SiouxSports.com Forum

Derrick LaPoint: Get Well Soon

farce poobah

Everybody say a prayer for Derrick tonight and tomorrow. I have a feeling it will have to be a long way back for him.

He's really improved, and has been a big part of why opponents haven't been able to get pressure on us. Good positioning, good first pass, good hands.

Get well soon. A lot of people are wishing you well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible to see. hope there isn't alot of ligament damage to go along with an obviously shattered ankle. take your time, let it heal, can't wait to see you back on the ice (which will most likely be next season some time). the fighting sioux family all have you in our prayers... i said last night after the missed cfb call that bruess would hurt someone with his reckless play, unfortunately i was right :huh: GET WELL SOON #3!!

It was nice to see him standing on his own with a cast in the tunnel after the game. Hope all turns out better than it looked. Derrick is the man (he's from Wisconsin! How can he not be???)

I wish that was him, but that was Hexy. He had the boot on after getting hit by a puck last night.

Hak said LaPoint was up in the hospital.

I wish that was him, but that was Hexy. He had the boot on after getting hit by a puck last night.

Hak said LaPoint was up in the hospital.

When he's taken off on a stretcher, he won't be back. That usually means the hospital and that's not a short ordeal with that injury.

I'd suspect he's headed eventually to the Operating Room. I hope he does it, if it is called for, ASAP.

Good luck to Derrick.

He has a few things going for him in the healing process. 1) He's young. 2) He's incredibly fit, with robust circulation. Blood is the healer, and his body will keep it flowing better than yours or mine would (well, mine anyway).