SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5

siouxguyinstpaul

The only times its been impossible to get tickets is if its Sioux-Gophers on Saturday night. Any other time - even if its a sellout - getting a scalped ticket is not hard.

and its still never impossible, just have have to be willing to pay :D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only times its been impossible to get tickets is if its Sioux-Gophers on Saturday night. Any other time - even if its a sellout - getting a scalped ticket is not hard.

Couple years ago when the Sioux and Gophers met for the championship game (the infamous Wheeler diving swat shot) I got tickets online (ticketmaster.com) after the Sioux game and I got a ticket for the lower level end of the rink.

I still think there will be a lot of people at the games even if the goofs don't make it.

Oh, the Gophs will make it...game 3, tie game and the Gophs just happen to get a 5 on 3 pp with 2 1/2 minutes left. :lol: Make no mistake that the powers that be will try to make sure they get to the F5! :D

Oh, the Gophs will make it...game 3, tie game and the Gophs just happen to get a 5 on 3 pp with 2 1/2 minutes left. :lol: Make no mistake that the powers that be will try to make sure they get to the F5! :D

I think the "U" has stopped payments to the "Shepard-Gopher Officiating Help Fund." The GOphers are going to have to win it on their own this year! :( Besides, the way this season has been going a 5 on 3 power play for the Gophers would end in the opposing team getting a short-handed goal. :)

The Gophers should have to earn their way into the final five not have the refs homer their oppostion. If that was

to happen it would be wrong ethically.

But we all know the Gophers have the refs and the WCHA in their back pocket. Atleast, thats what people keep saying.

Isn't it great.

I think the "U" has stopped payments to the "Shepard-Gopher Officiating Help Fund." The GOphers are going to have to win it on their own this year! :D Besides, the way this season has been going a 5 on 3 power play for the Gophers would end in the opposing team getting a short-handed goal. :lol:

Minny will probably have to travel to UMD or CC for the 1st round. I could see them beating either of those 2 team in a best of 3.

Minny will probably have to travel to UMD or CC for the 1st round. I could see them beating either of those 2 team in a best of 3.

I think Duluth would eat the Gophers lunch if they had to travel to the DECC. IMHO UMD is one of the tougher teams I have seen this season.

That is the one team I could see winning through the Final Five.

Who are you and what have you done with our Goon? :D

The more I think about it, if that situation happened the league coaches would run McClown and Sherpherd out of the league office.

That move would lack class and be unethical.

If the refs did that it would cheapen the league and I can't see it happening. I am just as much a conspiracey theorist as anyone but I dunno

the league would lose all credibility if this happens.

I agree with you, that's why it's laughable when I hear people say that the WCHA will make sure the Gophers are in

the Final Five or NCAA tournament.

If MN goes to CC I can see them winning a first round series there. If they go to the DECC, I think it will be a different story. UMD does a very good job of cluttering up the ice. Right now the Gophers have trouble getting space on the big ice, and on the small ice UMD will pound away and we know what happens then. The Sioux will be blamed for the scuffles and wrestling matches that ensue, especially when the Gophers lose the first game.

If MN goes to CC I can see them winning a first round series there. If they go to the DECC, I think it will be a different story. UMD does a very good job of cluttering up the ice. Right now the Gophers have trouble getting space on the big ice, and on the small ice UMD will pound away and we know what happens then. The Sioux will be blamed for the scuffles and wrestling matches that ensue, especially when the Gophers lose the first game.

Everyone is assuming the Gophers will be on the road in the first round. If they sweep this weekend, which I know is a huge if, but if that happens they will pass Duluth and they should pass St. Cloud as they are at Denver and then they would be in fifth. I'm certainly not predicting a sweep but stranger things have happened.

Everyone is assuming the Gophers will be on the road in the first round. If they sweep this weekend, which I know is a huge if, but if that happens they will pass Duluth and they should pass St. Cloud as they are at Denver and then they would be in fifth. I'm certainly not predicting a sweep but stranger things have happened.

When dealing with the Gophers and CC for a potential first round matchup, I don't think home ice matters much. The games will be sloppy and eventually a mediocre team will prevail. Not sure what to think of UMD. Guess I'll know more after this weekend.

Lets see the Goofs have been swept by MSU-M, UND, Wisconsin and C.C. I don't like your team's chances. The only team they have beat on a regular basis is SCSU and it's tought to beat a team 6 times in a season. Eventually that team will win.

If the refs did that it would cheapen the league and I can't see it happening. I am just as much a conspiracey theorist as anyone but I dunno

the league would lose all credibility if this happens.

What credibility?:D

The goofs will get a win this weekend... It helps us in the pairwise!!! And they have to win to keep any hope for a playoff birth. But i just dont see the gophers making it to the final five. :lol:

Lets see the Goofs have been swept by MSU-M, UND, Wisconsin and C.C. I don't like your team's chances. The only team they have beat on a regular basis is SCSU and it's tought to beat a team 6 times in a season. Eventually that team will win.

How about you make sure the Sioux win the league and I'll make sure the Gophers meet them in the Friday night semi. :D

I don't like our chances either. You'd have to be nuts to think the Gophers will get 7 or 8 points the next two weekends to gain home ice but it's not impossible either.

It only takes one good win to regain some of the lost confidence. I for one won't bury the gophers until they are out of the NCAA tournament. It is not like Wisconsin and CC outplayed Minnesota badly, in fact it was quite the opposite in some circumstances. Why is it we are so disposed to think the Sioux have a run of bad luck and puck bounces, but it doesn't happen to other teams. From what it sounds like, they are still working hard but a bounce here or a bounce there isn't going their way, and we all know that in the WCHA that can be the determining factor, whether you outplay a team or not.