SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UNO

AZSIOUX

UNO fan here. Excited you guys are finally coming to Omaha. Should be a great series. Have much respect for your program and history. I do think we win at least one game this weekend. Coach Blais will have the boys ready.

Thanks for the post. Good Luck to you. I am looking forward to seeing the UNO squad and a good old fashioned uptempo horse race hockey game.

• Upvote 1

If you read that article posted on the mav's message board, he correctly identifies UND as the Fighting Sioux. So I just wonder did the writer miss it when looking at it, did the editor? Sure the headline isn't correct so what. As for bulletin board material, you've gotta be kidding me. If you read the article you will probably have the same questions as to who messed up and didn't catch it.

Evidently you're not aware of the history of the Sioux/Bison rivalry. It is a big deal to us "old geezers" as someone on this forum likes to refer to us as. (We didn't like being refered to as North Dakota Statenon some pizza poster either at the WCHA final 5 a few years back.) It probably is to some of the youngsters, too, although they haven't had the opportunity to enjoy the rivalry in the last 7 years. A shame.

Bring your earplugs if you're heading to Omaha . . .

From Twitter: Fans this just in... First 2,500 non-green wearing fans will receive a free cow bell from TD Ameritrade.

So.... They are discriminating against people that decide to wear the color green? :ohmy: Hmmm... I sure hope they wouldn't also think of denying a young hockey fan a cowbell because he or she happened to have clothing with Native American imagery..... Any lawyers out there? ;)

It's kind of ironic that TD Ameritrade's corporate logo is green.....

GO SIOUX!!

• Upvote 1

Bring your earplugs if you're heading to Omaha . . .

From Twitter: Fans this just in... First 2,500 non-green wearing fans will receive a free cow bell from TD Ameritrade.

I know that we have the best traveling (loud) fan base in the league.

With that said, I'd like to see a differnet twist on this... call it "counter the cowbell". My wife and I will be bringing along 100 or so kazoos to hand out (depending on where the fans are meeting) before Friday's game just to add to the Mavs annoyance factor.

If you have one bring it along and Kazoo for the Sioux!!!!!

See you at the game..

With that said, I'd like to see a differnet twist on this... call it "counter the cowbell". My wife and I will be bringing along 100 or so kazoos to hand out (depending on where the fans are meeting) before Friday's game just to add to the Mavs annoyance factor.

See you at the game..

biggrin.gif

See you at the game..

Sweet, we will be the family with a young girl and a Sioux Flag, it we remember it...

See you at the game..

Wow, that sounds awesome!! Now I wish even more that I could make it down there!

How does the NCAA enforce the ban on noisemakers during play when the arena is handing them out? and who does the enforcing? the only thing I found was

link

"Enforcement of artificial noisemaker rules is a crowd control issue for game management. Most officials have the authority to suspend competition long enough to allow game administration to address any disruptive situation."

this seems slightly vague and unrealistic to me :sad:

How does the NCAA enforce the ban on noisemakers during play when the arena is handing them out? and who does the enforcing? the only thing I found was

link

"Enforcement of artificial noisemaker rules is a crowd control issue for game management. Most officials have the authority to suspend competition long enough to allow game administration to address any disruptive situation."

this seems slightly vague and unrealistic to me :sad:

Lots of arenas hand out those blow up sticks for smacking together. I agree Cowbells are a different level of noise maker though. If it is the wrong pitch it may make the whistle tough to hear.

Any chance of Eids seeing the ice this weekend? I would assume if Dell had an awful game Friday night, Brad would have a chance at starting on Saturday...but, Dell I would assume is pretty much a lock for at least Friday. I would think if Dell played poorly Friday, he still might get the start Saturday.

Any chance of Eids seeing the ice this weekend? I would assume if Dell had an awful game Friday night, Brad would have a chance at starting on Saturday...but, Dell I would assume is pretty much a lock for at least Friday. I would think if Dell played poorly Friday, he still might get the start Saturday.

I think a lot of people want to give Eids another chance and see where he's at. Hak probably does too.

On the other hand, Dell has been solid, and the team seems pretty confident in him, so it's a tough call.

I would love if the Sioux could get a strong 1-2 punch going in net. It was nice when Kollar use to do very well with Goehring. Denver also had some good tandems in the late '90's and early 2000's.

you gonna bag on my age now, Big A? :lol:

I think a lot of people want to give Eids another chance and see where he's at. Hak probably does too.

On the other hand, Dell has been solid, and the team seems pretty confident in him, so it's a tough call.

Good call...Dell has been solid...nothing more. He'll have to be better than that this weekend IMO. When BE plays well, he's solid too. Dell will play Friday...if he gets win, he'll play Sat. I'd like to see BE get in a some point though. But what this team needs is better than "solid" play once in awhile. Dell didn't face much action vs. WI. A perfromance here or there like the WI goalie provided them last weekend would be a welcomed sight!

Here's my guess. If Dell is sharp Friday, I think we see him Saturday. Sioux have a non-conference series the following weekend. I think we'll see both goalies against Notre Dame.

Lots of arenas hand out those blow up sticks for smacking together. I agree Cowbells are a different level of noise maker though. If it is the wrong pitch it may make the whistle tough to hear.

If the Sioux score early, and often, it will shut those cowbells down in a hurry, and take the crowd out of the game.