SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Bowl XLV

Oxbow6

I dunno.

I'd still run the ball if I were Pittsburgh.

Right now here's how I'd put it:

Run Game: Advantage Pittsburgh

Pass Game: Advantage GB

Pass D: Push

Run D: Advantage Pittsburgh

Everyone's high on GB's D but I'm not even if I am a Pack fan. They give up a TON of yards...especially in the 4th Quarter. This bend not break D doesn't work when they firm up once the opponent gets into field goal range. You firm up outside of field goal range to prevent points.

All good points, but Packers still win! :D

Current line is Packers -2 with under/over at 45.

Still baffles me how the Steelers are the betting line 'dog.

IMO I can't see how the game doesn't go over. Think it's going to be a shootout.

The whole "gotta be a Twins fan AND a Vikings fan" thing doesn't wash. I'm a fan of both the Twins and Vikings...does that mean I should be a gopher fan too??? :lol:

The Packers were established in 1919...the Twins moved to Minny and the Vikings were established in 1961. I'm sure a heck of a lot of people from this area were fans of the Packers long before the Vikings started here because the Packers were the most regional team. Their kids and grand kids then grow up with the same rooting interest. Why would they switch because a new team comes to town? I'm from ND, born & raised a Sioux fan, and a UND alum. I sure as heck ain't gonna encourage my kids to be gopher fans because I now live near the TC metro!!! ;)

Yeah it does, when it comes to pro sports it does wash out. College is a whole different ball game. I'd say the basically every Packer fan I know wasn't raised a Packer fan by there parents, so that argument doesn't work.

But I'm a type of person that expects a person to show respect to their home teams. Being born and raised in Grand Forks, I expect people in Grand Forks to cheer for UND, not the Gophers. So thats a whole different argument, but it blows my mind when I have met kids who are Gopher fans from GF.

Gameday! Excited, nervous and just plain ready for kickoff.

My heart will only stop racing when I hear the words, as only Wayne Larrivee can call it, "and there is your Super Bowl 45 dagger!!!"

GO PACK GO!

Yeah it does, when it comes to pro sports it does wash out. College is a whole different ball game. I'd say the basically every Packer fan I know wasn't raised a Packer fan by there parents, so that argument doesn't work.

But I'm a type of person that expects a person to show respect to their home teams. Being born and raised in Grand Forks, I expect people in Grand Forks to cheer for UND, not the Gophers. So thats a whole different argument, but it blows my mind when I have met kids who are Gopher fans from GF.

but how about the twin cities kids who come to GF & play for the Sioux?

Just got back from the future, hate to spoil the game for you all but the Steelers win tonight.

Ummmmm...my wife is from WI and the biggest Packer fan in our house. When you were in the future and given what you know, I assume then I won't be getting a post (celebratory) SB action?!?! :sad:

Super Bowl Champions...the Green Bay Packers!! Has an awesome ring to it.

Doing laundry now as my 2 daughters wanted their jerseys spotless and clean to wear to school tomorrow! Got to get the face paint, pizza and pop stains out from tonight's festivities. ;)

GO PACK GO!

Spot on prediction. I heard it!

Not a fan of Green Bay or Pittsburgh but Green Bay was lucky to escape with the win. For most of the 2nd half Aaron Rodgers was missing and didn't look like the qb packers fans think he is. The steelers field goal miss didn't really help them either.

My love for the Vikes requires me to not congratulate them.

Not a fan of Green Bay or Pittsburgh but Green Bay was lucky to escape with the win. For most of the 2nd half Aaron Rodgers was missing and didn't look like the qb packers fans think he is. The steelers field goal miss didn't really help them either.

What game were you watching? ARog was by far the best player on the field. The Packer's WRs dropped 5 balls. James Jones dropped a sure TD (again!!!)...2 other drops were on critical 3rd down plays.

The missed FG was poorly kicked, but last time I checked it was 52 yards out...not a chip shot.

