SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU - friday

AZSIOUX

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henessy said that Knight got a cut on his foot. Thorough his skate. Not sure how bad, but he was able to come back and play.

I usually hate weekends when the sioux are off, but my God do they need a weekend or two off to let some guys heal......Christmas can't come soon enough.

Its good to have a guy like Marto that can play more than one position. You talk about the amount of skill they have on D.....all seven of them dressed....

Big win for the boys!!

Sioux 5-4 tomorrow.

very good win shorthanded with guys banged up. dell was very good, again! sioux find a way to bust out tomorrow in a 5-2 win. get that home sweep. malones goals were big time moves, wow.

Another night where we give up "almost no" powerplays, and not surprisingly almost get a shutout.

Sioux have played 17 games so far this year.

In 6 games, we've given up a 5x3 or we've given up a major. In those games: 1 win, 4 losses, 1 tie.

In 11 games, we've not given up a major or a 5x3. In those games, 9-1-1.

I don't recall ever seeing such a stark difference.

Bottom line: if we stay out of the box, we're da## tough to beat.

Dell may be the team MVP to this point in time. He has been superb.

The more he plays, the better he looks...except when he is trying to play the puck outside of or behind the net.

He is postionally getting more and more solid as he seem to be really adjusting to the speed and pace of the game.

He'll need to be as good or better tonight to get UND a win.

On a side note, Hak, IMO, needs to get Gleason out of there. You can't tell me Bruno or Davidison paired with Mario and Rowney isn't a better line combo? That line was barely seen from the second period on. Our "strength" is suppose to be our depth? You take that away if you can't roll 4 lines with or without some players out.

And Gregiore is out indefinately after wiping out during a warm-up skate before Tues. practice! How the heck does that happen???

Overall, one of the better performances this year top to bottom from an undermanned Sioux team last night.

The more he plays, the better he looks...except when he is trying to play the puck outside of or behind the net.

He is postionally getting more and more solid as he seem to be really adjusting to the speed and pace of the game.

He'll need to be as good or better tonight to get UND a win.

On a side note, Hak, IMO, needs to get Gleason out of there. You can't tell me Bruno or Davidison paired with Mario and Rowney isn't a better line combo? That line was barely seen from the second period on. Our "strength" is suppose to be our depth? You take that away if you can't roll 4 lines with or without some players out.

And Gregiore is out indefinately after wiping out during a warm-up skate before Tues. practice! How the heck does that happen???

Overall, one of the better performances this year top to bottom from an undermanned Sioux team last night.

I agree on Davidson or Bruno upfront instead of Gleason. I wonder if Hak is getting Gleason reps to keep him prepared to play next year when he would likely be needed on defense as a regular

I agree on Davidson or Bruno upfront instead of Gleason. I wonder if Hak is getting Gleason reps to keep him prepared to play next year when he would likely be needed on defense as a regular

I don't understand why Davidson isn't playing either, during the early part of the season he was playing on the fourth line and his physical play was awesome.

I don't understand why Davidson isn't playing either, during the early part of the season he was playing on the fourth line and his physical play was awesome.

The Sioux seam to be playing a little smarter hockey and a little less physical. Which lead to less pp kills. I really like the way Davidson plays and think he deserves ice time. But we all know big hits clean or not in the WCHA will draw a penitlies.

I think it just comes down to having your best skill guys in the lineup. For example, moving Marto to forward. i thought he was great last night up front. I would expect to see Bruno in the lineup before Davidson. At least he's a threat to light the lamp.