SiouxSports.com Forum

If it ain't broke........

SiouxForever

I blame Hak for this loss. I am sick of him changing the lines every night, how do you develop any type of consistency with your lines? I know what he is doing, he is giving everyone a chance to get some ice time now and try somethings out, and hopefully everyone will be ready to go with the season really starts after Christmas, like he has been doing the last four years, but when tonight would of been a huge win, why not leave your line up the exact same the night before, with the exception of blood playing (I had no problem with him getting time)? I mean it doesn't take that bright of a hockey expert to see how bad kozek and malone and watty play when they have new lines every night, you can through in zajac too, when these players have different lines game in and game out, they can't develop let alone sustain any consistency. This is a joke to me, but hey I am no Hak, nor the coach. He's done this before in the past, I am just having a hard time seeing this night go to waste....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame Hak for this loss. I am sick of his changes the lines every night, how do you develop any type of consistency with your lines? I know what he is doing, he is giving everyone a chance to get sometime ice time now and try somethings out, and hopefully everyone will be ready to go with the season really starts after Christmas, like he has been doing the last four years, but when tonight would of been a huge win, why not leave your line up the exact same the night before, with the exception of blood playing (I had no problem with him getting time)? I mean it doesn't take to bright of a hockey expert to see how bad kozek and malone and watty play when they have new lines every night, you can through in zajac too, when these players have different lines game in and game out, they can't develop let alone sustain any consistency. This is a joke to me, but hey I am no Hak, nor the coach. He's done this before in the past, I am just having a hard time seeing they night go to waste....

I would have put in Toews in the lineup but left Lammy in the game and taken an unproductive forward out.

LOL. It's the coach's fault; he shouldn't have changed the lineup. Except Blood. Oh, and except Toews.

How many posts until we hear UND lost because Mario didn't play?

They lost because Cornell is good and played a nasty physical game (and held a lot), and all those bounces that went UND's way last night didn't tonight.

LOL. It's the coach's fault; he shouldn't have changed the lineup. Except Blood. Oh, and except Toews.

How many posts until we hear UND lost because Mario didn't play?

They lost because Cornell is good and played a nasty physical game (and held a lot), and all those bounces that went UND's way last night didn't tonight.

that and our passing sucked, we looked lost, had no chemistry and once again couldn't score.

Pretty sure chemistry starts with the right lines together, just like mentioned.... enough said!

This is a very mediocre Sioux team....I root for the Sioux as much as anyone but there qill be no sudden flip of the switch in the 2nd half this year. This team is missing the top talent teams in the past have had. There is noa a go to guy ala a Parise, Toews, Osh, Panzer and on and on like we have had in the past. Duncan is a good player but depends on others to get his shot off and there is not enough talent on his line to allow him to get space.

This is a very mediocre Sioux team....I root for the Sioux as much as anyone but there qill be no sudden flip of the switch in the 2nd half this year. This team is missing the top talent teams in the past have had. There is noa a go to guy ala a Parise, Toews, Osh, Panzer and on and on like we have had in the past. Duncan is a good player but depends on others to get his shot off and there is not enough talent on his line to allow him to get space.

we get it.... you've said this like 20 million times. Tell me something I haven't heard from you.

That's OK. Blais and Hak couldn't get us a title with any of those guys except Panzer. The teams that won the last two NCs were closer to what we have now. Not that having a Parise or Toews isn't a true pleasure, but we've won more titles without elite stars than with. Only '87 is an obvious exception. We lack authority at D, though (at both ends of the ice), and I hope Joe's return can change that. It is easy to overlook how much the forwards have to play defense, especially if we do not control our own defensive zone well.

That's OK. Blais and Hak couldn't get us a title with any of those guys except Panzer. The teams that won the last two NCs were closer to what we have now. Not that having a Parise or Toews isn't a true pleasure, but we've won more titles without elite stars than with. Only '87 is an obvious exception. We lack authority at D, though (at both ends of the ice), and I hope Joe's return can change that. It is easy to overlook how much the forwards have to play defense, especially if we do not control our own defensive zone well.

Im afraid by the time Joe gets back it will be too late.

that and our passing sucked, we looked lost, had no chemistry and once again couldn't score.

Not to mention hesitation... and shooting the puck in the same spot repeatedly...

I swear to god I saw Scrivens doing his homework while waiting for a shot to actually get to him.

Genoway from the point in the center of the rink 20 different times.. YOu think Genoway would recognize that Cornell was DEFENDING AGAINST THAT!

Folks, we brought the puck in point blank range three times. Guess what happens. Scrivens made a great save on Kozek on #1. #2 was the disallowed goal. #3 was Hextall's goal.

Folks, we're not going to score goals from the point! We have to collapse the defense towards the net!

Oh, and one timers always work.

A lot of pass..holdhold..pass...holdhold...pass..holdshoot(blocked)...etc.

Cornell scored their second goal on a blocked cleared attempt, hesitatepassshoot(GOAL!). I saw none of that from the Sioux last night.

I'm all for peppering the goaltender with shots provided you make the shots from different parts of the offensive zone and that you do so with some randomness. The longer you hesitate with the puck, the more of a chance the D has to get in position.

Yeah, Cornell's Defense sure was solid. And defensively, the Sioux did not play very poorly... well not counting the fact that our powerplay has to be the worst in the NCAA. We lost because our offense didn't show up and we couldn't pass to save our lives.

This is what I remember about the '97 and '00 championship teams of nobodies: Dean Blais commenting endlessly that the teams weren't very talented, that they had to work for everything they got. I don't know: I thought Scorin' Goren, Jason Blake, the Hoogsteens and the Panzer brothers were very talented but they worked their butts off, too. The chemistry Jeffy had with Ulmer (another brother of another brother) was magical. Curse you, Don Lucia, I still say Panzer was robbed of the Hobey, no matter how well Miller has done since as a pro.

I just laugh at you people sometimes. Hockey is not this complex game like you all make it out to be. The hard working team does not always win the game it requires talent that is willing to work hard to win. Chemistry is what Hak is testing by moving the lines around, maybe he's not the hockey genuises that you people are and he doesn't see chemistry in the lines. Genoway does shoot everytime he touches the puck. The powerplay is bad. And guess what we lost because of a lucky bounce last night. Hextall getting moved to line 4 probably motivated him to try harder. These kids don't mope around when the lines get switched they try to work harder.

Jason Blake and Jeff Panzer were elite college players. The Sioux don't have that this year. Gregoire might turn into that guy, but he ain't there now.