SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

Frankly I think the Cornell goalie has been exposed lately. When Cornell was here in Grand Forks, I was not impressed with them, if they were in the WCHA they would be fighting for home ice in the WCHA and they wouldn't be hanging a banner.

Yeah I agree, northeastern is not a offensive team, so they made him look decent, but he still let in 2 goals. I love how BSU tore apart mr. 1.64 GAA and .932 SV% and I think pierce is by far a better goaltender than Scrivens(Cornell goalie). I don't think cornell will handle the speed and puck pressure very well at all. That is if...BSU plays like last night

I just love playoff hockey, you can throw away all the stats cause they mean nothing.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 100% pro BSU.

A number of reasons why:

1. ECACHL is a weak conference. Any success provides instant overhype

2. Cornell employs a game even UW would find boring

3. Their coach, though sometimes right, comes across as a whiner.

BY the way, BU 1-0

I'm 100% pro BSU.

A number of reasons why:

1. ECACHL is a weak conference. Any success provides instant overhype

2. Cornell employs a game even UW would find boring

3. Their coach, though sometimes right, comes across as a whiner.

BY the way, BU 1-0

I really want BSU to have success in the tourney so they have more of a case to being allowed into the WCHA. BSU would add another great program into the WCHA.

I really want BSU to have success in the tourney so they have more of a case to being allowed into the WCHA. BSU would add another great program into the WCHA.

i dont think bsu having success in this tourney has anything to do with getting into the wcha imo. all wcha coaches/programs know they can already play in the wcha and compete. they have proved that and its simply about having a extra team and or getting a 12th team in but of course even their win or if they win again today wont hurt their cause as i see your point

hell, bsu already has more ncaa wins than scsu with their win yesterday. we all know they can be a team that battles in the middle of the wcha right off the bat

Intermission report:

Melrose and his cohort call Miami a powerhouse DI team. Nice compliment for the winners of 2 NCAA games in their NCAA careers.

I guess I owe Miami an apology. Not their fault the media gets all weak in the knees and retarded around them.

I think the case has already been made with their showing yesterday. Tom Serratore was a coach at SCSU before he came to BSU and did

a lot of the recruiting for Dahl. Notice a drop off a bit after Tom left? Serratore is a great coach and well respected around college hockey.

Intermission report:

Melrose and his cohort call Miami a powerhouse DI team. Nice compliment for the winners of 2 NCAA games in their NCAA careers.

I guess I owe Miami an apology. Not their fault the media gets all weak in the knees and retarded around them.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. I was really torn about who I wanted to win that game with Denver. I really really really DISLIKE Denver but I really didn't want to encourage their fantasy about being a "Hockey Dynasty" :(

Intermission report:

Is there a link to the game?

I think the case has already been made with their showing yesterday. Tom Serratore was a coach at SCSU before he came to BSU and did

a lot of the recruiting for Dahl. Notice a drop off a bit after Tom left? Serratore is a great coach and well respected around college hockey.

BSU plays a speed game, and I also think having them in the WCHA could change the style of play over the next few years from clutch and grab to a more open style like we had when the WCHA dominated the NCAA titles for years.

This is my hope, I love the open, up and down style its fun for fans to watch, we can still cycle but not a grind like cycle, a cycle like BSU has which is a speed based cycle game. ND didn't touch a BSU player during their cycle they moved thru it so fast it was fun as hell to watch.

thanks az, let me guess who you are rooting for :(

BSU matches up fairly well with the Big Red. BSU has pretty good speed and can hopefully outlast Cornell. It would be a huge win for BSU's program.

Off to the official game bar . . . it was a fun night in Bemidji (and helped dampen the afternoon loss).

Lets go Beavers!