SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5

siouxguyinstpaul

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my reorder form in the mail yesterday. Seems early this year - perhaps not though.

Fun tourney and hope all of you can be there.

Also - tickets for the regionals at the John are now available on Gophersports.com. I hate looking at that site - but have to in instances like this.

The new gophersports.com is amazing.

The new gophersports.com is amazing.

As a Sioux homer, I would have to say that BEAUTY is in the eye of the beholder. I guess I wouldn't call their site amazing. Too much maroon and gold.

Speaking of Goofs they are winning in Football right now 14-3.

As a Sioux homer, I would have to say that BEAUTY is in the eye of the beholder. I guess I wouldn't call their site amazing. Too much maroon and gold.

Speaking of Goofs they are winning in Football right now 14-3.

What an intense game. Back to only up by 7 after a huge fumble run back to go up 14.

Last year was the first year I got the package and enjoyed it. How easy is to upgrade to a different section? Right now we're in 113, in the corner, not bad but am thinking of trying to get more to center ice. I too got Regional tickets. They had the count down clock on the site so only had to look at Gopher stuff for less than 7 minutes. :silly:

Yep. After 4-5 losses to finish the season, it'll be good luck at the Peach Bowl. :silly:

So negative for absolutely no reason. What makes you think the season will end with 5 losses?

Purdue is a toss up, we will probably be slight underdogs.

Northwestern at home we should win, I don't see why not.

Michigan at home better be a win, they are horrible.

At the BADgers...I'll be there so it should be a win :glare: But in all seriousness, they are bad this year and were overrated to start

Hawkeyes at home...who hates iowa? Last game in the dome, should be playing for quite a bit and Iowa has on QB...another win

I see at least 3 more wins. 9-3 gets you a pretty good bowl if that indeed does happen. I can see anywhere from 8-4 to 11-1...

I wonder how much travel to Pasadena costs? :0

So negative for absolutely no reason. What makes you think the season will end with 5 losses?

Purdue is a toss up, we will probably be slight underdogs.

Northwestern at home we should win, I don't see why not.

Michigan at home better be a win, they are horrible.

At the BADgers...I'll be there so it should be a win :silly: But in all seriousness, they are bad this year and were overrated to start

Hawkeyes at home...who hates iowa? Last game in the dome, should be playing for quite a bit and Iowa has on QB...another win

I see at least 3 more wins. 9-3 gets you a pretty good bowl if that indeed does happen. I can see anywhere from 8-4 to 11-1...

I wonder how much travel to Pasadena costs? :glare:

Gophers will win 2 more games. 11-1 is nice to dream about, but not realistic.

Gophers will win 2 more games. 11-1 is nice to dream about, but not realistic.

8-4 is the worst I could see us doing. I'm curious as to what 3 games you see as losses? I don't think there are any games you can chalk up as sure losses at all. We should be favored vs. Iowa, Northwestern, and Michigan. Wisconsin has been awful but I'm guessing we are 1 TD - 10 point underdogs. Purdue should be a toss up.

To bad they aren't playing NDSU again this year. The Bison happened to catch them at the most opportune time, the two worst back-to-back seasons of Gopher football in many years.

Looking at the Sagarin rankings here's the projected outcome of the game...

26th: Minnesota 6-1 (79.94)

137th: North Dakota State 3-3 (55.51)

If played at our home again, the spread would be about 28 points.

I agree NDSU caught us at their best time in recent history and the worst in possibly the entire Gopher history. It would be a slaughter.

Looking at the Sagarin rankings here's the projected outcome of the game...

26th: Minnesota 6-1 (79.94)

137th: North Dakota State 3-3 (55.51)

If played at our home again, the spread would be about 28 points.

I agree NDSU caught us at their best time in recent history and the worst in possibly the entire Gopher history. It would be a slaughter.

why don't you take this goofey conversation elsewhere

congrats on the "bowl eligible" but who here gives a damn (lord knows only half the teams make it)

find a metropolitan minnesota goph football thread on site and knock yourself out

why don't you take this goofey conversation elsewhere

congrats of the "bowl eligible" but who here gives a damn (lord knows only half the teams make it)

find a metropolitan minnesota goph football thread on site and knock yourself out

Man, that's a big 10-4 there SGiStP. An unbelievably boring and irrelevant stray from

what could be a thread on the finest college hockey tournament in the land.

Anyone ever "upgrade" their seats at order time? If so, what kind of luck did you have in getting

an improved seating preference?

I think that they raised the end zone nosebleeds about $5/game. Still, $78 for five games ain't all that bad.

We were thinking about trying to upgrade too. I asked the same question earlier in this thread but didn't get an answer. It says on the order form that the upgrades are based on the priority year with the Final 5. So it sounds like the more years you've had these seats the better chance you have.

I actually "downgraded" last year - by that I mean I exchanged my row 2 seats for row 8 in club section 26. Although this may have been considered an upgrade as row 8 are the rail seats and are pretty popular from my understanding. Filling out the form with specifics of what your looking for helps - but I also called the ticket office two years in a row to express my wishes. Two years ago - I ended up speaking with the manager of the office and she was not much help. Last year, I got simply some representative and she took the time to help me and I ended up getting my first choice. Perhaps something else had changed i.e. the person who had the seats I wanted did not renew for some reason or maybe I caught the manager at a bad time and the rep at a good one - but I have to believe that if one takes the time to call, the ticket office will take the time to help you with your requests.

• 4 months later...

I got mine too! I haven't watched the dvd yet they sent with the WCHA tickets. Remember to enter the contest to win tickets for next years event by correctly guessing which 5 teams make it this year. Which teams play for the title, and how many total goals scored in all the games. Enter online at www.xcelenergy.com