SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of us truly think all is good in Dinkytown, but I do think that all isn't lost ya know? We definitely have work to do and the ship is not righted, but we seem to be getting a little bit closer to doing so, which isn't saying much because many of us thought that ship to be sunk :D

I feel like the big big big factor in tonight's game will be the home ice. Mariucci gives the Gophs such a big advantage, especially if we can get on the board early. Tonight I have...

GOPHERS 5 (ENG)

SCSU 2

Stoa, Schroeder, Hoeffel, Fairchild, Stoa (ENG)

i hear ya, what a pathetic crowd for mariucci last night. sad really for a team needing all the support after such a crappy finish to the season. theres enough people in the cities to go to that plus the highschool hockey tourney

i hear ya, what a pathetic crowd for mariucci last night. sad really for a team needing all the support after such a crappy finish to the season. theres enough people in the cities to go to that plus the highschool hockey tourney

Last night was not good. But Friday crowds tend to struggle compared to Saturday crowds. I have Saturday season tickets, but bought one for yesterday. All the cheers and such we tried to do from the front row that are usually pretty good on Saturdays, SUCKED. The student section isn't even as close to as good Fridays.

Rules that were broken:

1. Do not start a Gopher reject or junior college chant when the game is tied or we are only up 1 in one of the first 2 periods...that's just stupid

2. F the Huskies...only heard it once, but F the anybody is stupid and shows zero creativity. Lucia already sent a nice email to all the students after the Friday crowd had a little too much F the Badgers a few weeks ago. (great email by the way)

3. Husky women chant...great to do every now and then, stop trying to start it all the time

:D

I'm glad Gopherz understands the rules of the chant...I saw the wheels on your house chant and Gopher reject chant against DU recently, maybe last year?...DU is a $36k a year private school, I doubt many of their current or former student body is WT. Also, DU is every bit as successful a program as UMN, especially of late, so the reject chant doesn't really work there either.

Reject Chant is awesome vs: UMD, Mankato, SCSU

Wheels on your house chant can be used against probably all teams except DU, CC and WI

If you can't get into college chant is great for SCSU and Mankato

I'm glad Gopherz understands the rules of the chant...I saw the wheels on your house chant and Gopher reject chant against DU recently, maybe last year?...DU is a $36k a year private school, I doubt many of their current or former student body is WT. Also, DU is every bit as successful a program as UMN, especially of late, so the reject chant doesn't really work there either.

Reject Chant is awesome vs: UMD, Mankato, SCSU

Wheels on your house chant can be used against probably all teams except DU, CC and WI

If you can't get into college chant is great for SCSU and Mankato

If you can't get into college go to state *clap clap*

If you can't get into college, cuz you just don't have the knowledge

If you wanna drive a plow go to state *clap clap*

If you wanna drive a plow, and you've got a uni-brow

If you can't get into college, cuz you just don't have the knowledge

If you wanna drive a plow, and you've got a uni-brow

I see nothing wrong with plowing. Tractors are sweet! Heh.

Last night was not good. But Friday crowds tend to struggle compared to Saturday crowds. I have Saturday season tickets, but bought one for yesterday. All the cheers and such we tried to do from the front row that are usually pretty good on Saturdays, SUCKED. The student section isn't even as close to as good Fridays.

Rules that were broken:

1. Do not start a Gopher reject or junior college chant when the game is tied or we are only up 1 in one of the first 2 periods...that's just stupid

2. F the Huskies...only heard it once, but F the anybody is stupid and shows zero creativity. Lucia already sent a nice email to all the students after the Friday crowd had a little too much F the Badgers a few weeks ago. (great email by the way)

3. Husky women chant...great to do every now and then, stop trying to start it all the time

:D

I agree the "F the anybody" chant is stupid and shows zero creativity but you gotta admit when it's F...the Gophers resonating off the walls of the Ralph it does have a pretty sweet ring to it. :D

And what makes you think we will get beat by the Dawgz?

I definately could see that happening. UMD is pretty good and they won't be playing you at the John either.

Plus they will have 3000-4000 sioux fans cheering them on. :D

Question? in your opinion if UND finishes better then Denver at the final five it still wouldn't be enough to pass them and gain #1 seed, honestly I think we stand a better chance with a two seed, but that's my opinion.

if we finish higher than them at the final five we would in all liklihood flip that comparison. does that mean we'd pass them in the pairwise-not necessarily. we would still have to either win one more comparison or du would have to lose one for us to get into a tie with them or pass them. if we have the same amount of comparison wins as DU whoever has the higher rpi would get the tiebreaker. that's what makes tonight's game that much more important. if we lose tonight we have absolutely no shot at a number one seed as our rpi will take a HUGE hit.

question for pwr peeps

if uaa loses tonight and falls from the TUC and duluth wins can duluth tie the gophers even if gophers win? but i guess uaa may hang in as a TUC with a loss

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/

man if umd does win tonight and gophs do as well they would have play in game, that game could really be a ncaa birth game and loser may go home. man this is gona be fun to watch play out

two things that could help WCHA bubble teams-Cornell is about ready to play itself out of the tournament and ohio state with another loss tonight will probably fall on the wrong side of the bubble which could leave cc,um,umd,wisc and our nemesis bc all lurking to make the tourney.

Question: What is the H2H tie breaker in the PWR. I'm asking because SS has Northeastern at #5 and us at #6 while USCHO has us at #5 and Northeastern #6.

I thought I read somewhere that the head to head comparison breaks the tie, but also have heard that RPI is used. Which one is it?

Question: What is the H2H tie breaker in the PWR. I'm asking because SS has Northeastern at #5 and us at #6 while USCHO has us at #5 and Northeastern #6.

I thought I read somewhere that the head to head comparison breaks the tie, but also have heard that RPI is used. Which one is it?

I had the same question. See vindy's post in this thread. The most compelling evidence, including actual seeding results from past years, suggests that USCHO is wrong, it's RPI. That's why I leave it as RPI here, though have no personal insight or knowledge beyond that.

See vindy's post in this thread. The most compelling evidence, including actual seeding results from past years, suggests that USCHO is wrong, it's RPI. That's why I leave it as RPI here, though have no personal insight or knowledge beyond that.

That seems right, unless there's games played between the teams in question. Then it's H2H. If it's a split then RPI.

I've got the basketball version of this figured out too. :D Just waiting for Lunardi to piss me off. :D