ARog's stats in 4 playoff games...ALL on the road: 68% completion rate, 9 TDs w 2 INTs and he ran for 2 more TDs. His QB rating was 110.0 in those 4 games. You are right, he is not the QB us Packer fans think he is...he's better! :ohmy::D

Least you Viking tools got Joe Webb! :(

What game were you watching? ARog was by far the best player on the field. The Packer's WRs dropped 5 balls. James Jones dropped a sure TD (again!!!)...2 other drops were on critical 3rd down plays.

The missed FG was poorly kicked, but last time I checked it was 52 yards out...not a chip shot.

ARog's stats in 4 playoff games...ALL on the road: 68% completion rate, 9 TDs w 2 INTs and he ran for 2 more. QB rating of 110.0 in those 4 games. You are right, he is not the QB us Packer fans think...he's better!

Least you Viking tools got Joe Webb!

Oxbow. I respect you but come on. Even Troy Ackman said Arodgers was off in most of the 2nd half. I agree the receivers did drop some balls. This was not Arods best game that is for sure. And yes I do feel given a bit more time the steelers would have won the game and the packers just escaped. Remember a TD would have won the game for the steelers. The field goal should have been made. Chip shot, certainly not. Indoors and a pro kicker in the superbowl it should have been good.

Being a Vikings tool. Sure.

Oh and to make your day even brighter I still think the Vikes beat the Pack the first time we played them this year. I am still not sure how that Quarless touchdown was called a touchdown. Any way thought you might like that. Let the ripping begin.

Oxbow. I respect you but come on. Even Troy Ackman said Arodgers was off in most of the 2nd half. I agree the receivers did drop some balls. This was not Arods best game that is for sure. And yes I do feel given a bit more time the steelers would have won the game and the packers just escaped. Remember a TD would have won the game for the steelers. The field goal should have been made. Chip shot, certainly not. Indoors and a pro kicker in the superbowl it should have been good.

Being a Vikings tool. Sure.

He was 24-39 for 304 and 3 TDs! Granted he was 1-5 to start but "come on, man!"

Mike and Mike and Trent Dilfer ALL on ESPN radio said this am that it will go down as one of the BEST SB QB performances EVER when you take into account the drops, the defense he went up against, losing Driver mid 1st half...

But I'll go with your brillant FB mind! ;)

Mike and Mike and Trent Dilfer ALL said this am that it will go down as one of the BEST SB QB performances EVER when you take into account the drops, the defense he went up against, losing Driver mid 1st half...

Em I bitter GreenBay won. Oh yeah. Just trying to have a little fun with you. But be honest. During the last drive and much of the 2nd half you were worried. I watched the steady parade of injured packers walk to the tunnel. I thought for sure you were doomed.

Em I bitter GreenBay won. Oh yeah. Just trying to have a little fun with you. But be honest. During the last drive and much of the 2nd half you were worried. I watched the steady parade of injured packers walk to the tunnel. I thought for sure you were doomed.

NEVER....ummmm, yes. ??? A lot actually...

Mike and Mike and Trent Dilfer ALL on ESPN radio said this am that it will go down as one of the BEST SB QB performances EVER when you take into account the drops, the defense he went up against, losing Driver mid 1st half...

Hold the phone. I may be giving you some ribbing but that is not the best SB performance. I can't believe some one said that. I can personally think of at least 3 better performances and I am sure others can too. Sorry I may have been being goofy with you but that statement is just not correct.In re- reading this on my phone I did not read" the one of the best". Ok. I can cut mike and mike and dilfer some slack.

Anyways I am happy for you your team won. Go Vikes in 2011

i was definitely getting a little nervous after woodson and driver went down and jordy nelson kept dropping balls but the cool thing about rodgers was that he never got pissed he just kept going back to nelson and eventually it worked out. the steelers just looked out of it from the beginning, i think they thought that they were going to go into the game and steam roll this packers squad. big ben just looked fat and out of shape as did james harrison. mendenhall and randle el looked like the only two players who gave it their all. all and all great game and the better team won!