SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

Is TUC status still top 25 RPI? If so, the TUC cliff is perhaps a day or two from being defined for this year.

23 Alaska .5160

24 Minnesota State .5133

25 Alaska-Anchorage .5096

26 Massachusetts .5080

27 Northern Michigan .5069

28 RIT .5058

Obviously, with the Sioux being 3-1 against each of MSUM and UAA, and 0-1 against UMass, it's helpful for the WCHA teams to hold onto those last two spots.

Duluth has a different perspective. They're 2-0 against MSUM, but 0-3-1 against UAA. They would love for UAA to get passed.

MN is 1-2-1 against MSUM, and 1-0-1 against UAA, so they wouldn't be looking at a dramatic change either way.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ST. Cloud wins tonight pushes game three, Gophers choke in final period of third game miss final five...and chances of making NCAA.

Sioux win in tough scrum tonight against mich tech...GO SIOUX!!! Tech got pretty chippy towards the end but the Sioux are masters of the scrum.

WOW UMD kind of saw that one coming a little surprized AA didn't sneak one out past Denver. AA is playing way better hockey then Minny right now and deserve a bid.

your right - I guess I'm in a mood today. too many 4a-2p work days (have to go to bed soon) - too many years in metropolitan minnesota and all the damn arrogant goph fans that fail to realize all the advantages that come with an area of 3 million people

think I'll move

I'm surprised you haven't moved by now considering all the bitching you have been doing about living in the

cities for years. Maybe you can move back to Devils Lake, I'm sure there are plenty of jobs there. :D

Our path to a number one seed is very simple. We need to flip the Vermont and Denver comparisons plus make sure we have a higher rpi than Denver and we should get a one seed.

Yep. For those not keeping score: of my three who to cheer for's for the weekend (excluding the two I said seemed to only matter if the Sioux lose), we got wins from B.C. and Mass.-Lowell. That was enough to flip the New Hampshire RPI point and comparison, but not yet Vermont.

With AA's effort falling short, it now looks like even if Denver loses tonight and UND wins, the RPI comparison could go either way so it may or may not be enough to flip that one (though it would force a 3rd game which likely would).

Sioux fans should be cheering for Mass.-Lowell. An Alaska Anchorage win would still be nice, but the UND-Denver comparison will continue to be a tossup as RPI (.551 to .558), H2H, TUC (.63 to .625), and COP (.638 to .660) could all shift in the Final Five.

As jk noted above, 21-25 in RPI contains 4 WCHA teams, leading to some potential TUC shakeup.

Is TUC status still top 25 RPI? If so, the TUC cliff is perhaps a day or two from being defined for this year.

23 Alaska .5160

24 Minnesota State .5133

25 Alaska-Anchorage .5096

26 Massachusetts .5080

27 Northern Michigan .5069

28 RIT .5058

Obviously, with the Sioux being 3-1 against each of MSUM and UAA, and 0-1 against UMass, it's helpful for the WCHA teams to hold onto those last two spots.

Duluth has a different perspective. They're 2-0 against MSUM, but 0-3-1 against UAA. They would love for UAA to get passed.

MN is 1-2-1 against MSUM, and 1-0-1 against UAA, so they wouldn't be looking at a dramatic change either way.

IIRC we get a cheap 2 TUC wins if BSU wins their conference...

ST. Cloud wins tonight pushes game three, Gophers choke in final period of third game miss final five...and chances of making NCAA.

Sioux win in tough scrum tonight against mich tech...GO SIOUX!!! Tech got pretty chippy towards the end but the Sioux are masters of the scrum.

WOW UMD kind of saw that one coming a little surprized AA didn't sneak one out past Denver. AA is playing way better hockey then Minny right now and deserve a bid.

I think Minny squeaks into the Final Five.

I think SCSU will be the one that chokes away a lead either today or tomorrow.

I thought UAA could have won that game. Did they sit back with the lead? If they did, that's why. You never sit back on a team that is better than you when you have a lead. You stay aggressive and try to run up the score.

