SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Bowl XLV

Oxbow6

Packers vs. Steelers...neither team was great yesterday, but I expect a great Super Bowl game.

If it's anything like last season's regular season game that was an arial shootout in which Big Ben threw a TD on the last play of the game to win it, it'll be fun to watch...just need a different outcome!

You can talk about ARog and/or Big Ben, but the game will come down to which O-line can protect their QB and establish alittle bit of a running game. It's a fast track in Dallas, just like it was in ATL for GB so IMO that's improves their odds somewhat.

I just need Dave Berger to pick the Steelers... :D

GO PACK GO!

Packers vs. Steelers...neither team was great yesterday, but I expect a great Super Bowl game.

If it's anything like last season's regular season game that was an arial shootout in which Big Ben threw a TD on the last play of the game to win it, it'll be fun to watch...just need a different outcome!

You can talk about ARog and/or Big Ben, but the game will come down to which O-line can protect their QB and establish alittle bit of a running game. It's a fast track in Dallas, just like it was in ATL for GB so IMO that's improves their odds somewhat.

I just need Dave Berger to pick the Steelers... :D

GO PACK GO!

If I watch......I am just hoping for some good beer commercials. :huh:

Packers are 2.5-point favorites over Steelers with an over/under of 46 points

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/jan/23/sports-books-declare-green-bay-packers-slight-favo/

Interesting...IMO as we get closer to the SB I see the line getting closer to a pick em game, maybe the Pack -1. But at 46 total in an indoor fast track...play the over!

I have watched all the playoff games this year - It is a toss up now - I guess I should be for the NFC - but I like Big Ben & that little guy with that last interception for aTD for GB :silly: Vikings need to go steal that Back Up QB from Chicago :D

Vikes fan, I cheer against the Packers the rest of the season, but would prefer to see them take it over the Steelers.

I suppose I could look this up, but I feel like Superbowls lately have been sleepy, defensive affairs compared to the way I remember them in the 90s. It would be kind of fun to see Green Bay give the Steelers the Atlanta treatment, but I suppose that's pretty unlikely.

Vikes fan, I cheer against the Packers the rest of the season, but would prefer to see them take it over the Steelers.

I suppose I could look this up, but I feel like Superbowls lately have been sleepy, defensive affairs compared to the way I remember them in the 90s. It would be kind of fun to see Green Bay give the Steelers the Atlanta treatment, but I suppose that's pretty unlikely.

I am almost to that point because I really dislike the Steelers too. And.......if I were in Vegas and going to put money on the game, I am not sure who I would bet on. With these two teams it really culd be quite a game and a game that does not cover the spread. I will tell you this.......the way my betting luck has been lately, I would be on the wrong side of the spread no matter what.

Boo. It bothers me when people are Twins fans, but not Vikings fans. They jumped on the bandwagon in '96 and the Vikings haven't given them reason to jump off.

ive never jumped on any bandwagon :) i cant stand the vikings for various reason and winning isnt one of them

I'm just glad I never got the option to root for the Vikings being from Wisconsin. That statement should tell you where my heart is for Sunday's game. My feelings of late have been wanting to: puke, pass out, dizziness, exuberance, fear...pretty much all of the above. Sunday will be a big relief, win or lose.

The whole "gotta be a Twins fan AND a Vikings fan" thing doesn't wash. I'm a fan of both the Twins and Vikings...does that mean I should be a gopher fan too??? :lol:

The Packers were established in 1919...the Twins moved to Minny and the Vikings were established in 1961. I'm sure a heck of a lot of people from this area were fans of the Packers long before the Vikings started here because the Packers were the most regional team. Their kids and grand kids then grow up with the same rooting interest. Why would they switch because a new team comes to town? I'm from ND, born & raised a Sioux fan, and a UND alum. I sure as heck ain't gonna encourage my kids to be gopher fans because I now live near the TC metro!!! ;)

My feelings of late have been wanting to: puke, pass out, dizziness, exuberance, fear...pretty much all of the above.

Are you sure you're not pregnant? :D

Ya Ya I know you're a guy.

Seriously though, I remember sweating out the Super Bowl weeks back when the Vikings actually made it to Super Bowls, what a relief when it actually kicked off (although it never ended well for me).

Looks like a really good SB on paper, a close game that could be decided on a great play or a huge mistake, should be entertaining to watch.

Good luck Big A, Oxbow, and other Packer fans.

Heard interesting stat while running some errands this AM. 55% of all Steelers running plays so far this year have been between the center/guard gaps. With Steeler's center Pouncey officially ruled out...advantage Packers! (I hope)

GO PACK GO!

Heard interesting stat while running some errands this AM. 55% of all Steelers running plays so far this year have been between the center/guard gaps. With Steeler's center Pouncey officially ruled out...advantage Packers! (I hope)

GO PACK GO!

I dunno.

I'd still run the ball if I were Pittsburgh.

Right now here's how I'd put it:

Run Game: Advantage Pittsburgh

Pass Game: Advantage GB

Pass D: Push

Run D: Advantage Pittsburgh

Everyone's high on GB's D but I'm not even if I am a Pack fan. They give up a TON of yards...especially in the 4th Quarter. This bend not break D doesn't work when they firm up once the opponent gets into field goal range. You firm up outside of field goal range to prevent points.