SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS FRIDAY

BudLight

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible game. I have to admit that I fully expected the Gophers to kick the home teams azz tonight. I was obviously pleasantly surprised. I've not seen a Sioux team play with that kind of hop, that level of intensity, for a long, long time. There simply was no contest from the opening drop of the puck.

But you've really got to quit all the hating on Stoa: that is a very, very talented hockey player. He's got the size, the hands and the speed to be a real force at the next level. He is deserving of every word of praise heaped on him.

I'm thinking Saturday will be a lot closer checking, a lot chippier game. The gloves will drop and we might see some DQs. If this is the real Sioux team I wonder why the heck Hakstol kept it under wraps for three months.

The issue isn't if Stoa is talented or not, it's that he's a punk. And I don't have a problem with people pointing that out. Stoa is a prime example of why there is such an intense dislike for the Gophers around the league; not just in Grand Forks. It's amazing to watch how cheap and classless they get when they are getting their butts handed to them. And if they are winning, they resort to the jersey-popping and the obsessive celebration dances on the ice. They bring all of this on themselves and then turn around and accuse fans of other teams of "being jealous of their program". So if our fans are "hating" on Ryan Stoa, it's because Mr. Stoa brought it on himself.

The Sioux team that showed up Friday night is the same one we saw beat CC on Friday night in Colorado College. The Sioux played fantastic that night and it was only a spectacular game by Bachmann that kept that one to a 3-1 Sioux victory. The question is where has that Sioux team been for the past two months? Great game against the Gophers. I had an uneasy feeling going into the game, but the Sioux played well. If history is any indicator, expect the Gophers to get dirt cheap on Saturday night and plenty of scrums and penalties to result.

WOW, nothing more to say. from puck drop that was a total azz kicking to the T.............GO SIOUX, WOOP THESE GUYS UP AGAIN TOMORROW

if kangas isnt there in the first we drop a 10 spot on the rodents, i mean the umTC jv club team tonight

finish tomorrow and get those 2 points to tie the gophers in the wcha race

SIDE NOTE - who were the 4 hotties right over the gophers penalty box dancing all night long on eachother. dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

very nice :angry:

Dude, they were about 50 feet from my seats. Great entertainmnet in between play. 2 of the 4 were absolute knockouts! Hope they are back tonight!

Had the game gone on a couple more period and alcohol became a bigger factor, we could have had a "Girls Gone Wild" moment!

Great game and awesome atmosphere. Sioux finally played with some passion and the result was a dominating performance.

E still gives up too many juicy rebounds and is out of position on occasion, but at least he wasn't Kangas-like! :angry:

Stoa was UM's best player all night but is alittle chirpy and chippy for wearing a "C". Was watching Ness too. Actually thought he would be better from all the hype.

Got alittle concerned when Hak had them come out in the "prevent defense" to start the 3rd. I understand that philosophy, but when the boys are sticking down the Goph's throats, why take the foot off the gas?

Can't say anything but each Sioux up and down the lineup was either solid or great last night. Was a real treat to be at the game!

Great, I'm on an island in Alaska with the worst internet connection ever, so I can't even watch the games on line! But, I do appreciate members on this forum for the great replays!

That's because plumbing and sunlight have to come first!!

PS: Save the baby seals!

Incredible game. I have to admit that I fully expected the Gophers to kick the home teams azz tonight. I was obviously pleasantly surprised. I've not seen a Sioux team play with that kind of hop, that level of intensity, for a long, long time. There simply was no contest from the opening drop of the puck.

But you've really got to quit all the hating on Stoa: that is a very, very talented hockey player. He's got the size, the hands and the speed to be a real force at the next level. He is deserving of every word of praise heaped on him.

I'm thinking Saturday will be a lot closer checking, a lot chippier game. The gloves will drop and we might see some DQs. If this is the real Sioux team I wonder why the heck Hakstol kept it under wraps for three months.

As I said earlier, Stoa is also worthy of a good old fashioned Hextall attitude adjustment. I will be shocked if he is a willing combatant though as Gophers with any fortitude are a rarity.

As I said earlier, Stoa is also worthy of a good old fashioned Hextall attitude adjustment. I will be shocked if he is a willing combatant though as Gophers with any fortitude are a rarity.

I think the best payback for Stoa and his band of furry rodents would be to shove seven or eight pucks past Kangas tonight and take all 4 points from them on the weekend. THEN do it again in the Final Five on their "home ice". THEN do it again in the Western NCAA Regional. ;-)

stoa was trying to be a leader, unfortunately that is not a strong suit of the goofer program. if you want to stand up for your team, do it while the guy is face to face. don't cross check him in the head while he is laying on the ice. i can't wait for tonight. i am waiting to see if any of the goofers are man enough to drop em and show what their made of. GO SIOUX! get the sweep tonight!!

As good as things turned out

As much as we dominated them

We were still snake bit as far as scoring

The shots on goal in the 1st were easily double - if you count the ones, barely not on goal

It could have easily of been 10 Sioux to 0 Goophs & maybe 20 to 3 after two

But I don't want to get greedy :angry: - But it was that exciting & really that would not have been unreal

Normally I would have been more focused on a lot of the Gooph players - It was so one sided & so fast of a pace, that it was like a buzz saw :huh:

I think the best payback for Stoa and his band of furry rodents would be to shove seven or eight pucks past Kangas tonight and take all 4 points from them on the weekend. THEN do it again in the Final Five on their "home ice". THEN do it again in the Western NCAA Regional. ;-)

Bingo.Get em where it hurts and that is on the scoreboard and put em back in their holes where they belong.

What happened to that gopherz clown that was posting smack on this board. He seems pretty quiet right now......

no kidding. i was looking forward to that 10-0 shut out the gophers were supposed to have last night :angry:

In all seriousness, anyone that was predicting a gopher sweep is lacking some brain cells. In fact, the last time ANY team swept us at home was way back in 2006 against wisco. hopefully tonight has the same result as last night! :huh:

I don't think any goofer player is going to go toe to toe with any SIOUX player during Saturday's game.

The last time a goofer player tried going toe to toe with a SIOUX player in the Ralph, the goofer ended up with a broken nose.

So it goes that every time there is somebody getting their arse kicked in a fight, Minnesota is always involved and is on the receiving end.

Great game last night.

Let's Go SIOUX!!!!