SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Bowl XLV

Oxbow6

NEVER....ummmm, yes. ??? A lot actually...

Already talking crap? Wow. I thought you'd show a little class when it came to the Packers win. And yes they barely one. Pitt over and over again in the second half had chances to take the lead. Thankfully for you and fanbase another stupid Steelers late hit killed the potential for a drive. Big Ben starting on the 35 or whatever, that drive would have been completely different.

• Upvote 1

i was definitely getting a little nervous after woodson and driver went down and jordy nelson kept dropping balls but the cool thing about rodgers was that he never got pissed he just kept going back to nelson and eventually it worked out. the steelers just looked out of it from the beginning, i think they thought that they were going to go into the game and steam roll this packers squad. big ben just looked fat and out of shape as did james harrison. mendenhall and randle el looked like the only two players who gave it their all. all and all great game and the better team won!

Did you watch the game in the 2nd half? Steelers would completely the better team. They did get into the game and controlled it. If it wasn't for Mendenhalls fumble, Big Ben would be celebrating another title and raped a couple ladies to celebrate.

Rodgers quietly put up a solid game, there is no possible way you can tell me its even in the top ten of Super Bowl performances. He though hes a class act and would love to him have in our organization.

Young, Montana, Montana, Brady, Brady, Manning, Rice, Smith, Brown, Lewis, Elway, the list goes on and on.

• Downvote 1

Did you watch the game in the 2nd half? Steelers would completely the better team. They did get into the game and controlled it. If it wasn't for Mendenhalls fumble, Big Ben would be celebrating another title and raped a couple ladies to celebrate.

Rodgers quietly put up a solid game, there is no possible way you can tell me its even in the top ten of Super Bowl performances. He though hes a class act and would love to him have in our organization.

Young, Montana, Montana, Brady, Brady, Manning, Rice, Smith, Brown, Lewis, Elway, the list goes on and on.

steelers were the better team? hmmmmm....beg to differ my friend. the steelers defense at times looked slow anc confused, where was polomalu or harrison? big ben was way out of sink in the 2nd half it was unreal....over throwing balls to players "that cant be over thrown", under thrown balls...the list could go on and on....speaking of that, where was hines ward? you can have your opinion that the steelers were the better team but in reality we all know the better team won! just think how deep the pack will be next year (if there is an nfl) when their number one starters come back! their 2nd and 3rd stringers will be super bowl experienced!

• Downvote 1

Try not to be so butthurt.

Rodgers had a 400+ yard passing game if not for those drops. You're not going to make every completion in a football game, but if you actually look at the throws he makes, there's no denying he will be one of the great one's when it's all said and done. So many of those throws he makes look easy that other QB's simply cannot do, like that first TD to Greg Jennings. He throws accurate lasers. He didn't have the best second half, but he was playing the league's #1 defense (#1 scoring defense and #1 defense when it comes to QB ratings). Keep in mind that he did all this without Driver for half the game AND with no running game. The Steelers knew the Packers offense would be one dimensional via the passing game, so they had two weeks to gameplan on how to stop Rodgers, but couldn't. Like I said, he didn't have the best second half, but played great when he needed to, and that's what really counts. On a side note, he made Troy Polamalu (the DPOY) look silly the entire game, and that was ALL Rodgers. (Side note: Troy Aikman was grinding his teeth every time he had to even try to complement during the Packers playoff run, even during Aaron's game against Atlanta...that guy doesn't care for Rodgers/Packers at all, so take his comments with a grain of salt...especially when virtually every other current/former NFL QB gives Rodgers his credit when/where it's due)

I agree that Rodgers' performance wasn't the best QB performance in a Super Bowl, but it was still a great game by him and will go down as such. Also, to be fair, no Packer-related individual made these claims about Rodgers having the best Super Bowl performance ever...but it was Steve Young (who?) and Trent Dilfer (what a hack). To say anything else is purely being a homer.

The only people that think he's overrated are Viking fans, so go figure. Maybe one day you'll be able to see your team play in another Super Bowl and if you're lucky enough, you might see 'em win it. But, until then, spare your criticisms. It's very comical to see Sioux fans who are also Vikings fans comment about Gophers fans, because every Sioux fan I know that likes the Vikings acts EXACTLY like a homer Gopher fan when he/she is talking football.

Packers: 4 time Super Bowl champions; 5 time NFC champions; 13 time World Champions

Vikings: 0 time Super Bowl champions; 4 time NFC champions; 1 time World Champions

[Lions: 0 time Super Bowl champions; 0 time NFC champions; 4 time World Champions]

Vikings Super Bowl rings:

handcuffs.jpg

The only people that think he's overrated are Viking fans, so go figure. Maybe one day you'll be able to see your team play in another Super Bowl and if you're lucky enough, you might see 'em win it. But, until then, spare your criticisms. It's very comical to see Sioux fans who are also Vikings fans comment about Gophers fans, because every Sioux fan I know that likes the Vikings acts EXACTLY like a homer Gopher fan when he/she is talking football.

