SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, here's the solution key. It's harsh, but there it is.

And I'm yet to see a game in this tourney where the standards change late, ala "color codes".

Kudos to the NCAA officiating*; a pox on McLeod and Shepherd for not having their teams well prepared for it.

Jason Gregoire is amazing w/o a cadaver in an opposing jersey strapped to his back.

Too bad we only got to see it for one game this year.

Thanks for that Bruce and Greg. :(

* And y'all know me. I'd rather see the NCAA in its coffin with a wooden stake in its heart.

I just finished reading the list of hidden injuries this team was playing through and it begs the question:

How many happened because of lack of enforcement (by league officials) of the points of emphasis?

I just finished reading the list of hidden injuries this team was playing through and it begs the question:

How many happened because of lack of enforcement (by league officials) of the points of emphasis?

I don't think that has anything to do with it. All teams have injuries this time of year. Everyone plays by the same rules.

I understand your point, but either way, we are not playing against BU today.

Yeah it sucks to be banged up come playoff time but I don't think that two separated shoulders and a broken foot are the result of the WCHA refs not calling obstruction/holding all season.

Yeah it sucks to be banged up come playoff time but I don't think that two separated shoulders and a broken foot are the result of the WCHA refs not calling obstruction/holding all season.

Besides that the Sioux players who are banged up would not benefit much from that rule anyhow. I just don't agree with that assessment.

I know and no Gophers!!

I am going to the FF regardless of who is in it. I wasn't assuming the Sioux would make it. If they do, that would be great. I'm just glad that certain teams (DU, UM, UM, BC) won't be there. The way things are going, it may be a very interesting FF, with the usual names not being there.

I guess this is a case of be careful what I wish for. I was happy to see certain teams not make it to the FF because I am not a big fan of theirs. However, the way it looks I am going to watch a group of teams I am neutral about. If it goes the way I think it will the FF will have BU, Vermont, Miami, and Cornell. (Nobody I really want to see win, but nobody that totally bothers me. OK, I can cheer against BU and Cornell). I was hoping for at least one team I would want to see there but UND, UMD, AFA, are all gone. I guess it's go BSU!!

Very true. These injury excuses don't fly.

Some injuries are worse than others though. It's not an excuse, it just makes it a lot more difficult to win some games when you're in that kind of pain and you can't go 100 percent. I'd like to see you play with a broken foot, thanks. I'm not sure if I could do it myself. Anyone who says those boys didn't give it all they had should go get their heads examined. These things happen.

You should change your name to Unhappy Gilmore -- it fits better.

Some injuries are worse than others though. It's not an excuse, it just makes it a lot more difficult to win some games when you're in that kind of pain and you can't go 100 percent. I'd like to see you play with a broken foot, thanks. I'm not sure if I could do it myself. Anyone who says those boys didn't give it all they had should go get their heads examined. These things happen.

You should change your name to Unhappy Gilmore -- it fits better.

We pretty much dominated most of the game. We had a couple really bad breakdowns and a little bad luck and UNH capitalized on it. We looked a lot better than we had been recently and looked like we were ready to jump start our post season run again. I don't think the injury excuse is going to work in this case.

Unfortunately, it also appears Hak didn't do a good job instilling that we play 60 minutes (instead of 59:59.99).

Haha. Yeah, I heard that he would stop all practice sessions just short of the 60min mark.

So, we really shouldn't be surprised that they let a goal in with 0.1 sec left. I mean, that's how they were taught.

:(

Haha. Yeah, I heard that he would stop all practice sessions just short of the 60min mark.

So, we really shouldn't be surprised that they let a goal in with 0.1 sec left. I mean, that's how they were taught.

:(

I bet we could replay that game 1,000 times and we wouldn't get the same result.

I bet we could replay that game 1,000 times and we wouldn't get the same result.

I bet you could replay that last 5sec 1,000 times and not get that same result. :(

Of course, with all the miracle finishes in NCAA play this year, maybe that result would happen 7/10 times.

Who knows.

I don't think the officiating had anything to do with the injuries.

