SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys keep saying that about Sconny last year - but it was a very controversial sellection - you cannot deny that - right?

Actually it was based on straight PWR rankings and if MSU-M had beaten UNO they would have gotten into the tourney.

Actually the Irish were the last team into the tourney last year. I mean it did look fishy at first but after you read all

the different scenarios that is why they went to the rule that you had to have a .500 record to make the NCAA tourney.

Because so many people complained about Wisconsin getting into the tourney. When they made it by the rules the NCAA

had established.

ok - so it was by the rules and NOT controversial - I'll keep quite

Originally I had thought it was and I went back and read into it more and the BADgers really

backed into the tourney last season. It was like all the planets aligned at just the right time.

ok - so it was by the rules and NOT controversial - I'll keep quite

The not getting it part wasn't meant for you but for the guy who keeps claiming the Gophers are somehow gonna get in regardless of the the PWR for money reasons. You were right, it was controversial enough that they changed the rules specifically to avoid that situation ever again.

The not getting it part wasn't meant for you but for the guy who keeps claiming the Gophers are somehow gonna get in regardless of the the PWR for money reasons. You were right, it was controversial enough that they changed the rules specifically to avoid that situation ever again.

what the conspiracy people fail to realize is that there have been over 7000 tickets already sold for this regional so the NCAA already has a good chunk of money for this regional. this will be probably the best drawing regional whether the goophs are in it or not.

^And considering the John only holds 10K, they don't have a lot of tickets that might go unsold. Now, if we're counting empty seats, that might be something altogether different.

that is another story, but than that is just people wasting money-which won't affect the $$$ the ncaa makes.

PW gurus,

If Bemidji State wins their conference tourney this weekend that won't help the Sioux in the PW, correct? IIRC conf tournament winners do not automatically become TUCs anymore (I think that changed a year or two ago).

PW gurus,

If Bemidji State wins their conference tourney this weekend that won't help the Sioux in the PW, correct? IIRC conf tournament winners do not automatically become TUCs anymore (I think that changed a year or two ago).

not sure but i dont think it will hurt the sioux much

what the conspiracy people fail to realize is that there have been over 7000 tickets already sold for this regional so the NCAA already has a good chunk of money for this regional. this will be probably the best drawing regional whether the goophs are in it or not.

really - do you suppose that it may be on the assumtion that the gophs will be there?

Even if that is true - no more will be sold and 1/2 those presales won't show up if the ucci group isn't there

oh - and when was the last time the host team did not particpate and what was the attendance to support that last statement? - just curious

really - do you suppose that it may be on the assumtion that the gophs will be there?

Even if that is true - no more will be sold and 1/2 those presales won't show up if the ucci group isn't there

who cares if half dont show if the gophs dont make it as thr tickets have been paid for already. thats all that matters. they will stick the sioux there to fill it up anyhow :D

should the gophers not make it like I said the NCAA won't care one way or the other if those people show up or not as they will already have their money.

oh OK - good to know

so are you saying even if ther gophers lose to scsu they will end up in the ncaa tourney because they will get special favors :D ? or just referring to the uw situation last year? im pretty sure that pairwise gurus have figured out the gophs losing to scsu would end thier season and they may even need a play in game win. just wondering :D

go sioux!!!!!!!!

so are you saying even if ther gophers lose to scsu they will end up in the ncaa tourney because they will get special favors :D ? or just referring to the uw situation last year? im pretty sure that pairwise gurus have figured out the gophs losing to scsu would end thier season and they may even need a play in game win. just wondering

go sioux!!!!!!!!

what I was replying to is it is good to know that NCAA won't care if the host team is not there as they already have sold 70% of the tickets based on the assumtion that they will be and they have their money

what I was replying to is it is good to know that NCAA won't care if the host team is not there as they already have sold 70% of the tickets based on the assumtion that they will be and they have their money

the ncaa has no control of the gophers sucking the last 3 months :D if they win their series they can hold onto the 13-14 seed, if they lsoe they are done and done :D and they shouldnt care if the seats have been sold!

the ncaa has no control of the gophers sucking the last 3 months :D if they win their series they can hold onto the 13-14 seed, if they lsoe they are done and done :D and they shouldnt care if the seats have been sold!

your right - I guess I'm in a mood today. too many 4a-2p work days (have to go to bed soon) - too many years in metropolitan minnesota and all the damn arrogant goph fans that fail to realize all the advantages that come with an area of 3 million people

think I'll move

With all the talk about the Gophers, here's a PWR chart for them. Yes, I too am disturbed that splitting then winning the rubber match is about the same as sweeping. The difference between the two is very slight, so my best guess is that it's important to help SCSU stay a TUC so UMN can get TUC credit for its then-to-be 6-1 record against SCSU. :D

umnMar16.png

Gophers need to go 4-1 or better in my opinion to make it pretty much by merit. Some weird things could happen and they could miss at 4-1 or some stranger stuff could go down and put them in even with a with a series loss to SCSU.

We will have a pretty good idea before Final Five. Especially if the Gophers don't make it.

Gophers need to go 4-1 or better in my opinion to make it pretty much by merit. Some weird things could happen and they could miss at 4-1 or some stranger stuff could go down and put them in even with a with a series loss to SCSU.

We will have a pretty good idea before Final Five. Especially if the Gophers don't make it.

Final 5 here we come...win tomorrow, I guarantee it.