan or Miami get the fourth #1 seed. That would force BC to come out West (most likely St. Louis) and play CC or UNO.

I think what he is saying is that if BOTH Boston College AND Merrimack get #1 seeds we'll get sent out east if UNH is a #4 seed.

I'm hoping that UNH is a #4 seed, and Denver, Michigan or Miami get the fourth #1 seed. That would force BC to come out West (most likely St. Louis) and play CC or UNO.

As far as I can tell, as long as Miami wins, they will be the last #1 seed. Doesn't matter what BC and Merrimack do tonight. Even if Merrimack beats BC, I still have Miami ahead of them based on RPI.

I think we see straight bracket integrity with the exception of rotating some #3 seeds:

Bridgeport:

Yale vs Atlantic Hockey Champ

Union vs Notre Dame

Green Bay:

UND vs RPI

MIchigan vs UMD

St Louis:

Miami vs UNO

Merrimack vs Western Michigan

Manchester:

BC vs CC

DU vs UNH

Assuming Air Force wins its conference tournament tonight, any chance that they may face UND in the 1st round?

Or is that pretty much a no since Yale has locked up #1 overall?

Sure would be neat to see Lamoureux brothers go head to head.