SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5

siouxguyinstpaul

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only takes one good win to regain some of the lost confidence. I for one won't bury the gophers until they are out of the NCAA tournament. It is not like Wisconsin and CC outplayed Minnesota badly, in fact it was quite the opposite in some circumstances. Why is it we are so disposed to think the Sioux have a run of bad luck and puck bounces, but it doesn't happen to other teams. From what it sounds like, they are still working hard but a bounce here or a bounce there isn't going their way, and we all know that in the WCHA that can be the determining factor, whether you outplay a team or not.

I agree I said earlier that I won't count them out until they are sitting as number 15 in the pairwise on March 22. I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with saying the gophers are done when we haven't sewn up na ncaa birth yet either, one bad weekend in we are in the same position. there is a lot of hockey left to be played.

Has anyone ever sat in the Club Level at the Xcell - for the Final Five ?

How did it compare to the lower bowl ?

I've sat in Club Level many times at the "X", it's pretty darn nice up there but I don't think you get the "fan atmosphere" up there. The lower bowl is much more exciting with all the other people around you. Alot nicer for bathrooms though, you don't have to sit and wait in line between periods for the can like you do in the lower bowl.

I have sat in the upper deck, suites, club and lower bowl, if you taking pictures lower bowl is really good.

If you not taking pictures and like shorter lines to the bathroom club is good. I also recomending sitting at center ice in the upper deck.

Awesome place to sit. The Suite thing was an accident that just happened. They have cheaper beer in the Suites and you get TV, and much nicer bathrooms.

I've sat there for the Frozen Four. I wouldn't recommend it because teams in bad colors win.

But for sightlines, I love it. I think club level is excellent. Fewer people, concourses are open and roomy, and it's a great place to watch the game, especially if you are on the end and watching the whole play develop. You're high enough to get a real good view of the whole developing situation, but not so high you feel out of it. I would have no issues sitting club level.

Thanks it sounds good to me

I love going bezerk when we play well & win - But some of the stress of the lower bowl can sometimes not be pleasant

I will never sit up high again (I mean way up top) you feel like your breathing all the crowds air :lol: & you most likely are (Heat rises)

We will be on the end the Wild shoot twice - I hope that the Sioux do too - I like being up aways & see the plays develop - I have never cared for down low (near the glass) - or center ice - It's not football :D

I was surprised the Club level wasn't any more $ than the lower bowl

& if I never hear the Rouser again - It's OK with me :(

Have you seen this ? http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/arena/WCHA...urFinalFive.jsp

alot - yes - but the place holds 18,000 and it is never full unless the gophs are playing in the championship game even though it is said to be "sold out"

I do not need Gopher fans in order to have fun. Besides, we sit by a couple of great Gopher fans who know hockey, and they are at all of the games. Even if the Gophers aren't there they will be, so the Gophers will be represented sufficiently.

Just got my tickets to the Final 5 and rooms! Anyone have any info on the Embassy suites? Good, bad?

We've been staying there since it started in St. Paul - it's a great place to stay. It's a little far from the X, but you can pay $10 per person for a weekend shuttle pass to get to and from the X. They run shuttles between games, too, which makes it handy for getting back in time for the free drinks during the manager's reception!

We've been staying there since it started in St. Paul - it's a great place to stay. It's a little far from the X, but you can pay $10 per person for a weekend shuttle pass to get to and from the X. They run shuttles between games, too, which makes it handy for getting back in time for the free drinks during the manager's reception!

We've stayed at a few different hotels, and I think the Embassy Suites is the best option. The full breakfast is a bonus. The shuttle service makes the distance, not a big deal. I've walked it too. You can also make a stop at Alary's and catch their free shuttle (i think it's still free) and have a beverage. That's usually my plan.

A friend and I are going to our first Final Five this year. We purchased our tickets yesterday but are having a hard time finding a decent hotel within walking distance of the arena. Does everyone who's going already have a room booked or do some of you wait until the Final Five teams are 'finalized' and hope that fans of other teams cancel their reservations? Also, should we have to stay farther away, does anyone know if there are shuttles or buses running to and from the arena from area hotels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try the Kelly Inn right by the capitol building, its cheap and decent.