SiouxSports.com Forum

Derrick LaPoint: Get Well Soon

farce poobah

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrick,

Thank you for everything this year. You'll be missed on the ice the rest of this year.

Your injury looks tough.

You're tougher.

You tried to get up and off the ice with that injury. You are tougher. And you make that jersey proud.

But let me warn you: The toughest part will be the mental part. Seek out Robbie for advice.

You will get the best care available. Your body will heal.

You must keep telling yourself that you're coming back better and stronger from this.

Your team was mentally tough for you Saturday. Be proud of them.

And do them proud:

Get well.

I, we, need to see "3" wheeling around REA this fall.

Has anyone heard the natureof his injury. It did not look good but I am wondering what exactly it is.

I watched the replay again this morning and his ankle was obviously seriously broken. I am sure he spent the evening in the care of an orthopedic surgeon. Given the spot where his leg was bent the wrong way I doubt there is anything other than broken bones. From my experience this is probably a 4-6 month injury assuming the bone broke and not shattered. Hopefully he can be back on the ice to start the 09-10 season.

I watched the replay again this morning and his ankle was obviously seriously broken. I am sure he spent the evening in the care of an orthopedic surgeon. Given the spot where his leg was bent the wrong way I doubt there is anything other than broken bones. From my experience this is probably a 4-6 month injury assuming the bone broke and not shattered. Hopefully he can be back on the ice to start the 09-10 season.

On a more positive note. . . last year I had a kid slide into third on my softball team and her ankle was turned 45 degrees the wrong way. Looked really bad. Anyway, she didn't break a bone. (Something out the ankle spinning on that little heal bone). But I think that was almost worse. Cuz then you're dealing w/ ligaments and those don't seem to heal up right or as fast as bones. But this one looked pretty bad too. The replay looked more like a buckle and that he broke it pretty good. Just good to note that sometimes things look a lot worse than they turn out to be and I definitely hope that's the case here! Hope he gets well soon! ;)

According to the fightingsioux.com press release his leg is broken in two places.

Whats the chances if any that he would be ready for next season? I am guess not so does that open the door for Olson to come in next year

If you read the article that was posted about 5-6 posts ago...

The injury will keep him out until at least this summer, but the Sioux are optimistic that LaPoint will be 100 percent for the 2009-10 season.

;)

Whats the chances if any that he would be ready for next season? I am guess not so does that open the door for Olson to come in next year

been discussed in the recruits thread. if all goes as planned derrick will be back next year so the only option if genoway doesnt go anywhere is hold gleason back

hope all goes as planend for derrick!!!

yeah its not posted on purpose as we have all seen in on brads blog but thanks for not posting the actual pic so for those with weak stomachs :);)