You never sit back on a team that is better than you when you have a lead. You stay aggressive and try to run up the score.

There's no way that UAA would have been able to run up the score on DU.

With a 2-0 lead, they should have taken a page from UW/MTU/Cornell, etc and trapped the Pioneers until they could trap no more. :D

Put 4 guys on the blue line and don't even let them enter the zone.

I think Minny squeaks into the Final Five.

I think SCSU will be the one that chokes away a lead either today or tomorrow.

I thought UAA could have won that game. Did they sit back with the lead? If they did, that's why. You never sit back on a team that is better than you when you have a lead. You stay aggressive and try to run up the score.

Did you watch last night? It won't be squeaking into the Final Five, it'll be running over them again tonight on our way to a resounding sweep. Lets go Dawgz, and we'll see you in the play-in game!

Did you watch last night? It won't be squeaking into the Final Five, it'll be running over them again tonight on our way to a resounding sweep. Lets go Dawgz, and we'll see you in the play-in game!

you outplayed them as a whole but you won by a goal really with a EN goal. they were putting on pressure in that 3rd and the gophs did a solid job holding on. scsu wins tonight and game 3 tomorrow is a coin flip

resounding sweep :D

the gophs should have dropped 6 on scsu last night but didnt. i think a ot win tonight for scsu, maybe 4-3

you outplayed them as a whole but you won by a goal really with a EN goal. they were putting on pressure in that 3rd and the gophs did a solid job holding on. scsu wins tonight and game 3 tomorrow is a coin flip

I know it was close at times, but every time that SCSU tried to answer and get back in the game, we put in another goal to get some separation. For once, we played DEFENSE, and Kangas didn't totally suck. The 2nd goal he let in was a little weak, but understandable.

What makes you think that SCSU gets the win tonight? Not trying to be a d**k about it or anything, just wondering. I mean, they haven't beaten us all year, I don't see why that changes now. I think we'll come out and get a goal quick, and they'll be flat the rest of the game. That Stoa/Schroeder/Barriball line was killer last night, and the other lines also contributed a lot of offense as well. Our defenders finally didn't all crash the net and stayed back a little bit, preventing breakaways and odd-man rushes. I like the way we played yesterday, and I think we can beat a lot of teams playing like that.

I know it was close at times, but every time that SCSU tried to answer and get back in the game, we put in another goal to get some separation. For once, we played DEFENSE, and Kangas didn't totally suck. The 2nd goal he let in was a little weak, but understandable.

What makes you think that SCSU gets the win tonight? Not trying to be a d**k about it or anything, just wondering. I mean, they haven't beaten us all year, I don't see why that changes now. I think we'll come out and get a goal quick, and they'll be flat the rest of the game. That Stoa/Schroeder/Barriball line was killer last night, and the other lines also contributed a lot of offense as well. Our defenders finally didn't all crash the net and stayed back a little bit, preventing breakaways and odd-man rushes. I like the way we played yesterday, and I think we can beat a lot of teams playing like that.

what makes me think that? no reason other than i thought it would go 3 games. if you win then congrats and then you get to play in a play in game and get beat by gthe dawgz !! :D

they played good vs a crappy scsu team. thats one thing we can agree on but it is the playoffs and any team wkith roe and lasch is neevr done until they are done

Um...not trying to be a b*tch, but Minnesota arrogance has no place in the WCHA. Anyone can win on any given night, which is the point. It's the playoffs, anything can happen. The hardest thing to do is end a team's season, and SCSU is desperate and they will give everything they have to keep playing. We'll see how it goes. :D

what makes me think that? no reason other than i thought it would go 3 games. if you win then congrats and then you get to play in a play in game and get beat by gthe dawgz !! :D

they played good vs a crappy scsu team. thats one thing we can agree on but it is the playoffs and any team wkith roe and lasch is neevr done until they are done

Well then I guess the better question in the first place would have been, what made you think 3 games in the first place? And what makes you think we will get beat by the Dawgz? They had a nice win last night, but before that they only got 1 point against us, and sucked against UAA.