Well said.

Let's face it...the Vikings are looking at a 3rd or 4th place finish in the NFC North for years to come. No QB, aging defense that was grossly overrated the last couple years and poor ownership. Least Chilly is out of the picture...he was worth at least a 3 point swing for the opposition every game.

Green Bay has the potential to do what the Steelers have done as of late...getting to 3 SB in the last 6 years.

The only people that think he's overrated are Viking fans, so go figure.

I know you didn't say ALL Vikings fans, and you can count me as one who certainly doesn't think Rodgers is overrated. Packers fans are extremely lucky to have him. How many teams are able to replace a legend QB and not miss a beat, let alone win a SB just a few years later? Ask Miami, Denver, Buffalo...the list goes on.

Vikings fans who think Rodgers is overrated are, in my mind, simply wishing they had what the Packers have at QB. Seriously...how many Vikings fans (myself included) didn't like Favre when he was a Packer, but loved him once he started winning games for the Vikings?

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get Rodgers when he's 39 and has one good year left in him! :lol:

I know you didn't say ALL Vikings fans, and you can count me as one who certainly doesn't think Rodgers is overrated. Packers fans are extremely lucky to have him. How many teams are able to replace a legend QB and not miss a beat, let alone win a SB just a few years later? Ask Miami, Denver, Buffalo...the list goes on.

Vikings fans who think Rodgers is overrated are, in my mind, simply wishing they had what the Packers have at QB. Seriously...how many Vikings fans (myself included) didn't like Favre when he was a Packer, but loved him once he started winning games for the Vikings?

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get Rodgers when he's 39 and has one good year left in him! :lol:

Vikes fan here, who actually like Rodgers. And to think, in the 2005 draft, Rodgers goes 24th to the Pack, with the Vikes (thanks to Chilly and others) picking Williamson and James before him--neither of whom are even playing in the NFL now. Hell, I don't think any of the Vikes 05 picks are playing for anyone. What a jock, and very frustrating!!

First off, I do think there was a bit of luck in GB's win. Yeah, the first half was great but...

In the squeakers GB has won in this past postseason: The Bears, Eagles, and Steelers.... each win relied upon a significant mistake being made by the home team in the second half. The Raji interception vs. Chicago... the Mendenhall Fumble... and for some reason I can't remember the specific play vs. the Eagles (Vick INT?) all made it possible for the Pack to win it all.

Only the game vs. Atlanta did GB put on 4 quarters of domination. In all others, each second half was pretty bad.

Was ARodg the culprit in the second half vs. the Steelers? I'd say 20% was. I'd say about 65% were the WRs and 15% their lackadaisical bend but don't break defense. I don't like the idea of simply giving the opposition basically from their goal line to the defense's 40 yard line or so almost free. I didn't like the fact that at one point, the only categories GB was superior to PIT were points and turnover ratio/ points off of turnovers. True, the only thing that matters is points in the super bowl, but you cannot claim dominance as the reason why GB won.

Secondly: CAS.... 2005 draft was Tice's last draft. Williamson was Tice's F-U to the Purple. Sure, I was impressed with Williamson's speed and his story but anyone could have told you that there were big signs that Williamson wasn't going to be the guy that the Vikings wanted him to be. He had no hands and had no ability to learn the routes. Those two things are SLIGHTLY important if you are to be a deep threat WR, which the Vikings drafted him to be...

Third, the Vikings don't have exactly poor ownership. They have clueless ownership who run it like a family business and not like a break neck hardcore sport. When most high stakes business have a boss who isn't or can't hack it, they may try a few intervention measures but will cut the cord if it just doesn't work. The Wilfs have a disasterous system to talk it through and sort of coach out their problems with the head coach. That's dumb if they truly want to be competitive every year or simply fall flat on their faces a year after being dominant despite basically bringing the same team to the field in consecutive years. Then again, that dominant team won despite Chilly rather than because of him. They also have morons surrounding them coaching them on football decisions. They need a dedicated GM with freedom to build the team and the coaching staff. Frasier is a good transition coach but he's not going to take the team deep into the playoffs... at least not with a respectable time span. This Vikings team has almost nothing left of it. For those who think Webb will stick at QB, I've got a great opportunity for you all with some PRIME agricultural real estate in Death Valley.... He has potential to be a good Antoine Randle El or Jason Smith (NY Jets) style guy who can run trick plays and the Wildcat but that's about it.

If the Vikings don't go after a QB with their first pick overall, I'm going to hope they're going to tank it (if the season exists) to get Andrew Luck.