SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Buy Thefts

darell1976

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short of keeping all players under lock and key, what can Bohl actually do to stop them from making bad choices? He can yell at them and he can plead with them not to do it...but you can only lead a horse to water.

The players made their choices and Bohl kicked them off the team.

Good job coach! You did the right thing.

The media can and will latch on to this and bleed it for everything it's worth. Just hang in there. Your job is to win with the players who want to make the right choices and be a part of the team, school and community.

I hate to admit this, but I think this time MplsBison made sense on this one. The facts are that both NDSU and UND will take chances on players with questionable character. It has happened to the Sioux football team as well. It is one thing if a kid comes in with a string of problems. If you take a chance on one of those, you get what you deserve. Otherwise, the coaches can't be keeping an eye on all the players all the time.

This is the absolute downside to becoming DI and needing to get the leftover not quite up to par athletes, i.e., those that don't have freakishly great talent, but are

still good athletes with defective charactor. Many of those athletes are left over for a reason, wonderful, both the Sioux and Bison get to recruit and land big city criminal elements, great for the communities and for the children that see them as role models. No one can argue with the simple fact that these are the type of athletes we will get to watch, myself, I've seen the big city kids and am not impressed. I would much rather watch some local fundamentally sound charactor athletes, but that's not what the big DI-AA will bring us. So not only won't the Sioux or Bison win national titles, but we will get subpar student athletes. Get used to the trend. I will take the drinking hell raising hockey boys over all the out-region athletes..

This is the absolute downside to becoming DI and needing to get the leftover not quite up to par athletes, i.e., those that don't have freakishly great talent, but are

still good athletes with defective charactor. Many of those athletes are left over for a reason, wonderful, both the Sioux and Bison get to recruit and land big city criminal elements, great for the communities and for the children that see them as role models. No one can argue with the simple fact that these are the type of athletes we will get to watch, myself, I've seen the big city kids and am not impressed. I would much rather watch some local fundamentally sound charactor athletes, but that's not what the big DI-AA will bring us. So not only won't the Sioux or Bison win national titles, but we will get subpar student athletes. Get used to the trend. I will take the drinking hell raising hockey boys over all the out-region athletes..

Wow. Tell me you where either kidding or drinking with your hell raising hockey boys before you typed this.

As I predicted, Forum is trying to suck every last drop of blood out of this story and stir the pot as much as possible: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/276374

The part about being on ESPN if it were a BCS school is laughable. The media is so full of itself.

That was a precious Rah Rah article Kolpack. My god, get the kneepads off.

The difference between NDSU and the rest of the schools around here is that the students/athletes from other schools do all of those community activities, get good grades, etc. BUT DO NOT end up on a police blotter constantly. That article was worthless.

Maybe I'm slow, but what does debris in the Missouri River have to do with the Bison?

The link works fine for me. There site does that sometimes early in the morning, it jumps around to different links. Don't know why.

Look around and you will find it.

The difference between NDSU and the rest of the schools around here is that the students/athletes from other schools do all of those community activities, get good grades, etc. BUT DO NOT end up on a police blotter constantly. That article was worthless.

Why doesn't the Forum fire this guy for bashing his company. If i did that i would get fired.

Agree. If a high fraction of the football team knows about an ongoing theft ring - but does nothing - they are still immoral. All the good deeds Taylor sets up for them for doesn't undo the six months of silence.

Agree. If a high fraction of the football team knows about an ongoing theft ring - but does nothing - they are still immoral. All the good deeds Taylor sets up for them for doesn't undo the six months of silence.

Seems like not many of the players knew about it.

As I predicted, Forum is trying to suck every last drop of blood out of this story and stir the pot as much as possible: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/276374

The part about being on ESPN if it were a BCS school is laughable. The media is so full of itself.

Oh, did this story get more pub then the Bison b-ball flood video? Now it's the media's fault...TFF