SiouxSports.com Forum

Time for the Fire Hakstol thread

Goon

then explain why other teams start good ? i respect your opinion and im not saying that being a jerk but i dont agreebut i hear ya. the sioux havent played poorly 4 years in a row up until x-mas break. slower starts? sure they were but they also werent poor by any means. this stretch they are on now is poor. i think things will turn around and have confidence in hak and the staff but its hard to see any positives the last 2 weekends. who the hell knows why they seem to turn it around after x-mas break under hak. its very odd to see but he can coach and i think this years team will show that in the end. we have a long season ahead which is great and lets just hope they can find some chemistry in practice this week that leads to the games vs BIG RED

as to your question does hak push a magic button? lets hope he still has it i the office if so :lol:

oh well, it makes for great message board spit and at the end of the day......... long live fighting sioux hockey

I am guessing that most other teams may not have such an intense conditioning schedule, especially in the first half. i agree that this season seems a little worse than previous, but i still know what they are capable of, and if chemistry is found then this team will be an absolute force. It will take time and hopefully things will turnaround again.

Maybe this is all part of Haks plan to get everybody to doubt him, and just when everybody is ready to count them out he "flicks that switch" or "pushes that button" and they start playing like we all know they should.

And i couldnt agree more with your last line!!!

PS. I think we all gotta relax and SUPPORT the Sioux right now, and not criticize them whenever we get the chance.

GO SIOUX and i love you all...... except you Gopherz

XOXO

Aussie Sioux Fan

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, a few days off is the perfect cure for muscle fatigue. And i think there is a reason behind the slow starts for the last 3-4 seasons, there is to much consistency and a clear pattern is shown hence there must be a reason behind it.

so you are obviously saying that hak must run a complete different program that any coach in the nation ? we have only played 12 games this year so far and i hope to god the guys arent fatigued already. that would be a very very bad sign if so. i dont think that but am just saying. isnt the break from late april to september long enough to get ready for a college hockey season or am i missing your point here and if i am than my bad? they simply arent good right now and have a great opportunity to get 2 big wins vs the #2 team in the pairwise rankings so lets hope they start turning the corner friday night!!

I think the potential is there for a strong team. They just need to change up the lines and maybe rotate the 3rd and 4th line a bit more. Put in the guys that have been sitting and give them a chance. Let Lamoureaux and Davidson play say maybe every 2nd game and give them a chance to prove themselves too. It certainly couldn't be any worse than what we have now

A team can have all the talent in the world, but without team chemistry, it can have serious issues. I have no idea what this team's chemistry is, but judging by the product that has been put forth on the ice, it doesn't appear to be very good. It is serious gut check time and the next few games will be very telling. Teams with chemistry/character find a way to feed off each other and pull it together. Teams without chemistry/character tend to finger point and blame each other (maybe not in public) which can cause things to get worse. Here's hoping we have a team with chemistry/character that will get it together, find some offense and get back on the winning track!! Let's loosen the grip on the stick a bit, find the back of the net and SWEEP CORNELL!!! Go, SIOUX!

Exactly, a few days off is the perfect cure for muscle fatigue. And i think there is a reason behind the slow starts for the last 3-4 seasons, there is to much consistency and a clear pattern is shown hence there must be a reason behind it.

And in the spirit of that pattern, I plan on showing up for one game over the Thanksgiving holiday, not both. :lol:

so you are obviously saying that hak must run a complete different program that any coach in the nation ? we have only played 12 games this year so far and i hope to god the guys arent fatigued already. that would be a very very bad sign if so. i dont think that but am just saying. isnt the break from late april to september long enough to get ready for a college hockey season or am i missing your point here and if i am than my bad? they simply arent good right now and have a great opportunity to get 2 big wins vs the #2 team in the pairwise rankings so lets hope they start turning the corner friday night!!

No, not necessarily, but he could be running the most intense program. I think i am explaining it wrong, but the best way to put it is this, think of herb brooks in miracle, He worked the players so hard until they hit breaking point, then started to ease the load off. that brings teams together and builds chemistry, and i think it is entirely possible that is what hak does, Somebody has to have the most intense program in college hockey and it very well could be Haks program. I am NOT saying fatigue could be the reason they are playing POORLY, but it could be the reason why there is no intensity during games, why there is no intense forecheck, why there is no big hitting because MAYBE the players could be tired and fatigued.

Time to resurrect this thread again. The blew it for a third weekend in a row.

Bottom line the top end talent is not there. VV is a checking line player. Watkins is not a scorer. Kozek and Duncan need a playmaker to set them up to score. Our D is soft and has no offensive ability other than Genoway and Miller who give that up by being liabilities defensively. We need Big Joe to stabilize the D and LaPoint or Marto should sit in favor of Finehage every game at least he will take a body. Lapoint and Marto have to be two of the softest D-men I have ever seen wear a Sioux uniform.

Bottom line the top end talent is not there. VV is a checking line player. Watkins is not a scorer. Kozek and Duncan need a playmaker to set them up to score. Our D is soft and has no offensive ability other than Genoway and Miller who give that up by being liabilities defensively. We need Big Joe to stabilize the D and LaPoint or Marto should sit in favor of Finehage every game at least he will take a body. Lapoint and Marto have to be two of the softest D-men I have ever seen wear a Sioux uniform.

Agree with everthing other than I think Marto has good skills but is just playing so poorly that he resembles a shorter LaPoint!

i think joe is a huge factor in all of this overall. hope he is back by the new year which would be great for this team. does miller go back to forward? i would assume so but i guess who the hell knows as blood sat this weekend a game and has been one of the best defenders we have behind zach jones. with joe back that brings 3 solid defensive d men with joe throwing in a few asissts here and there. finehage and blood would be nice to see both games this weekend. this freshman class is very good as a whole. genoway and miller are the 2 players that can make things happen on the blueline offensive wise and they have shown that. lets hope the guys can put it together offensively for 2 games vs the smaaat kids.. GO SIOUX

No, not necessarily, but he could be running the most intense program. I think i am explaining it wrong, but the best way to put it is this, think of herb brooks in miracle, He worked the players so hard until they hit breaking point, then started to ease the load off. that brings teams together and builds chemistry, and i think it is entirely possible that is what hak does, Somebody has to have the most intense program in college hockey and it very well could be Haks program. I am NOT saying fatigue could be the reason they are playing POORLY, but it could be the reason why there is no intensity during games, why there is no intense forecheck, why there is no big hitting because MAYBE the players could be tired and fatigued.

I don't think that they are "tired and fatigued". I think that Jackson has brought in a watered down version on how he wants Sioux Hockey to be played. I just don't plain like it. The defense needs to step out of their flip flops and start hitting people!!! This isn't Sioux Hockey - it's Flickertail hockey. Break out the pink dresses. :glare:

I don't think that they are "tired and fatigued". I think that Jackson has brought in a watered down version on how he wants Sioux Hockey to be played. I just don't plain like it. The defense needs to step out of their flip flops and start hitting people!!! This isn't Sioux Hockey - it's Flickertail hockey. Break out the pink dresses. :glare:

Not sure but I believe Eades coaches the defense.

That and the banner that some genius came up with that shows UND's NCAA "appearances". They have not played consistently since I noticed that banner. :glare:

The Banners are very SCSU like. I thought that was an unneeded touch.