I'm pretty sure Hextall's injury comes from taking a puck off the foot. Trupp took a nasty hit (but I can't remember if the check was clean or not.. I don't remember the game).

It surprises me to say this because I do believe that the incompetency of the officials in the WCHA is a huge safety issue.

Unfortunately... I agree with this statement. I'm planning to do everything in my power to jinx them however.

Not so fast. BU may be the most talented team remaining in the tourney, but Cornell has proven that they can hang with the elite teams from the Hockey East. Their style of play and goaltending allows them to match up well against any team in the nation.

Unfortunately... I agree with this statement. I'm planning to do everything in my power to jinx them however.

Not so fast. BU may be the most talented team remaining in the tourney, but Cornell has proven that they can hang with the elite teams from the Hockey East. Their style of play and goaltending allows them to match up well against any team in the nation.

I'd rather BU won than Cornell. At least then I wouldn't fall asleep watching the Frozen Four from an agonizing defensive struggle.

And who said Cornell will even get the chance to play any Hockey East teams? They have a game tonight too. GO BEAVERS!

I'd rather BU won than Cornell. At least then I wouldn't fall asleep watching the Frozen Four from an agonizing defensive struggle.

And who said Cornell will even get the chance to play any Hockey East teams? They have a game tonight too. GO BEAVERS!

When I said that Cornell "can hang with the elite teams from the Hockey East," I was referring to their come-from-behind win over Northeastern. Of course, I am not writing off Bemidji State, or any team for that matter; I am merely stating that I believe that Cornell, due to their style of play, has the best chance of upsetting BU, which is hands-down the most talented team in all of college hockey.

When I said that Cornell "can hang with the elite teams from the Hockey East," I was referring to their come-from-behind win over Northeastern. Of course, I am not writing off Bemidji State, or any team for that matter; I am merely stating that I believe that Cornell, due to their style of play, has the best chance of upsetting BU, which is hands-down the most talented team in all of college hockey.

Well, we won't find that out unless both BU and Cornell make it to the championship game as I believe they are on opposite sides of the bracket. So, that's just wishful thinking at this point. I realize you are a Cornell fan so OBVIOUSLY you believe they have the best chance against BU, at which point we're going to have a difference in opinion. So I feel we should put this to rest until we see a game played between BU and Cornell. :(

So do you think the refs are going to let you hook and hold them up and down the ice? I would worry about getting past BSU first.

Second BU is legit, I have seen your team play I wasn't impressed at all with their team speed and BU is fast. If anything this tourney is

BU's to lose.

I don't care what anyone says, the team that has impressed me the most in this tournament is BSU. I knew they were a good team but I have not seen that speed or level of energy from anyone for 60mins, they not only beat the irish they gave them a good old fashioned tool shed spanking. People can say cornell has the best chance against BU...I really don't think so, they have issues, I thought the sioux had the best chance to beat BU if they played a perfect game. After last night though....BSU has a great goaltender who has really stepped it up come playoff time even though he was good all year, and the rest of the team is playing like they want it for 60mins. I honestly don't think they can lose if they play every game like they did against the irish, they made them make decisions way too quick and it cost the irish early and often, they attacked the puck and puck carrier it reminded me of a team Blais would coach.

I don't care what anyone says, the team that has impressed me the most in this tournament is BSU. I knew they were a good team but I have not seen that speed or level of energy from anyone for 60mins, they not only beat the irish they gave them a good old fashioned tool shed spanking. People can say cornell has the best chance against BU...I really don't think so, they have issues, I thought the sioux had the best chance to beat BU if they played a perfect game. After last night though....BSU has a great goaltender who has really stepped it up come playoff time even though he was good all year, and the rest of the team is playing like they want it for 60mins. I honestly don't think they can lose if they play every game like they did against the irish, they made them make decisions way too quick and it cost the irish early and often, they attacked the puck and puck carrier it reminded me of a team Blais would coach.

Frankly I think the Cornell goalie has been exposed lately. When Cornell was here in Grand Forks, I was not impressed with them, if they were in the WCHA they would be fighting for home ice in the WCHA and they wouldn't be hanging a banner.