SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Fan Check In

siouxnami

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall another team that had trouble finishing their chances. It was the 1995-96 team with the first freshmen class under Dean Blais. Well, the very next year (1996-97) those same forwards that couldn't finish started finishing and we won our sixth NCAA title. And those very same freshmen finished as one of the winningest classes in school history. That is what I am hoping will happen with this current group of players that are having trouble finishing.

I remain a strong supporter of Hak and this team. Real fans check in here. This is not the best Sioux team that I have seen, but the best team I saw lost 1-0 on Denver and did not win a title. If healthy this team can put together 4 wins against anyone and therefore is a title contender. Go Sioux...

I am a fan of the Fighting Sioux regardless if they win or lose! They are my team. Hak is a great coach and I support him 100%.

I recall another team that had trouble finishing their chances. It was the 1995-96 team with the first freshmen class under Dean Blais. Well, the very next year (1996-97) those same forwards that couldn't finish started finishing and we won our sixth NCAA title. And those very same freshmen finished as one of the winningest classes in school history. That is what I am hoping will happen with this current group of players that are having trouble finishing.

You're right. I remember that year as an extremely frustrating year to be a Sioux hockey fan. This year's adversity might just bare fruit....if not this year, then maybe next.

You're right. I remember that year as an extremely frustrating year to be a Sioux hockey fan. This year's adversity might just bare fruit....if not this year, then maybe next.

Actually I remembered that year as one where at least the Sioux were competing. The last few years of Gino we didn't have the effort being put in there.

I think the guys are still working hard for the most part, although in the 3rd you could tell a few guys weren't with us.

I remain a strong supporter of Hak and this team. Real fans check in here. This is not the best Sioux team that I have seen, but the best team I saw lost 1-0 on Denver and did not win a title. If healthy this team can put together 4 wins against anyone and therefore is a title contender. Go Sioux...

Don't get a chance to post or even read the forum as much as I use to but have to take the time to post on this thread...

Love the Fighting Sioux, win or lose, name or no name... I can't ever see riding on any other bandwagon than the Fighting Sioux bandwagon. It's a bumpy ride this season but I ain't falling off!

Go Sioux!!

That Jersey that Sioux AZ sold me (1959 Sioux retro) actually hasn't fair well so I have retired it for the season. :D I think UND is something like 0-2-1 since I bought it. I never left but I am not enjoying the ride.

Great thread! I was really getting tired of the fair weather, know-it-all "fans", constantly pi$$ing and moaning. At least this thread should be void of all the negativity.

It does suck to keep losing to Denver....BUT.... Look what happened in the 2003-2004 season.

11/21/03 - Sioux win 8 - 2 in Denver

11/22/03 - Sioux win 6 - 2 in Denver

1/30/04 - Sioux win 6 - 1 in Grand Forks

1/31/04 - Sioux Tie Denver 1 -1 in Grand Forks

3/27/04 - Denver wins 1 - 0 in the West Regional in Colorado Springs, despite being outshot 33 - 17.

Ryan Hale missed on an early breakaway that could have set the tone to keep our dominance over the Pioneers going. The pendulum started swinging the other way for a while after that game. They then beat us in the Final the next year for back to back titles. :D

That Sioux team was one of the best ever and probably "should have" won it all, but didn't.

Denver got hot at the right time, and had hot goaltending that carried them.

So who's to say that The Sioux can't use the same formula? Sure, Denver has owned us this year (so far), but haven't really dominated us like we did to them in '03. I for one, hope that we meet them again in the playoffs...We owe them. We know it, and they know it.

It's time for the pendulum to start swinging in The Sioux's favor again. We have not been getting any breaks, calls, or bounces so far this season. BUT....We have a week off to get rid of all the bad JuJu, rest up, and heal some injuries. Then it's time to make the playoff push. This team just needs a couple of garbage goals and some timely saves to start things turning around. Then look out, as they could be very scary to play down the stretch.

And by then, there will not be room on the bandwagon for all the naysayers that have been dragging these forums down for most of the season....

GO SIOUX!!!!

Still on baord and not going anywhere. I am looking forward to getting to see the Sioux play three times in St. Paul and win 3 games in St. Paul. It seems like Hak's teams play better when they are desprate. Last year after securing the McNaughton, they went to sleep, 1 goal at the Final Five, it was horrible. Maybe we can put a run together just a little later in the year, a run all the way to April.

"What over...did you say over?" said in my best John Belushi voice. Lots of points up for grabs. Now can play the underdog role. Bulls eye is now taped to the back of whoever we're playing. Can't wait for the next series!