SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think there's any way we can get a 12th - I just don't see the WCHA letting in only 1 team, no matter how good an addition Bemidji would be.

There are a number of teams that have expressed interests. Some of them have been mentioned here.

I have heard that MTU is working hard on NMU to join.

It would be Nebraska-Omaha, or maybe Air Force?

I thought I heard someone say that Nebraska-Omaha had been asked that question when the WCHA lifted the ban on more teams and they responded in no uncertain terms that they would not be moving. I may be remembering wrong, but seems to me I saw it either on Brad's blog or in a news report - wasn't just us experts here on the board.

I thought I heard someone say that Nebraska-Omaha had been asked that question when the WCHA lifted the ban on more teams and they responded in no uncertain terms that they would not be moving. I may be remembering wrong, but seems to me I saw it either on Brad's blog or in a news report - wasn't just us experts here on the board.

You may be right....I may be crazy.

Air Force joined Atlantic Hockey.

The CHA has four right now:

Robert Morris and Niagara are also going Atlantic Hockey (that'll make 12 there).

Bemidji and Alabama-Huntsville are the odd-men out of CHA.

If Bemidji went WCHA that'd make 11, an unworkable number.

However, if Bemidji joined and Northern Michigan came back to the WCHA (to make 12) maybe UAH could get into the CCHA to restore them to 12.

Don't expect UN-Omaha to move. Publicly at least they're pretty steadfast in their desire to stay in the CCHA.

Robert Morris and Niagara are also going Atlantic Hockey (that'll make 12 there).

If Bemidji went WCHA that'd make 11, an unworkable number. However, if Northern Michigan came back to the WCHA (to make 12) maybe UAH could get into the CCHA to restore them to 12.

Whatever they work out, just letting the Beaver program die is not an option. I don't want to go back to a 12 team NCAA field with two regionals of six teams each. That was a cheesy set-up and I never liked it.

If Bemidji went WCHA that'd make 11, an unworkable number.

However, if Bemidji joined and Northern Michigan came back to the WCHA (to make 12) maybe UAH could get into the CCHA to restore them to 12.

Don't expect UN-Omaha to move. Publicly at least they're pretty steadfast in their desire to stay in the CCHA.

I like UAH in Atlantic Hockey to make 12, bring Air Force in the fold with Denver and CC where they belong.

Didn't Alabama Huntsville already anounce they are dropping hockey? I thought that was what was making it so difficult for Bemidji - All leagues already have an even number and whatever switching goes on someone will be left with an odd number.

I googled it and didn't see anything. It wouldn't be surprising though.