SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Fan Check In

siouxnami

I love these guys, and I always will. Just not sure they have "it" this year. This is a team that had to rely on depth instead of a few really high profile players and, unfortunately, their depth has been pretty much wiped out by key players missing time. The effort has been there for the most part, but like most young teams, they have problems finishing both plays and games. Right now it's going to take a minor miracle to get home ice for the first round of the WCHA tourney, and another one to avoid the play-in game so that they have a realistic shot at the tourney title. I think making the NCAAs will also take a minor miracle. That said, I'll be there watching them for as long as they are still playing - hoping for the best, but at least trying to maintain some semblance of an even keel (always hard to do where the fates and fortunes of the boys are concerned). On the long haul there will always be stretches with bumps in the road - this is something real fans know and understand.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?"

"germans?"

"let him go, he's on a roll"

This calls for a road trip! St.Cloud welcomes all Sioux fans at the Deck of the Lake Club where Ottis Day and Knights will

be playing! :D

I said it early and I will say it again. This team is loaded with both heart and talent.

As someone noted elsewhere, the week off comes at just the right time. Hextall will get healthy. Genoway will return. Eidsness will start seeing the puck.

The Sioux will stretch drive to home ice, a solid showing in the Final Five, and a #3 or #4 seed in the West. There, we will extract revenge by beating #1 seed Denver, and we will go to Detroit's Ford Field. There, the boys will skate to the National Championship.

This is a year where the title is anyone's to grab. Who better equipped, better coached, and better supported by its fan base than the Fighting Sioux? National Champs in the last year of our existence as the Fighting Sioux.

It all lines up. Be there, or be square.

Although I may not be sitting in the middle of it - I'm firmly aboard the bandwagon.

If we could just get 100% healthy, I really belive we could make a run. It's not like we're getting our butts kicked night in and night out.

(except for one game in particular that I'm still having a hard time accepting...) :D

Vikings fans = Bandwagon fans

Sioux fans = Well, depends on if you're a Vikings fan or not... :D

I'm a Packers fan so I'm always dumb enough to stay on a moving wagon long after I should have jumped, so count me in. :lol:

sounds like a pretty stereotypical statement to me. :lol:

I've been a vikings fan all my life. my parents have been vikings fans all their lives.... my cousin however, gets married to a wisconsin guy and suddenly becomes a diehard packer fan. imagine that....

anyways, my point is... i don't appreciate this comment. lol

I've been told I should be used to choking since I'm from Minnesota. I don't really care. choke artists or not, i love my teams. (though obviously they are not all Minnesota teams) If I'm anything, it's passionate about my teams. (my high school did go 1-37 in football & basketball one year and everyone still went to their games -- obviously I'm diehard) lol

go sioux!

sounds like a pretty stereotypical statement to me. :D

I've been a vikings fan all my life. my parents have been vikings fans all their lives.... my cousin however, gets married to a wisconsin guy and suddenly becomes a diehard packer fan. imagine that....

anyways, my point is... i don't appreciate this comment. lol

I've been told I should be used to choking since I'm from Minnesota. I don't really care. choke artists or not, i love my teams. (though obviously they are not all Minnesota teams) If I'm anything, it's passionate about my teams. (my high school did go 1-37 in football & basketball one year and everyone still went to their games -- obviously I'm diehard) lol

go sioux!

Not sure where you live, but if you live in/around the Twin Cities, you should be calling your local radio and tv stations and thanking them for buying up many tickets over the past few seasons. This year was a little different with Favre coming in, but last year the Vikes had a division winning team and barely sold out their first home playoff game in what seemed like forever...not to mention all the regular season games where the TV and radio stations came in and scooped up remaining tickets many times. :lol:

It's not like the Packers were an amazing team their whole history. They went 29 years between championships, many of those years being losing seasons, yet the Packer faithful showed up week in and week out throughout those years and have sold out each game since the 60s, even braving the cold weather.

Of course I was having a little fun with what I said, and there are die-hards and bandwagoners for each and every team out there no matter the sport, but the Vikes have a pretty bandwagon-based franchise. Not that it will get any better once they move to LA... :lol:

Will always be a die hard SIOUX fan. Have lived in the heart of Goofer and Purple cow country. I enjoy being a rebel. After all I do manage an ice arena.Looking forward to the St Cloud series next weekend. SWEEP!!! I want to see the Sioux at Detroit this year so I can really enjoy the NCAA Final 4.