SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Buy Thefts

darell1976

IMO, this is Bohl's last season, unless he gets his record and players under control. A new president isn't going to need much of an excuse to clean house if things don't get straightened out. It may come down to Taylor or Bohl going, and I'd put my money on the AD keeping his job.

I thought I should add this disclaimer. Not only am I a big Sioux hockey supporter, but a Bison FB season ticket holder.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the NDSU games are televised next season, will either the "Red Zone" or "End Zone" areas of the field be aptly renamed the "Reward Zone" to capitalize on their new corporate ties to Best Buy? The Bison may accumulate more points that way,and perhaps even win a couple games, as it sounds like they may not score many points on their own.

I've got a Reward Zone card. It doesn't help you accumulate points unless you visit a cash register. :silly:

IMO, this is Bohl's last season, unless he gets his record and players under control. A new president isn't going to need much of an excuse to clean house if things don't get straightened out. It may come down to Taylor or Bohl going, and I'd put my money on the AD keeping his job.

I thought I should add this disclaimer. Not only am I a big Sioux hockey supporter, but a Bison FB season ticket holder.

How does the average NDSU fan really feel about Taylor? Is he also potentially on the hot seat? Not only has he seemingly enabled Bohl, his non-conference football scheduling hasn't been the best, and with NDSU still stuck on 10 games for 2010, he can't be overly popular among at least some football fans...

Short of keeping all players under lock and key, what can Bohl actually do to stop them from making bad choices? He can yell at them and he can plead with them not to do it...but you can only lead a horse to water.

The players made their choices and Bohl kicked them off the team.

Good job coach! You did the right thing.

The media can and will latch on to this and bleed it for everything it's worth. Just hang in there. Your job is to win with the players who want to make the right choices and be a part of the team, school and community.

The Bison sports programs have historically been riddled with theft problems, remember Jeff Giersch the basketball player, he stole spark plugs, remember the Dick family and the shoplifting from Dayton's department stores, and now we have the granddaddy of them all, the Best Buy theft ring, oh and I'm completely sure that these examples aren't the only Bison transgressions. Can hardly wait for the next Bison athlete to be arrested, will it be a simple chemical dependency issue or will it be major criminal conduct. I'll predict the latter. And hey Craig Bohl, if two players were involved, I'll bet there are more of your prized athletes that got dirty in this one.

I bleed Fighting Sioux Green but let's not be too quick to cast aspersions towards NDSU sports program.

It isn't that long ago that Rich Glas tossed a couple basketball players off the team for *ahem* disciplinary infractions.

And there are others...

I bleed Fighting Sioux Green but let's not be too quick to cast aspersions towards NDSU sports program.

It isn't that long ago that Rich Glas tossed a couple basketball players off the team for *ahem* disciplinary infractions.

And there are others...

True enough. Marcus something?? I think it was for stealing a couple cd's from Target when it was still connected to the Columbia Mall. Each and every program has their share of punks.

BUT... I think this is a huge story in Fargo, no matter that the accused were connected to the NDSU campus or not, just because of the amount of merchandise involved. The people with direct connections to NDSU look to be "small frys", considering the scope of the whole case.

This in itself maybe isn't enough to cast a shadow over the NDSU program, but when you look at the collective events of recent years, it certainly fans the flames :silly: .

True enough. Marcus something?? I think it was for stealing a couple cd's from Target when it was still connected to the Columbia Mall. Each and every program has their share of punks.

BUT... I think this is a huge story in Fargo, no matter that the accused were connected to the NDSU campus or not, just because of the amount of merchandise involved. The people with direct connections to NDSU look to be "small frys", considering the scope of the whole case.

This in itself maybe isn't enough to cast a shadow over the NDSU program, but when you look at the collective events of recent years, it certainly fans the flames :silly: .

Yeah but if you read this message board you'd think Bohl and Taylor made the players steal. Some posters on here need to get a grip.