SCSU is crappy, and I'll agree on Roe...but Lasch was a no factor last night, and I expect the same tonight. Gophers really keyed in on him.

Um...not trying to be a b*tch, but Minnesota arrogance has no place in the WCHA. Anyone can win on any given night, which is the point. It's the playoffs, anything can happen. The hardest thing to do is end a team's season, and SCSU is desperate and they will give everything they have to keep playing. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Historically, it's not usually too hard for teams to end SCSU's seasons :D

Well then I guess the better question in the first place would have been, what made you think 3 games in the first place? And what makes you think we will get beat by the Dawgz? They had a nice win last night, but before that they only got 1 point against us, and sucked against UAA.

SCSU is crappy, and I'll agree on Roe...but Lasch was a no factor last night, and I expect the same tonight. Gophers really keyed in on him.

Historically, it's not usually too hard for teams to end SCSU's seasons :D

well since kangas has sucked since his meltdown and the teams meltdown in grand forks a blind man could see the gophs dont strike much fear into many top teams but then this is scsu and they arent to good as we all know but have dangerous players. i thought it could be a shootout either way with scsu and your team. it still could go 3, you have no idea like i dont on how it will play out. the gophs could win this tonight as easy as they could lose it. hope its a good game to watch. i have no clue how the final 5 will play out , just givin ya chit but i do think its funny after 2 games after getting lit up vs the worst team out there in tech all gophs fans think all is good in dinkytown. you have work to do even if you win tonight to get in ncaa's as im sure most normal gopher fans would realize

lasch can disapear, he had a assist last night but roe showed up with 2 goals

I watched most of the third period of the Gopher game last night. I posted about it on the thread where it is more relevant. I thought MN was hanging on in the third...Little Balls' goal was nice, but it was an island of Gopher offense that was surrounded by SCSU outplaying MN. RJ ANderson played the game of his life lsat night. I do not believe that was the real Gopher defensive corps.

As for UMD. They are hungry, but CC is the better team. Olympic ice, altitude...if it goes 3 games fatigue will be a factor.

well since kangas has sucked since his meltdown and the teams meltdown in grand forks a blind man could see the gophs dont strike much fear into many top teams but then this is scsu and they arent to good as we all know but have dangerous players. i thought it could be a shootout either way with scsu and your team. it still could go 3, you have no idea like i dont on how it will play out. the gophs could win this tonight as easy as they could lose it. hope its a good game to watch. i have no clue how the final 5 will play out , just givin ya chit but i do think its funny after 2 games after getting lit up vs the worst team out there in tech all gophs fans think all is good in dinkytown. you have work to do even if you win tonight to get in ncaa's as im sure most normal gopher fans would realize

I don't think any of us truly think all is good in Dinkytown, but I do think that all isn't lost ya know? We definitely have work to do and the ship is not righted, but we seem to be getting a little bit closer to doing so, which isn't saying much because many of us thought that ship to be sunk :D

I feel like the big big big factor in tonight's game will be the home ice. Mariucci gives the Gophs such a big advantage, especially if we can get on the board early. Tonight I have...

GOPHERS 5 (ENG)

SCSU 2

Stoa, Schroeder, Hoeffel, Fairchild, Stoa (ENG)

I watched most of the third period of the Gopher game last night. I posted about it on the thread where it is more relevant. I thought MN was hanging on in the third...Little Balls' goal was nice, but it was an island of Gopher offense that was surrounded by SCSU outplaying MN. RJ ANderson played the game of his life lsat night. I do not believe that was the real Gopher defensive corps.

As for UMD. They are hungry, but CC is the better team. Olympic ice, altitude...if it goes 3 games fatigue will be a factor.

The 3rd period was the worst period of the 3 for us. Barriball's goal was SWEET, but I think we did play a rather defensive style once we got up 3-1. I DO believe that was the real Gopher D corps...that was the D from the start of the season. Couple that with the fact that they decided to stay at home and not crash the net/sink in and be worthless, and you have many less breakaways and odd-man rushes, which is what was killing our D.