SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way that replay is conclusive! Leave it to WCHA refs to decide a game in this ridiculous fashion. Poor Air Force. They just got hosed!!

Wait, what? The puck clearly went through the net. In ever angle they showed, the puck was clearly below and inside the bar, the net moved and the puck was redirected. Not sure how much more conclusive it can get...

No way that replay is conclusive! Leave it to WCHA refs to decide a game in this ridiculous fashion. Poor Air Force. They just got hosed!!

Disagree. You can clearly see the puck travel inside the goal post, across the goal line, and out through the net. It was a goal.

What is the standard if it's inconclusive? A no goal? I really would've like to have seen AFA go... but go figure... WCHA refs...

How could that NOT be a goal? It was inside the post and yes it did look like it went THROUGH the net. Tough break for Air Force.

Damn ESPN, why would they put us through agony and make us watch 7ot of lacrosse (b/4 the UND game) and they move the Miami/UMD game from ESPN classic back to ESPNU? Stupid Midco! They need to offer ESPNU on their digital package!!!

No, an example of a replay of a ripper through the net that was conclusive a couple years ago at Final Five when SCSU was playing Minnesota, I think. I joked then, "oh, yeah, that happens ALL the time." If it was so damn conclusive, why'd it take our WCHA brains trust 10 minutes to make the call?

How could that NOT be a goal? It was inside the post and yes it did look like it went THROUGH the net. Tough break for Air Force.

Damn ESPN, why would they put us through agony and make us watch 7ot of lacrosse (b/4 the UND game) and they move the Miami/UMD game from ESPN classic back to ESPNU? Stupid Midco! They need to offer ESPNU on their digital package!!!

Ya, but we can watch a fight from 1987 on espnc. WAY better than Div 1 hockey... :(

So, so wrong. ESPN isn't biased towards east coast schools or teams, they're biased towards teams that more fans follow. Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Cowboys, and when it comes to college hockey, the Sioux, BC, and BU. When the Sioux lose its a big deal, so they're going to talk about it especially in the manner they lost. You really need to get a clue.

Oh really? You just love to make comments about other posters, don't you? I've followed this program for a long time and the media has never done us any favors. You can dispute it and make smart remarks all you want, but I just call them as I see them. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

End Rant.

Folks, here's the solution key. It's harsh, but there it is.

And I'm yet to see a game in this tourney where the standards change late, ala "color codes".

Kudos to the NCAA officiating*; a pox on McLeod and Shepherd for not having their teams well prepared for it.

Jason Gregoire is amazing w/o a cadaver in an opposing jersey strapped to his back.

Too bad we only got to see it for one game this year.

Thanks for that Bruce and Greg. :(

* And y'all know me. I'd rather see the NCAA in its coffin with a wooden stake in its heart.

I think I am less upset about this loss than what I would have been had it not been such a crazy tourney so far.

Three #1 seeds are out. BSU has a chance to make it to the F4. Vermont going to the F4 for the 1st time since 1996, Miami going for the 1st time ever. And BU looks to be dominant. The parity in college hockey has really shown in the last couple days...anyone can beat anyone.

So while I am still upset that the Sioux couldn't join in on the fun for longer, it still has been a very exciting tourney.

I think I am less upset about this loss than what I would have been had it not been such a crazy tourney so far.

Three #1 seeds are out. BSU has a chance to make it to the F4. Vermont going to the F4 for the 1st time since 1996, Miami going for the 1st time ever. And BU looks to be dominant. The parity in college hockey has really shown in the last couple days...anyone can beat anyone.

So while I am still upset that the Sioux couldn't join in on the fun for longer, it still has been a very exciting tourney.

Might just as well cheer for the Beavers to win it all! :(