Yeah but if you read this message board you'd think Bohl and Taylor made the players steal.

Where has anyone here called Bohl and Taylor thieves? You must be confusing them again with Chapman. :silly:

The media is just making a big deal about nothing, right, Mplsbison? Just the biggest busted thief ring in FM's history and the media is over reporting. After all, only 7 of the defendants had any link to NDSU athletics.

Where has anyone here called Bohl and Taylor thieves? You must be confusing them again with Chapman. :silly:

The media is just making a big deal about nothing, right, Mplsbison? Just the biggest busted thief ring in FM's history and the media is over reporting. After all, only 7 of the defendants had any link to NDSU athletics.

I never said they were over reporting. I would be doing the same thing they're doing, if I were them.

They've got to sell stories to get people's attention. They've got to make money.

Well, this is a big money maker for them.

Taylor's comments in today's Kevin Schnepf article are exactly correct. Bohl is doing right, there is nothing more than could've been done here. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/275856/group/Sports/

I never said they were over reporting. I would be doing the same thing they're doing, if I were them.

They've got to sell stories to get people's attention. They've got to make money.

Well, this is a big money maker for them.

Taylor's comments in today's Kevin Schnepf article are exactly correct. Bohl is doing right, there is nothing more than could've been done here. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/275856/group/Sports/

This is somewhat troubling....

This is somewhat troubling.... I'm not sure how the new prez, whoever that may end up being, will respond to this kind of mentality.

Not that I agree with Taylor's mindset anyway, but when you factor in that they're not even winning, it makes it especially hard to justify...

This is somewhat troubling.... I'm not sure how the new prez, whoever that may end up being, will respond to this kind of mentality.

There is nothing to respond to, he was just stating a common truth for any recruiting that goes on at the top level of college athletics (UND included).

“As much as you would like to recruit choir boys, you’ve got to win football games,” Taylor said. “You are going to recruit kids who live on edge … and that’s in every sport. If you want competitive, hard-nosed athletes, some of those kids will push the envelope. Some of those kids are the kids you really have to monitor.”

Funny how SDSU can be out-recruited and basically only recruits "choir boys", and still kicks the crap out of the bison. :silly:

The bison football team had a leadership implosion last season - and no wonder - Best Buy carts were being wheeled out last Sept 1st. All the Bison teammakers and coaches can't put Humpty Dumpty leadership back together again - it takes more than a season.

This NDSU Best Buy organized crime story is just one AP wire story from going national. Recruiting is going to tank because no parent is going want to see their kid in an orange jumpsuit.

Funny how SDSU can be out-recruited and basically only recruits "choir boys", and still kicks the crap out of the bison. :silly:

This NDSU Best Buy organized crime story is just one AP wire story from going national. Recruiting is going to tank because no parent is going want to see their kid in an orange jumpsuit.

We'll see if that's true or not. The proof will be if you actually win one head to head recruiting battle. Just one . . . it shouldn't be hard according to you.

We'll see if that's true or not. The proof will be if you actually win one head to head recruiting battle. Just one . . . it shouldn't be hard according to you.

Kids being recruited will sense that things are wrong on their visit. The bison players won't even be enthusiastic.

We get it, NDSU always wins recruiting battles. If a kid decides to go anywhere else it's because NDSU didn't really want them. Congrats on winning all of those recruiting battles. Obviously it has done wonders for the football program with all of the great press the past year, plus all those wins last year. Keep winning those recruiting battles.

The bison football team had a leadership implosion last season - and no wonder - Best Buy carts were being wheeled out last Sept 1st. All the Bison teammakers and coaches can't put Humpty Dumpty leadership back together again - it takes more than a season.

Will they take care of the install too?

Dang!! You can win those 'recruiting battles'. Who the heck wants 'living on the edge' soon to be felons on their team...uhm, besides NDSU.

That's funny because Taylor implied earlier that the coaches didn't really know the a lot of the athletes that well because they were just guys who walked on to the program.