SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ COLORADO COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

The season has just begun but we need to get back to some basics first and then I think we can turn this ship around.

Right now we are 2-4. If I think optimistically we split at CC, we sweep UAA, we split at Duluth, we sweep Cornell and we split with St Cloud. That puts us at 9-7 going into Christmas break when we play in the GLI. I'd be happy with that.

What do you think?

I don't think we match up well at all this coming weekend. I agree with the rest. Plus we sweep Harvard the first weekend in Dec. I got us at 10-8 at the break.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always say split on the road in the WCHA but if you win friday then that theory is out the window :lol: then it is sweep time. if the sioux grab 2 points in the springs that will be nice. was thinking of heading to the springs for these games but i dont think its gona happen. oh well. go sioux. hope big joe is back in the lineup

I don't think we match up well at all this coming weekend. I agree with the rest. Plus we sweep Harvard the first weekend in Dec. I got us at 10-8 at the break.

I would be fine with that with the teams on that schedule.

Plus, if we can sneak a game out of CC, that could be 11-7.

Let's hope they can do it.

I forgot about the Harvard series but I'd hope for split there too.

So we'd be 11-9 at the break.

I'm not expecting much.

Right now, our offense isn't finishing even when we're given many many opportunities.

I know we all hate the "hot goaltender" excuse, but I can't think of a hotter goaltender than Bachman. The dude is just solid.

CC is just as fast as we are.

Not sure about the transition game, who that favors.

I'd be happy with a split.

Eidsness is very young and he plays like a freshman. I think he'll develop into a fine goaltender.

I want to steal 4 points from CC, absolutely, but I don't expect anything.

I'm not expecting much.

Right now, our offense isn't finishing even when we're given many many opportunities.

I know we all hate the "hot goaltender" excuse, but I can't think of a hotter goaltender than Bachman. The dude is just solid.

Eidsness is very young and he plays like a freshman. I think he'll develop into a fine goaltender.

You know... if you think about it, with low expectations, you'll be even more excited if those low expectations are exceeded :lol:

Personally, I won't be surprised either way. I was hoping finley would be back b/c let's face it... chay needs him. so it'll be interesting to see if we can finish on some of our scoring opportunities we've had. because they've been there, we just can't complete them. cc's brick wall, bachman, will be tough to crack though. we shall see.

Oh, and if jason gregoire wants to continue to score goals, that'd be excellent. :D

If the predictability of the Sioux from the years under Hakstol follows form, they will lose on Friday, then dress in their Black jerseys for Saturday and hopefully win under an almost must-win situation. It would be much easier on Sioux fans if they would win on Friday like they seem to do at home. Either way, a split to remain in contact with the leaders is necessary. The Sioux will have shots at both them and Minnesota later in the year at home, when hopefully they find their stride again.

I'm not expecting much.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: This league is full of good goaltenders. Kangas, Bachman, Zacharaias, ect. Every year there is maybe one or two teams that have goaltending issues and that's about it. If you want to hoist the MacNaughton Cup in early March, if you want to hoist the Broadmoor Trophy in the Xcel Energy Center in mid-March and if you want to contend for the National Championship in April, you have to learn how to score goals on good goaltending. Overall, goaltending has gotten better and better across the board over the past 15-20 years. If we keep using the "hot goaltender" excuse over and over again, it will get in our player's heads and they'll have a mental block to overcome (which is a lot harder than anything else).

The Rodents scored 5 goals on Connelly and Minnesota isn't as explosive as they historically have been. Denver also didn't have trouble scoring on the Badgers a couple of weeks back. We had a lot of nice, juicy rebounds last weekend that we didn't take advantage of. Hennessey tried to go into "hot goaltender" mode in his post-game with Hak on Saturday, and Hak wouldn't go there. I have been critical of Hakstol on some things, but I give him credit for not allowing this to become an excuse and a mental millstone around the necks of our players. I think this team has the potential to be something special, but it will take time. A split this weekend would be a solid outcome and I wouldn't be disappointed by it.

Prediction: SPLIT

Friday: CC 5, UND 2

Saturday: UND 4, CC 2 (ENG)

GO SIOUX!!!

For those who keep hoping for Finley's comeback, Hakstol was on with Tim and Swyg this am and stated Joe will be out for at least two more weeks.

damn. concussions are no joke and have to be handled carefully so get well soon joe! this just means fienhage and blood will continue to get valuable big game experiece every night. lets go sioux. lets score some friken goals this weekend!!

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

At today's weekly meeting with the local media, Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said that Joe Finley probably won't make the trip to Colorado this weekend. Finley has returned to practice, though.

Hakstol also praised the chemistry between Evan Trupp and Jason Gregoire. Those two played on the second power-play unit together, combining for a pair of goals. On Friday, they teammed for the game-winner with Trupp feeding Gregoire for the power-play goal. On Saturday, they got a goal to fall just after a power play expired. It wouldn't be a surprise to see these two on a line together this weekend.

Hakstol said he believes the freshmen defensemen -- Ben Blood and Corey Fienhage -- are coming along all right. He said that we've all seen "the good, the bad and the ugly" with them, but said that they were "thrown into the fire" and have had to play against opponent's top lines.... not an easy thing to do for rookie defensemen.

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

At today's weekly meeting with the local media, Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said that Joe Finley probably won't make the trip to Colorado this weekend. Finley has returned to practice, though.

Hakstol also praised the chemistry between Evan Trupp and Jason Gregoire. Those two played on the second power-play unit together, combining for a pair of goals. On Friday, they teammed for the game-winner with Trupp feeding Gregoire for the power-play goal. On Saturday, they got a goal to fall just after a power play expired. It wouldn't be a surprise to see these two on a line together this weekend.

Hakstol said he believes the freshmen defensemen -- Ben Blood and Corey Fienhage -- are coming along all right. He said that we've all seen "the good, the bad and the ugly" with them, but said that they were "thrown into the fire" and have had to play against opponent's top lines.... not an easy thing to do for rookie defensemen.

SIOUX / CC GAMENOTES

CC WEBSITE NOTES

cc game keys