SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MSU

AZSIOUX

Maybe this shouldn't be in SIOUX @ MSU, but I'll bite anyway...

Before Gregoire went out, I had the early departure percentages as follows:

Gregoire (currently a junior): 40%

Blood (junior): 30%

Eidsness (junior): <5%

MacWiliiam (sophomore): 20%

Kristo (sophomore): <5%

Forbort (freshman): 20%

Gregoire's injury certainly diminishes the chance that he'd give up his final year of eligibility, but it's still a possibility.

Anyone else I'm missing? Any thoughts?

Dave

I'd put Brock Nelson in the list at least. I don't think he is a very legitimate threat to leave, but he was a first rounder, and he was also drafted by the Isles. I'd say probably around the 5% range.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO we, as fans, are in the midst of watching something special. I know people will say Toews, Parise or Oshie as of late were arguably better, but this kids has a laser shot, can skate with anyone and is physical and strong as any forward we've had in awhile.

I enjoy watching him a much as anyone I've watched in a UND sweater!

I can see Toronto playing him as soon as the NCAA tourney is over for the Sioux (that being in April)...

Maybe this shouldn't be in SIOUX @ MSU, but I'll bite anyway...

Before Gregoire went out, I had the early departure percentages as follows:

Gregoire (currently a junior): 40%

Blood (junior): 30%

Eidsness (junior): <5%

MacWiliiam (sophomore): 20%

Kristo (sophomore): <5%

Forbort (freshman): 20%

Gregoire's injury certainly diminishes the chance that he'd give up his final year of eligibility, but it's still a possibility.

Anyone else I'm missing? Any thoughts?

Dave

Forbort won't be here long that kid is awesome. JMHO...

I wouldn't be suprised either. I was suprised by how short Gregoire is though. I spoke breifly with him in the hall last night and he is NOT a large person. He did say that he was going to try and start skating again this week if his head clears.

Is it confirmed that he has a concussion then? Or did he not specify?

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Genoway situation from last year... :(

Unless Toronto gets into the playoffs, it won't happen. UND plays their last game on April 9th, same day Toronto plays their last game. :)

Yeah I am hoping Toronto tanks this season as well as the Boston Bruins get their top pick again this season for trading Kessel.

I don't want to jinx the team... I am enjoying the Leafs not being good this season.

I think if Eidsness doesn't see the net much this year he'll probably be gone. Kind of like a Jeff Frazee situation. Drafted decently high, won't get much time in the net, probably better off trying to move his career in a positive direction instead of waiting on the bench.

I still can't believe Jeff Frazee was as highly touted as he was.....talk about a guy who was all over the place and God awful.....Kangas looked like the savior in the gopher net after Frazee was the starter....and Kangas is a shaky at best goaltender.

I'd put Kristo tops on my list. It's not because he's tearing the place up, but because it's the exact opposite. As good as he's been, from the first game I saw him, he seeemed like not your typical North Dakota player. I'm not saying he's ready to move on, nor should he move on, but it's something I have felt through a lot of this season. I hope he stays all four years, because he's a heck of a player when he's getting the bounces.

I think Gregoire stays all four. I think he's sold on the team commitment and knows the pros will be there when he's done. I think he has a lot left to prove and next year, after a summer of packing on the meat, he could become a beast like Frattin. Remember, Frattin was good, but was never consistent at lighting the lamp until this year, a lot like Gregoire at the moment.

Blood has a chance, but he seems like a guy who wants to be at school, but having never met the guy, I can't say anything for sure.

MacWilliam will most definitely be here next year, but can't say that he'll be there after that.

Eidsness may move on if his playing time remains limited, like others have mentioned.

The only guys I'm confident won't be here next year are Genoway, Frattin, Malone, Trupp, LaPoint, Marto, and Davidson...but I hope they all stay. ;)

I'd like to see Nelson start picking up his point production. You can tell he's a good one, but Rodwell has outplayed him substantially to this point, and no one would have guessed that. An NHL first round forward pick typically needs little time to start finding a groove. I'm not saying he needs to be a world beater, but 1 goal and 4 assists is a bit disappointing. I was kind of hoping for a 5 goal, 6-7 assist type first half of the year, and finishing around 25 points. Guys like Kristo and Gregoire weren't drafted as high and both put up more than 25 points their rookie campaigns. I know draft status isn't everything, and everyone is different, but I think it's time for him to take it up a notch. He did come straight out of high school, which is a big difference, but I think there is a lot to see with him yet.

The thing that blows me away about Frattin is that, not only does he have 15 goals already, but he has 15 goals while playing the toughest schedule in college hockey. I can't imagine his total if we played some cupcake teams in there.

He's got a number of crossbars to boot. He could easily have around 18-19 goals.

I'd like to see Nelson start picking up his point production. You can tell he's a good one, but Rodwell has outplayed him substantially to this point, and no one would have guessed that. An NHL first round forward pick typically needs little time to start finding a groove. I'm not saying he needs to be a world beater, but 1 goal and 4 assists is a bit disappointing. I was kind of hoping for a 5 goal, 6-7 assist type first half of the year, and finishing around 25 points. Guys like Kristo and Gregoire weren't drafted as high and both put up more than 25 points their rookie campaigns. I know draft status isn't everything, and everyone is different, but I think it's time for him to take it up a notch. He did come straight out of high school, which is a big difference, but I think there is a lot to see with him yet.

Nelson is struggling because of one thing...strength. There isn't much to his frame. This past weekend, especially Sat., was the first time I saw him actually get in there and mix it up consistantly. Problem is he was always picking himself up off the ice. He needs to add bulk and strength before he'll make a big impact in college much less at the pro level. But he has great instincts and really good hands. I think he's at UND for at least 3 years minimum.

Forbort won't be here long that kid is awesome. JMHO...

forbort is great, but how many defensemen are nhl ready at 20, after 2 years of college? i'm not slighting forbort at all here, he is a dude, but it takes more time for defensemen to be nhl ready. maybe just wishful thinking on my part we might have him here for 3 years, but definately wouldn't be surprised if he was gone after 2 (I would be very surprised if he was gone after this year).

gregoire is probably the most nhl ready, he is our most complete player, but maybe this injury keeps him here another year? and i could definately see blood being gone after this season.

frattin will be playing for the leafs, hopefully not until next season, as someone said their season should be done as the boys are skating around with the national championship trophy :D but dude has got a laser shot, hes fast and physical, and the leafs desperately need a scorer like him.

hopefully the boys get healthy (especially gregs mystery injury, hopefully no pcs, the sioux have not had a good history with that :sad: )

#8 the last year as the sioux!!

I'm glad the Purple Cow goalie got that unconscious netminding out of his system against Goldie.

Time to come back to the average oh great padded purple moo-moo.

You were a bull last week; it's steer-making time.

And I'm predicting none of the UND roster turns pro before the MSU-M games.

They are on the B2 Network.

http://www.b2livetv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=wcha

...this is the link that MSU provides.

Just went out to ticketmaster and the best you can get for tickets on Saturday is SRO. Should be a fun time and I cannot wait! "It's seven o'clock and I wanna rock, wanna get a belly full of beer!"