SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology 2011

gfhomer

Assuming Air Force wins its conference tournament tonight, any chance that they may face UND in the 1st round?

Or is that pretty much a no since Yale has locked up #1 overall?

Sure would be neat to see Lamoureux brothers go head to head.

Anything is possible, but it is likely that Air Force would play Yale.

A few years ago the tournament committee flipped DU and CC based on the results at the X. This was clearly in violation of their formulas, but it did set a precedent. I think if UND wins and Yale loses, UND might be #1 overall. Silly equations aside, UND has had a far more impressive season and is more deserving of #1.

Dean Blais' UNO Mavericks have locked up a berth in the Shiverin' 16 thanks to Michigan beating Notre Dame

And if Dartmouth holds on to win (currently up 5-2 with 9:00 remaining in the 3rd), that plus Michigan's win should get CC in. That will leave RPI watching Cornell-Yale.

I am going for the following teams tonight:

Western Michigan (a Win will keep New Hampshire at 12(in the 3 seed band) and not 13th(in the 4 seed band).

Boston College (strictly defensive to keep Merrimack from becoming a #1 in case New Hampshire ends up at 13)

and of course - North Dakota!!

The rest I don't care about...RPI/Cornell....who cares who we play out of those two.

Western Michigan (a Win will keep New Hampshire at 12(in the 3 seed band) and not 13th(in the 4 seed band).

Boston College (strictly defensive to keep Merrimack from becoming a #1 in case New Hampshire ends up at 13)

The rest I don't care about...RPI/Cornell....who cares who we play out of those two.

As long as Miami beats Western Michigan tonight, they should be the #4 overall seed. They would get sent out east and UND and BC would host the western regional I believe.

As long as Miami beats Western Michigan tonight, they should be the #4 overall seed. They would get sent out east and UND and BC would host the western regional I believe.

Not if Merrimack would have beaten BC, then Merrimack would have had the last #1 I believe.

Doesn't matter as BC defeated Merrimack. Win and we're #2, lose and we're #3.

Predicted bracket from USCHO:

East Regional (Bridgeport, Conn.)

16 Air Force vs. 1 Yale

9 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 8 Union

Northeast Regional (Manchester, N.H.)

13 New Hampshire vs. 4 Miami

11 Notre Dame vs. 6 Merrimack

Midwest Regional (Green Bay, Wis.)

15 Rensselaer vs. 2 North Dakota

10 Western Michigan vs. 7 Denver

West Regional (St. Louis)

14 Colorado College vs. 3 Boston College

12 Nebraska-Omaha vs. 5 Michigan

I'd hate to have to face DU again in a potential regional final matchup (they're a tough team and would be out looking for revenge for tonight), but these brackets would be doable.

I think UMD could challenge Yale. The NE regional is a toss-up IMO.

The West regional is the bracket of death. If BC wants to repeat, they would have their work cut out for them there.

• Upvote 1

I'd hate to have to face DU again in a potential regional final matchup (they're a tough team and would be out looking for revenge for tonight), but these brackets would be doable.

The West regional is the bracket of death. If BC wants to repeat, they would have their work cut out for them there.

Agree totally with everything in your post. Denver does not scare me that much...I think tonight we were the better team, and will be even BETTER when Gregoire returns next week.

I agree with these brackets...One thing about facing DU again...we'll have Gregoire back!

I like this bracket. Much better than what it could have been with a loss. RPI first instead of UNH, and then potentially a young Denver team that Sioux know they can take. I think it's the best they could have hoped for.

Not to mention that West has two regional-ish teams (though CC won't travel) and BC finally has to hop a plane to play a game.